Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Today's Buddyjack, Buddy got: 21, 21, 20, 21.

gently caress you, Buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Are pigs even worth it? I bought the pig farm because number go up but I can't imagine the bacon outsells the materials, time, and effort spent to feed them.

they're only a pain for a little while, now it's so easy it's nothing and bacon is handy for some quests, and the wishing well.

i used up excess pine trees on them in the beginning, but broccoli gives a shitload of feed for very few crops. just every now and then use grapejuice to grow a full crop of broccoli and you'll be laughing.

edit: beaten

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ruggan posted:

I don’t bother slaughtering cows ever, more milk outweighs occasional tiny profits.

I only slaughter pigs when I need bacon.

I pet/feed daily. The cost of feed is so small that I don’t even consider it.

slaughtering cows helps me get leather quick for some masteries or a quest. i have so many high level cows i only need to send a few off at a time. i'm voiding most of the milk anyway.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm back to voiding milk now that I have a full inventory of butter, but there was a while where I was cooking lots of pies for some stupid quest line. Each pie is 1 milk and 5 butter, which adds up to 126 milk per pie, or 875 for seven ovens. At 3 sets a day I didn't have quite enough high level cows.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you should just gift it to mariya

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

If you’re maxxed on butter you should sell some small amount (like 1k) so you can keep making more.

I’m at 55k butter mastery. Chasing that GM.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Question for the thread: What are the most reactive RPGs?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Shard posted:

:dafuq:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Shard posted:

The RPG -7 is probably your best bet, make sure the trigger is well oiled to get the best reaction.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh poo poo I thought this was the general rpg thread lol my bad

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah we don’t play RPGs, we just farm them.

I’ve got a bumper crop of CP2077 phantom liberty east, and this seasons Baldurs Gate 3 was really good too.

The Starfields were underdone though so i tilled over the whole crop.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ruggan posted:

If you’re maxxed on butter you should sell some small amount (like 1k) so you can keep making more.

I’m at 55k butter mastery. Chasing that GM.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope I'll have uninstalled the game before I GM butter

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope I'll have uninstalled the game before I GM butter

Haha. Not taken the wrong way at all.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Linked lanterns turned out to be a relatively easy GM when working on starmap, since otherwise you're voiding the magicite. I got in as the 13th person to GM them, by far earlier than any other GM I've had. Also got to use up some of those small chests that were just overflowing. The money was relatively good for something to sell in the very lategame too, think I ended up with about 50B off of it.

On the AK hunt I also realized I've still got a couple merit badges to pick up, so that'll knock off 600 of the 1800 I still need to get for t249.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I finally got the third raptor skin this month, after 33 raptors hatched this month.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Does any kind soul have 100 shrimp a plenty spare? I am at this stage in the Buddyjack unlock quest chain and I don't have the recipe yet

e: I appreciate this is a lot to ask and am working on getting Cecil to friend level 60 asap

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Sep 22, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Beasteh posted:

Does any kind soul have 100 shrimp a plenty spare? I am at this stage in the Buddyjack unlock quest chain and I don't have the recipe yet

e: I appreciate this is a lot to ask and am working on getting Cecil to friend level 60 asap

Sent.

I would love some excess back as now I only have 27 of them. :v:

Cecil is yarn, ladder, slime stone for bulk leveling. Setup craftworks for it and you will be there quickly. Also if you're voiding bugs he likes them, I gave him 1000 at a time as I hit my inventory cap.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

quote:

Enjoy +10% more Skill XP, +10% more silver when selling at the Farmer's Market, and +10% more mastery now through ~9pm game time Sept 25!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

H110Hawk posted:

Sent.

I would love some excess back as now I only have 27 of them. :v:

Cecil is yarn, ladder, slime stone for bulk leveling. Setup craftworks for it and you will be there quickly. Also if you're voiding bugs he likes them, I gave him 1000 at a time as I hit my inventory cap.

Absolute king, I will send back as I make them/have spare

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Nice, got Belt, Awl, and Buckle GM'd with this bonus

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I am stuck on a different cooking portion of that quest. Sure, I rememebered to get a bunch of wax candles ahead of time, but still need 40,000 bird eggs for the 80 hickory ommletes I need to cook.

...and I accidently cooked a bunch of "sea pintcher special" and not "shrimp a plenty." Oops. Though fixable.

Blockhead
Jun 6, 2003

turtle power

Twincityhacker posted:

I am stuck on a different cooking portion of that quest. Sure, I rememebered to get a bunch of wax candles ahead of time, but still need 40,000 bird eggs for the 80 hickory ommletes I need to cook.

...and I accidently cooked a bunch of "sea pintcher special" and not "shrimp a plenty." Oops. Though fixable.

I have some hickory I can send. I’ve been making a bunch.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Buddyjack unlocked :toot:

I immediately lost three games in a row, will need to look up the best blackjack strats

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I don’t think it’s quite like blackjack, Buddy never draws any more cards he just has what he starts with.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Beasteh posted:

Buddyjack unlocked :toot:

I immediately lost three games in a row, will need to look up the best blackjack strats

Hold on 17 or higher works pretty well for me. Ideally, cheat to get a perfect 21 to get a bonus reward.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

The other day I just didn't do anything related to the game and now I think I'm done with it. This is the longest I've stuck with one of the kinds of game, it was fun but now I'm off to do other things with my time. I wish I could easily dump my inventory on folks

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm curious about the folks who think Starmap is great and want more of it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

they're giving me a ton of stuff I need to complete starmap by dumping a ton of stuff I already have on them, so it's not terrible I guess

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Slimy Hog posted:

The other day I just didn't do anything related to the game and now I think I'm done with it. This is the longest I've stuck with one of the kinds of game, it was fun but now I'm off to do other things with my time. I wish I could easily dump my inventory on folks

The items you dropped on me were much appreciated

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Heads up that Borgen is selling bone broth today. Stock up!

Edit: if I open every large chest 01 I have, I could be the first to GM it.

Unponderable fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 27, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Unponderable posted:

Heads up that Borgen is selling bone broth today. Stock up!

Edit: if I open every large chest 01 I have, I could be the first to GM it.

Hah I did the math and I would be 309k ac short. Lc01, baskets, and med chest 01.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
I realized why nobody has GMed bone broth - you can't sell it once you're capped. On the bright side, I'll get horn canteen grand mastered instead.

PortobelloPirate
Jul 5, 2023
Whoop! Just passed 1k inventory!

IGN is the same as my name here if you’d like to friend me/shower me in cheese for “A Towering Investment” to celebrate.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

PortobelloPirate posted:

Whoop! Just passed 1k inventory!

IGN is the same as my name here if you’d like to friend me/shower me in cheese for “A Towering Investment” to celebrate.

Thou mailbox runneth over, please embiggen it. How much cheese do you need?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hit t100 the other day.

what am i doing with my life.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

hambeet posted:

hit t100 the other day.

what am i doing with my life.

Gonna hit it tomorrow. Good question.

PortobelloPirate
Jul 5, 2023

monkeytennis posted:

Thou mailbox runneth over, please embiggen it. How much cheese do you need?

I am currently at 545/600

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

I just unlocked my tower yesterday!

...I still need so much honey, how did this happen?

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Slimy Hog posted:

Thanks for the gold and stuff, appreciate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

If anyone's got the spare onions to drop an occasional MB on me I'll send back some APs.