Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I already absolutely hate these anomalies, jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Jesus Christ this game is hot loving garbage. 40 minute control games, aggro games are just as bad in the reverse direction. Ive been playing this poo poo heap for years, legend on wild and standard multiple times but holy poo poo its so loving bad now. Ive posted a dozen times about how bad team 5 is when it comes to their actual game balance but I think Im just going to play Arena at this point (magic, not hearthstone) because its really evident they have no idea how to build a compelling card game.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I already absolutely hate these anomalies, jeez

Thats what a TCG dev does when they have no idea how to make people play their game. Im sure a lot of this is based on some analytics garbage.

It is so, so bad.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm having fun :shrug:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Lost a game because my opponent randomly summoned a Ragnaros that 1/7 my face haha.

Chernabog posted:

I'm having fun :shrug:

Yes Im sure Silver is super cool.

Some people had fun with Inindo The Way of the Ninja for SNES, guess what my guy, that doesnt mean its a good game!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm diamond 10 playing earthen paladin.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Chernabog posted:

I'm diamond 10 playing earthen paladin.

oh im sorry all of my criticisms are now not legit, the diamond 10 player is having fun.

This games been poo poo for years but this is pretty bad.

Like Im glad you yourself are having a good time but looking at the health of this shitstorm is uh, well its not great.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Ok dude, then quit and go play something else.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Chernabog posted:

Ok dude, then quit and go play something else.

I literally said I was going to!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

PneumonicBook posted:

Jesus Christ this game is hot loving garbage. 40 minute control games, aggro games are just as bad in the reverse direction. Ive been playing this poo poo heap for years, legend on wild and standard multiple times but holy poo poo its so loving bad now. Ive posted a dozen times about how bad team 5 is when it comes to their actual game balance but I think Im just going to play Arena at this point (magic, not hearthstone) because its really evident they have no idea how to build a compelling card game.

yea the rng factor has been dialed up to 11. makes for fun watching but a pretty inconsistent and frustrating experience imo.

if you haven't tried marvel snap yet, this might be a good time to check it out. games are much shorter (seven turns max simultaneously played), and while there is rng bs through randomized locations, the core gameplay loop has been pretty fun. the worst part about that game is trying to complete your card collection... the devs. absolutely hate people having all the cards and have designed a horrible gatcha lootbox system once you've progressed past a certain point but if you're looking for a decent free to play game it could work, as long as you stick to a few decks and plan out what cards you wanna grab ahead of time.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

PneumonicBook posted:

oh im sorry all of my criticisms are now not legit, the diamond 10 player is having fun.

This games been poo poo for years but this is pretty bad.

Like Im glad you yourself are having a good time but looking at the health of this shitstorm is uh, well its not great.

lol Jesus get over yourself with this; rank is like 80% a measure of time investment anyway. Anomalies are likely to become an annoying gimmick after about a week but the last few metas have been generally fine, better than United in Stormwind era standard at least and certainly the balance changes are much much more reactive than 4+ years ago.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Last King posted:

if you haven't tried marvel snap yet, this might be a good time to check it out.

It is inherently funny to suggest marvel snap to someone rage quitting hearthstone after half a day with anomalies. Snap is literally anomalies dialed up to 100 lol

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

PneumonicBook posted:

gently caress off faster next time

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
undead aggro priest is back, and they have infinite cannibalize and undying allies

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

OMFG FURRY posted:

undead aggro priest is back, and they have infinite cannibalize and undying allies

Oh thank goodness. Have a list?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

PneumonicBook posted:

Lost a game because my opponent randomly summoned a Ragnaros that 1/7 my face haha.

Hearthstone has literally never had games decided by Rag shots!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm enjoying anomalies but then I play Thief Rogue in Gold Wild

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The C'thun hero skin is extremely well done

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

The 'upgraded hero power' anomaly sure is fun as Benedictus, especially when your opponent is a warrior!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
### yogghunt
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (1) Flare
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 1x (2) Cat Trick
# 1x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Hidden Meaning
# 1x (2) Ice Trap
# 1x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (2) Selective Breeder
# 1x (2) Snipe
# 1x (2) Wandering Monster
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (2) ZOMBEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Cloaked Huntress
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 1x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (5) Trial of the Jormungars
# 1x (4) Stormpike Battle Ram
# 1x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (5) Subject 9
# 1x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Wild Bloodstinger
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
# 1x (15) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
#
AAEBAa/XAyi7Ba4GgAfJFMoUwxb4sQLEtALTzQLf0gKG0wKnggO7oQP8owOfpQOmpQPq6QPw7APm7gOU/AOrjQTbkQSpnwTjnwTYowTlpASZrQTnuQSDyASX7wSnpAX9xAWP5AXq8gXz8gXS+AXT+AXX+QWplQaZoQYAAAED5u4D/cQF8/IF/cQFmaEG/cQFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sloppy posted:

The 'upgraded hero power' anomaly sure is fun as Benedictus, especially when your opponent is a warrior!

the one that keeps shuffling cards into your deck is great because it totally murders the most toxic deck in the whole of Wild

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

the one that keeps shuffling cards into your deck is great because it totally murders the most toxic deck in the whole of Wild

How does it break DiscoLock?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

How does it break DiscoLock?

think he's referring to tony druid, which needed to empty their deck.

what do you think is the most busted thing to try to climb with? i might try to make a push back into wild legend, but it got pretty stale and rng heavy earlier when everyone seemed to be hard countering discolock,.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

PneumonicBook posted:

I quit before the titans launch and haven't looked back until today when I got an email about the mini-set. I don't miss it at all despite playing for like nine years. It's just going to be gimmicks on top of gimmicks from now on, assuming it wasn't always like that anyway.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I actually really like Titans and generally think the game is better now than when I played way back. I also think it is more difficult which might be a result of the higher power level (i.e. mistakes are punished more and there are more interactions) or my increased age and decreased time to play?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Titans was fine..before the miniset. They really have to roll back a lot of the warrior buffs, especially the buffs to the weapon. We are like a week away from total ladder destruction.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't think i've seen anything that i recognize as being from the miniset, what decks are people playing with those cards?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

flatluigi posted:

i don't think i've seen anything that i recognize as being from the miniset, what decks are people playing with those cards?

Sanitize and Yogg remove a lot of the weaknesses control warrior had

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Bloodstinger out Prison Breaker in. Now officially feels too strong to play in Casual.

### yogghunt
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (1) Flare
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 1x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 1x (2) Cat Trick
# 1x (2) Dun Baldar Bunker
# 1x (2) Explosive Trap
# 1x (2) Hidden Meaning
# 1x (2) Ice Trap
# 1x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (2) Selective Breeder
# 1x (2) Snipe
# 1x (2) Wandering Monster
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (2) ZOMBEEEES!!!
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Cloaked Huntress
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 1x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (0) Serpentbloom
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (4) Prison Breaker
# 1x (4) Stormpike Battle Ram
# 1x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (5) Subject 9
# 1x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (7) Dinotamer Brann
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (7) Mountain Bear
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAa/XAyi7Ba4GgAfJFMoUwxb4sQLEtALTzQLf0gKG0wKnggP8owOfpQOmpQPq6QPw7APm7gOU/AOrjQTbkQSpnwTjnwTYowTlpASZrQTnuQSDyASX7wSnpAX9xAWP5AXq8gXz8gXS+AXT+AXX+QWplQbCmgaZoQYAAAED5u4D/cQF8/IF/cQFmaEG/cQFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

flatluigi posted:

The Druid minion that refreshes mana is key for Tony Miracle Druid. A few lists floating around, here's one I want to play:

### Tony
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Embrace of Nature
# 2x (1) Funnel Cake
# 2x (1) Planted Evidence
# 2x (1) Rake
# 2x (2) Contaminated Lasher
# 2x (2) Lifebinder's Gift
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
# 1x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAZSaBgbB3wSm7wTN0AX93wXYgQaplQYMrp8E2p8EoKAErsAE1t4E7qMFoukF8foF/Y0Gu5kGqZ4Gq54GAAA=
#

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
Hello fellow goons,

So I reinstalled this garbage because I heard about an interesting new mode called Twist (kind of like Wild but less oppressive I’m hoping)! BUT, I can’t figure out how to actually create the deck. Like…I’m not stupid (debatable)…. I tried switching to twist format THEN creating the deck, making a deck then Converting to Twist… none of it seems to work?

It says “no results found” where the cards should be. I dare say that’s incorrect because I played this game heavily during its first few years, even buying expansions with real money (a regrettable, shameful display). So I have like a poo poo ton of old cards. They show up when I make a wild deck…. Idk.

Am I dumb? Can anyone help? Is it pointless because I won’t like Twist anyway? I guess I can continue playing Even Renounce Warlock and old rear end Dueladin in Wild but kinda wanted to branch out. Thanks in advance.

Fake edit: This is on IOS

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

fanny packrat posted:

The Druid minion that refreshes mana is key for Tony Miracle Druid. A few lists floating around, here's one I want to play:

### Tony
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Funnel Cake
# 2x (1) Planted Evidence
# 2x (1) Rake
# 2x (2) Contaminated Lasher
# 2x (2) Lifebinder's Gift
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 1x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAZSaBgbB3wSm7wTN0AX93wXYgQaplQYMrp8E2p8EoKAErsAE1t4E7qMFoukF8foF/Y0Gu5kGqZ4Gq54GAAA=
#

good news, i had all the cards for this and this deck sucks

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Born in Bexhill posted:

Hello fellow goons,

So I reinstalled this garbage because I heard about an interesting new mode called Twist (kind of like Wild but less oppressive I’m hoping)! BUT, I can’t figure out how to actually create the deck. Like…I’m not stupid (debatable)…. I tried switching to twist format THEN creating the deck, making a deck then Converting to Twist… none of it seems to work?

It says “no results found” where the cards should be. I dare say that’s incorrect because I played this game heavily during its first few years, even buying expansions with real money (a regrettable, shameful display). So I have like a poo poo ton of old cards. They show up when I make a wild deck…. Idk.

Am I dumb? Can anyone help? Is it pointless because I won’t like Twist anyway? I guess I can continue playing Even Renounce Warlock and old rear end Dueladin in Wild but kinda wanted to branch out. Thanks in advance.

There are like 3 viable decks so unless you like nzoth warrior, jade rogue, or discard warlock I’d give it a miss.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I know there’s always been a few, but I’m not sure the increased proliferation of ‘hard’ removals (and the ability to repeat them) is healthy.

Patchwerk when hitting hand & deck, the Priest Titan, C’Thun - Anything that just straight deletes without option to do anything about it is kinda bad. At least Objection! you can play around, and arguably it’s your own fault if you don’t have an option to do so versus.

And obviously this is multiplied when you can get multiple instances.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

flatluigi posted:

Definitely not the optimal list. I miss Jailer-Tony and saw it on the VS discord.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Sinistral posted:

There are like 3 viable decks so unless you like nzoth warrior, jade rogue, or discard warlock I’d give it a miss.

Thx for the info.

Blessing in disguise I suppose.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Born in Bexhill posted:

Hello fellow goons,

Looking at other people having similar problems in the past, you might try crafting a wild-only card, getting to bronze 10 in standard and maybe checking you aren’t gated by not having completed any tutorials in your quest log as those are linked to ‘unlocking’ twist and wild for new accounts and if you’ve been inactive for a long time maybe it’s treating your account as new

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

flatluigi posted:

I mean if you're playing a Yogg Druid deck and not running the 4 mana deal 3 damage to all enemies card then what're we even doing here

if you want a new Druid deck that actually can win games check this guy out

### Yogg
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Forbidden Fruit
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Planted Evidence
# 2x (1) Rake
# 2x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling
# 1x (3) Photographer Fizzle
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Prison Breaker
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 1x (7) Topior the Shrubbagazzor
# 2x (8) Crypt Keeper
#
AAECAYC1BgaW1ATW3gTv3gSs0QXYgQaplQYMiZ8Erp8E2p8ErsAEtpgF7qMF2/oF8foFvpkGwpoGqZ4Gq54GAAA=
#

The win condition is usually Ignis. If you're against something like Rainbow Mage or Arcane Hunter you can just give yourself a trillion armor with Forbidden Fruit and Solar Eclipse + Frost Seedling. If you're against a slower deck always make sure you copy your Ignis with Zola or Fizzle before you play him, both so that you can have another chance at the windfury weapon and also to bait out the rustrot viper they might be playing. If the deck is something like Drum Druid then you just copy your Yogg a couple times for the board clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

Looking at other people having similar problems in the past, you might try crafting a wild-only card, getting to bronze 10 in standard and maybe checking you aren’t gated by not having completed any tutorials in your quest log as those are linked to ‘unlocking’ twist and wild for new accounts and if you’ve been inactive for a long time maybe it’s treating your account as new

I booted up a cpl hours later and it seems to be allowing me to make a twist deck now. Yay. Idk what was happening. Turns out the expansion list in twist is just the first like 8 expansions. Great, so exactly the same poo poo I played years ago, bravo. Was hoping the available card pool would be more interesting (I see they did buff some older cards at least).

Also it’s great that I don’t have to play standard to rank 10. I’m trash at this game because I refuse to play anything besides my incredibly janky homebrew wild poo poo piles due to being a stubborn rear end in a top hat. That and I don’t like to think many turns ahead because it makes my head hurt, and my opponents have deck trackers and know their win rates and poo poo…I’m just trying to have a good time here, ya know what I mean.