Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
bad: woke up too drat early and couldn’t get back to sleep

good: am drinking coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

i woke up badly. got congested in the night and couldn't get back to sleep, CPAP was making me feel like i was suffocating.

after a while i blinked at it was 20 minutes til i needed to be at work. so i did not make coffee.

no big deal - A&W coffe has improved recently let's go get that.

The A&W Sign posted:

COFFEE MACHINE OUT OF ORDER

WE SORRY[sic] FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE

okay. what are our other options? there's starbucks downstairs, the indie coffee stall across the hall... the queues are too long. need for coffee increasing.

tim hortons blueberry muffins are aight, at the very least i can just scoff one of those. absorb the essence of bloob. i go to the timmies express and i am drawn to the s elf-serve coffeee...

so anyway i'm drinking tim hortons coffee and i have several regrets. the bloob muffin was good though, and i snuck an apple fritter into the bag that also wasn't bad, but i didn't pay for it :getin:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I used my aeropress to make a cup of coffee instead of the coffee machine this morning. Yeah, I'm what you might call a free spirit sometimes.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

had coffee

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had the 2nd afternoon work cup because holy heck actually having to read the content is exhausting

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
brewing coffee number 4

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Gotta be up earlier than usual tomorrow, so I’m getting up EXTRA early to make sure there’s time for coffee

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
really gettin' into this v60 brewing, it's fun

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

drinking a coffee

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

halfway through my first cup! i do feel like a second one though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had coffee

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it's time to drink coffee

fake edit: it's still hot too

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dioxazine posted:

halfway through my first cup! i do feel like a second one though

im halfway through my first cup and i feel like a #2 myself

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I drank a cup

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

post hole digger posted:

i feel like a #2 myself

stay strong

strong like coffee

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just remembered there is cold brewing in the fridge right now and i will drink tomorrow

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

looking forward to the coffee i will be drinking tomorrow

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

dioxazine posted:

i do feel like a second one though

hell, same

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
time to start day drinking

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

RokosCockatrice posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

RokosCockatrice posted:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

RokosCockatrice posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haveing cold brew

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

RokosCockatrice posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it's time to drink coffee

this will be the last time i drink coffee until :pulls up calendar: october 5th (if my booster appointment doesnt get cancelled). see you then!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
got mad at work this morning so I went to the bakery for a cookie & American. hits the spot

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve traced the IP address, must go investigate

Noobles fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 22, 2023

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Noobles posted:

I’ve traced the IP address, must go investigate

*extremely pro hacker voice* "I'm in".

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Glorgnole posted:

looking forward to the coffee i will be drinking tomorrow

update on this: I had coffee today

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

Chris Knight posted:

forbidden night beans

mods namechange please

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I need help goon friends. I’ve got a sore throat and because of that I couldn’t sleep much last night. now I’m up for the day and tired. Any recommendations on some sort of liquid that I can drink that’s warm to soothe my throat but also wake me up? tia

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cum

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Neophyte posted:

*extremely mike myers hacker voice* "I'm in, discuss".

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
starting my 2nd cup

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Noobles posted:

I need help goon friends. I’ve got a sore throat and because of that I couldn’t sleep much last night. now I’m up for the day and tired. Any recommendations on some sort of liquid that I can drink that’s warm to soothe my throat but also wake me up? tia

mocha

is comforting hot chocolate with a kick of caffeine

also great for getting a kick start on your diabeetus

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haveing coffee

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Captain Foo posted:

haveing coffee

same

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I have a coffee question. I was watching a video for my bodum pourover and it says the standard ratio is 60 g of coffee per 1 liter of water.

edited because I'm an idiot who thought 1 tbsp beans was 1/4 cup instead of 1/16 cup

anyway, it looks like 60 g per 1 L of water is the "standard"

I don't have a scale, but a video from the place that made my coffee says 45g of beans is about 1/2 cup, so 1/16 cup (i.e. one tbsp) is around 6 g

If I'm doing 2 tbsp of beans, that's 12 g, which means I want 1/5 L

1/5L is about 0.85 cups, so it sounds like I'm using a little more than double the amount of water I should (i previously was using 2 cups for 2 tablespoons)

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 25, 2023

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name

actionjackson posted:

I have a coffee question. I was watching a video for my bodum pourover and it says the standard ratio is 60 g of coffee per 1 liter of water.

edited because I'm an idiot who thought 1 tbsp beans was 1/4 cup instead of 1/16 cup

anyway, it looks like 60 g per 1 L of water is the "standard"

I don't have a scale, but a video from the place that made my coffee says 45g of beans is about 1/2 cup, so 1/16 cup (i.e. one tbsp) is around 6 g

If I'm doing 2 tbsp of beans, that's 12 g, which means I want 1/5 L

1/5L is about 0.85 cups, so it sounds like I'm using a little more than double the amount of water I should (i previously was using 2 cups for 2 tablespoons)

I'd recommend 60g per liter instead of whatever these fractions are. Aka 15g per 250mL. You can be off a little bit it's fine, it'll make a good coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

SimonSays posted:

I'd recommend 60g per liter instead of whatever these fractions are. Aka 15g per 250mL. You can be off a little bit it's fine, it'll make a good coffee.

yeah that's what I'm gonna do, just converting to freedom units and scaling.

what ratio would you do for iced coffee?

also I didn't think of the fact that some of the water will be removed as steam, so perhaps I should start with a bit more than I'm doing now.