Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Sean Doolittle rules. Wish him success in whatever cool hipster poo poo he decides to do with his post-baseball life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
forums poster goutpatrol I am here to inform you that we cubsposters have not yet begun to cubspost

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
There should be a Cubs quarantine thread.

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

It’s called the post season

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Swing and a miss!

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

GalacticAcid posted:

Every thread is the cubsposting thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tony Phillips posted:

If you can't look at this and doompost your team into actually clearly being mathematically eliminated when you think about it, then are you even trying?

I like the Twins peeking out the bottom like a predator about to strike

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Max Fried shut down for the regular season with those loving blisters, should be back for the DS but ugh this is deja vu all over again!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think we can all agree that Houston should not participate in baseball anymore.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Pxndp5r_E&t=51s

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

matthew "mash" mervis

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Unfortunately with the Yankees floundering only the Astros possess adequate power to enrage and demoralize the rabble, and I’m forced to say - Go Astros

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This kind of rabble rousing is harmful to the cohesion of the collective

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Bandire posted:

Seriously. Now that schedules are more balanced and everyone plays everyone it makes even less sense to seed weak division winners higher than wild card teams that are 15 games better. Whoever wins the AL Central might end up with the worst record of any playoff team.

Alright, this is just drat rude.

For either Cleveland or Detroit to win the AL Central at this point would require the Minnesota Twins to not win a single game for the rest of the year, and the Twins play the Rockies, A's, and Angels. The worst playoff team record ever is 82-80, which the Twins need to win exactly one single more game to reach.

The Twins have also been playing on pace to win ALL of those games, though I don't think they will (I'd love it, but it seems unlikely), and it's not out of the question thus for them to end the season with 90 wins, which is an entirely respectable number.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

GalacticAcid posted:

Unfortunately with the Yankees floundering only the Astros possess adequate power to enrage and demoralize the rabble, and I’m forced to say - Go Astros

I don't know why but I trust this guy's judgement

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

GalacticAcid posted:

You’re posting in it. The real baseball thread is a secret.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

euphronius posted:

Wikipedia says he was suspended indefinitely but I don’t trust Wikipedia so it’s why I asked
he's on the restricted list (i.e. suspended with pay, not occupying a roster spot) indefinitely while MLB conducts it's investigation. He's also under criminal investigation in the DR, I think facing multiple potential charges with multiple victims. Seems likely he's played his last MLB game.

GalacticAcid posted:

I miss the Scoobi-solo-gameday thread

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Miz Kriss posted:

Too late already did.

Anyway, Sean Doolittle announced his retirement.
https://twitter.com/whatwoulddoodo/status/1705236218852548946?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

Legitimately cool baseball dude. I always wanted him to at least be with the Cubs for a year, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It was cool and good that Doolittle got to have a career as a pitcher after he couldn't stay healthy for three straight weeks as a hitter

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1705263731016397022

GOMS (M stands for meteor)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1705236109481894044

What the actual gently caress am I looking at here. Am I having a stroke???

GalacticAcid posted:

We had one of those a couple years ago (a couple other teams spun up ones too IIRC) and then the mods came and shut them all down because they're cowards looking to foster a holistic community that posts together, lest they all be probed separated.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I would like for the Rangers to beat the Mariners several times over the next couple of weeks. And the Angels three times.

:hmmwrong:

I would like the Rangers to get bashed by the Mariners while the Astros get swept by the Royals and D-Backs.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

euphronius posted:

I think we can all agree that Houston should not participate in baseball anymore.

The Royals are doing everything they can to help GOMS - they laid down and obligingly lost 3 straight to them at the end of August and took 2 of 3 from the can-bangers last weekend.

Ragans starts tonight so we've got a decent chance to at least take the first game from Houston.

GOMS (and go royals - hoping BWJ gets to 30-50 this weekend)

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1705236109481894044

What the actual gently caress am I looking at here. Am I having a stroke???

We had one of those a couple years ago (a couple other teams spun up ones too IIRC) and then the mods came and shut them all down because they're cowards looking to foster a holistic community that posts together, lest they all be probed separated.

Ross heard your complaints about not being younger in the lineup, so he put Young in. Is there any way to please Cubs Nation?????

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

What a letdown. Those fans almost had a cool story to tell.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I hated playing the Royals this year because their team is super annoying to play as they have some really good hitters. Conseque3ntly that means they will be super annoying for the Astros to play agains so I wish the Royals all the luck and Bobby Witt Jr is a cool young player and they are fun to have.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Max Fried shut down for the regular season with those loving blisters, should be back for the DS but ugh this is deja vu all over again!

im upset!

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

I hated playing the Royals this year because their team is super annoying to play as they have some really good hitters. Conseque3ntly that means they will be super annoying for the Astros to play agains so I wish the Royals all the luck and Bobby Witt Jr is a cool young player and they are fun to have.

I'm a homer but there are times when they don't seem like a 100 loss team. They have some real promising position players even beyond BWJ.

But the pitching. Holy poo poo the pitching is so awful and all the 2018 draftees turned out to be poo poo. Good thing they picked a high school catcher with their first round pick this year! :sigh:

I'm happy they're bringing in Brian Bridges as the new scouting director but they really should have cleaned out the front office when they let Dayton Moore go.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Doctor Skeleton posted:

It’s called the post season

lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You’re posting in it. The real baseball thread is a secret.

I knew it!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I will never stop Cubsposting

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm cubsposting right now

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Exodor posted:

The Royals are doing everything they can to help GOMS - they laid down and obligingly lost 3 straight to them at the end of August and took 2 of 3 from the can-bangers last weekend.

Ragans starts tonight so we've got a decent chance to at least take the first game from Houston.

GOMS (and go royals - hoping BWJ gets to 30-50 this weekend)

:hmmyes:

:yeshaha:

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I like this weekend series for the Brewers, it’s a win win series. Right on the cusp of winning the division so a win is cool, but losing screws over the Cubs.

Counsell should be in the running for manager of the year but probably won’t even get a mention. The Brewers lineup is loving garbage and they went half the year without Woodruff. With the balanced schedule they have no business having the record they do in the standings.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
N: https://twitter.com/cubszone/status/1705307535345905989?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
V: Seiya is good and cool

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Wow that's surprising but I looked it up on bref and it looks correct. Suprised Ichiro never hit 20.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
OMG. My actual reaction to that stat was "OK, Matsui and who else... No, not Ichiro. Don't think Johjima ever did that....."

Who? Who oh who could it be.

Sigh.

It's me. The guy that forgot Shohei.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

Wow that's surprising but I looked it up on bref and it looks correct. Suprised Ichiro never hit 20.

:actually: he could have if he wanted to

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Kinda crazy considering he missed a fair chunk of the early season and was hitting miserably up till August. He's done like half of those numbers in just the past month and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm cubsposting right now

Hey! I'm MERVIN' here!