Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well this doesn't sound remotely promising

Edit:
Haha the "pre-recorded developer gameplay stream" on the store page is just a still shot of Almir

explosivo fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Gonna reuse my bad joke: maybe we’ll get to Play-day 3!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I don't think I've seen a worse launch for a game, at least in recent memory.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Kaddish posted:

Yeah this feels like MMOs 10-15 years ago, lol.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Jeez like 5pm almost est on Friday. Someone's getting fired over this launch for sure

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Kaddish posted:

Twisted Metal ps3 was real bad, think it wasn’t playable for 2 weeks.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah but all the platforms?

with the new login fuckyness ehhhh thats lovely backend setup.

e: also when i actually could play it was a pretty solid experience.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbeC2w-uIEU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i wanted to commit slightly new crimes :smith:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

i wanted to commit slightly new crimes :smith:

Maybe the nice new lady will tell us how to make meth like the good old days :unsmith:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I only played the first three jobs, are any of the latter ones multi stage? I really enjoyed those in 2.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
honestly I just liked the ones where yeah you can roll hard mini gun and grenade launcher, or once you got good, it was 30 minutes longer but gone without a trace.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RandolphCarter posted:

I only played the first three jobs, are any of the latter ones multi stage? I really enjoyed those in 2.

Nope, no multi day heists.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

RandolphCarter posted:

No, and same.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That is a bummer.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Matchmaking (on gamepass anyway) is currently working and pretty quick (less than a minute) but we'll see if that lasts!

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Id settle for playing any heists atm. I did enjoy the one game i got into last night. Though the connection to the servers was a bit laggy, i kinda assume that was my poo poo connection.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I was able to successfully queue for two heists in a row :toot:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I'm up let's go crimes

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Still getting a big fat nebula error over on the gamepass version

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

There's a heist to break into a nightclub to steal bitcoin and the voice debriefing tells you that you're stealing a "crypto wallet", I don't think the devs understand how fake currencies work.

Also matchmaking is broken again, lmao

Also what the gently caress, why is Ice T one of the people giving you missions

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

deep dish peat moss posted:

There's a heist to break into a nightclub to steal bitcoin and the voice debriefing tells you that you're stealing a "crypto wallet", I don't think the devs understand how fake currencies work.

Also matchmaking is broken again, lmao

Does anyone really.

dont answer that nobody should have cryptocurrency inflicted on them

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Piece of poo poo servers! :v:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

deep dish peat moss posted:

I must not either because I thought storying crypto on an offline hard drive was a thing

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

I must not either because I thought storying crypto on an offline hard drive was a thing

Technically they are a thing but I guess what makes it nonsensical is that crypto stuff is so insecure and easily stolen digitally that the idea of doing it physically is just silly

Like they're targeting this night club's nightly profits instead of just stealing hundreds of millions from exchanges for less work like IRL criminals are. Why make it crypto at all at this point

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 22, 2023

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i won't stand for this money plane slander

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
gently caress this broke-dick piece of poo poo drill game.

I'm bummed that I can't play, but I kind of expected something like this so I'm glad I'm just playing it through gamepass at the moment. Well, not really "playing" so much as "listening to the menu music."

From the tutorials and the music, it feels like they're taking more cues from PDTH than PD2, and that's cool. If only they did the "money is XP" thing like PDTH.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
The thing that annoys me most of all (and I point to Darktide too here) is that this was a solved problem. The matchmaking system in Payday 2 (and Vermintide 2) worked great, and the sequel hosed it up so badly for basically no discernable reason or gain.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The worst part of the matchmaking here is that you can't queue for multiple missions or multiple difficulties at the same time. There's no quickmatch or anything like that

Frakas
Mar 6, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
payday 2 released on August 13, 2013

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey at least i can login again and listen to the music while I assist in DDoSing the matchmaking

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is it possible to play with friends rn or is that part of the hosed up matchmaking?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

net cafe scandal posted:

Is it possible to play with friends rn or is that part of the hosed up matchmaking?

No, you couldn't even play solo right now if you wanted to, even in a private game full with friends/all bots it still has to "matchmake" before the lobby is actually created.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sadness.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

No, you couldn't even play solo right now if you wanted to, even in a private game full with friends/all bots it still has to "matchmake" before the lobby is actually created.

This i think. Is a bad design choice

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

explosivo posted:

yeah because the servers are all hosted by starbreeze instead of one of the players hosting the lobby like it was in payday 2. it has the advantage of not kicking everyone if the host leaves or crashes but the disadvantage of… well all of this

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

holy poo poo I just kinda assumed things would be fixed by today

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The game is actually working fine for me right now queueing on Hard but pubbies aren't good enough to beat missions on Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

watho posted:

yeah because the servers are all hosted by starbreeze instead of one of the players hosting the lobby like it was in payday 2. it has the advantage of not kicking everyone if the host leaves or crashes but the disadvantage of… well all of this

I'm hopeful that once this poo poo gets resolved we'll see more benefits than this, with actual servers leveling things out. Remember how difficulty would scale up and down depending on the host's CPU? Or how a shithead host could kick you at the end of the heist for no reason?

I do really miss the persistent lobbies, though. I played a lot with pubbies and obviously that was a lot of ups and downs but there were a decent number of magical moments where you'd find yourself matched up with some actual competent people and have a fun ephemeral session over a few hours.

I'm also really concerned with communication in the matches, since we're just left with typing and...kind of seems like people just aren't reading anything typed. Wondering if it's the console players just not used to reading chats?

I think the game itself is solid, though. I'm excited if they give it half the support they did for PD2 what they could do with the new systems. They've done some fairly large overhauls in the past and the bones of the game are good enough that I'm going to stay optimistic, if the game's terrible release day reception doesn't end up putting them under.