Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
A charge port? In the 90s? For a Walkman??

More likely to house a retractable AC adapter or be a AA dispenser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Phy posted:

A charge port? In the 90s? For a Walkman??

More likely to house a retractable AC adapter or be a AA dispenser

It’s some of his future tech he’s a time traveler

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

It’s some of his future tech he’s a time traveler

Yeah but I thought he's from the giant guns future not the omnipresent social media and global warming future

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Phy posted:

Yeah but I thought he's from the giant guns future not the omnipresent social media and global warming future

what makes you think those are different futures

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Phy posted:

Wait, I thought he hated that future?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Uthor posted:

Wait, I thought he hated that future?

EDIT: Might as well post the full strip

Suleman fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 19, 2023

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Grassy Knowles posted:

Knee guard has a pocket to hold his walkman, you can see the headphone jack and charging port

Cable: hold on a sec, I made a mixtape for the fight

Stryfe: sick

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

Cable: hold on a sec, I made a mixtape for the fight

Stryfe: sick

"Oh I hate this song!"

"That's why you're the evil one"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's telekinetic. he can grab any of those seemingly unreachable weapons at any time with his mind. i don't think he had tk during x-cutioner's song, though.
He was already telekinetic by this time, but not openly, I'm pretty sure.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

He was already telekinetic by this time, but not openly, I'm pretty sure.

He just experimented with it, in the privacy of his bedroom.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Leading Comics #5 (1942)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Raphael: Bad Moon Rising #3 (2007)

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

2000AD prog 2350

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Unkempt posted:

2000AD prog 2350

Possibly the most cursed block names in Dredd's long history of cursed block names.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lightning Comics #6 (1942)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Radioactive Man #88 (1994)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Darthemed posted:

Radioactive Man #88 (1994)

I dimly remember the plot of a Bartman Comic was that the hypno whirly disk actually worked.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
X-Men Red #15

Spider-Man Animals Assemble

Uncanny Spider-Man #1

Predator vs. Wolverine #1

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

This is loving amazing, I need a whole book of just that. Dumbass Predators jumping on any living being that is even remotely dangerous.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-Men Red #15

Spider-Man Animals Assemble

Uncanny Spider-Man #1

"My Adoptive Mother Is An Evil Sorceress Who Utilized My Crisis Of Faith to Turn my Innate Optimism into a Magical Weapon Then Tried To Steal It" is my favorite Japanese light novel.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

This is loving amazing, I need a whole book of just that. Dumbass Predators jumping on any living being that is even remotely dangerous.

You've seen Prey, right?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Phy posted:

You've seen Prey, right?

I have, and happily imagined the cloaked Predator hunching over a snake eating a mouse thinking "Woah, badass!" and then de-spining the snake.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’m gonna lol if it turns out Logan of the X-Men has nothing to do with this book, Predator is just fighting wolverine the animal.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

IUG posted:

I’m gonna lol if it turns out Logan of the X-Men has nothing to do with this book, Predator is just fighting wolverine the animal.

Unfortunately the premise is that Logan has a decades-long rivalry with a Pred but maybe Jonathan will get involved at some point too.

Return Loss
Jul 22, 2001

Darthemed posted:

Lightning Comics #6 (1942)

What bug's me most here is the grammar error. Unusual for 1942.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Return Loss posted:

How much proofreading do you think was going on at Lightning Comics in 1942

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Maybe "get" is old timey-speak for job, hit, crime etc. and he is stating that things just got complicated, completely grammartically correct.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Return Loss posted:

Who edited this? I want to give them a piece of my mind!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #24 (1943)

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That look like a Wonder Woman comic so I'd say the barely disgusted fetish is very much par for the course.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just a day in the life of Captain America

source is Captain America #1

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I am kind of torn on the art, the understated facial expressions are still readable in a fun kind of way but everything else looks kinda boring. Also, why are their necks so long?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Steve doesn't skip neck day, Sue accidentally wore Reed's suit.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Why would you go to Captain America for this? Or, more specifically, Captain America before anyone else? Yeah he's dealt with a lot of weird poo poo, but like his power set is "strong, agile, throws shield good". The only unique things he could bring to a party like the FF would be "throws shield good" and "is good at strategy" and those things can both be handled pretty well by Susan already.

If you need to have someone give a great patriotic and uplifting speech to beat this dude, well, he's your guy, but otherwise I'm having trouble seeing what Captain America can do here that the rest of the FF can't.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

Why would you go to Captain America for this? Or, more specifically, Captain America before anyone else? Yeah he's dealt with a lot of weird poo poo, but like his power set is "strong, agile, throws shield good". The only unique things he could bring to a party like the FF would be "throws shield good" and "is good at strategy" and those things can both be handled pretty well by Susan already.

If you need to have someone give a great patriotic and uplifting speech to beat this dude, well, he's your guy, but otherwise I'm having trouble seeing what Captain America can do here that the rest of the FF can't.

Well, it's Psycho-Man. Seems like a pretty good dude to send Captain Confidence Boost against.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

Captain America is a better tank than The Thing who is really more of a DPS.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

He was just the hero that Sue saw and was like "eh, good enough"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Wouldn't they have the Silver Surfer on speed dial or something?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Elissimpark posted:

Wouldn't they have the Silver Surfer on speed dial or something?

Hey, that dude could be halfway across the universe, Cap is both local and easy to find if you're on a clock thanks to not living a double life like some heroes.

if you need a more serious answer than "it'd be funny to put him in a real ridiculous comic-rear end situation", there is a time dilation effect going on (Cap mentions later in narration after he gets back 2 hours later that it's been days of non-stop fighting for him), so Sue really does need to find someone fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh I guess she just naturally has purple hair.