Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

abelwingnut posted:

:psyduck:

i can't imagine dropping fields in the first 8 or so weeks barring injury. you made the bed you believed in, and you have to lie in it and see what happens. the talent is there, the plan/team isn't. chill out and give them at least a month to come around.

remember, fields wasn't good until like week 6 last season. plus, he hasn't been that bad this season, at least fantasy-wise. you're not losing weeks because of him.

sure, pick up a backup if you like. but straight dropping him is just...impulsive and irrational.

oh hey, it's me with Kyler Murray last season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ok, so I'm a Fields/Richardson-haver. Fields sucks, and it looks like Richardson is trending out. I'm about to dump Fields and roll with the Rich train for the rest of the season when he's available, but I need a stop-gap for this week. Here's what's available in my FA pile currently:

Baker vs PHI
Garoppolo vs PIT
Carr @GB
Howell vs BUF
Stroud @JAX

And a bunch of other stuff not worth mentioning.

Looking at the matchups, I'm thinking about grabbing Stroud, even though he's listed as questionable as well. Fields is @KC, which I'm not crazy about.

I'm in the same boat except replace Fields with Burrow. I went with Howell because...uhh I'm not really sure why. All I know is I know have 3 QBs.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

kiimo posted:

oh hey, it's me with Kyler Murray last season

I mean, Fields is bad at actual football. It feels like eventually bad QBs who are good for fantasy eventually become bad in both arenas. See Fitz, Winston, etc.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I'm in the same boat except replace Fields with Burrow. I went with Howell because...uhh I'm not really sure why. All I know is I know have 3 QBs.

Howell is good. Not great. He's going to settle into a nice high-floor, very occasional upside sorta guy, I think.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ok, so I'm a Fields/Richardson-haver. Fields sucks, and it looks like Richardson is trending out. I'm about to dump Fields and roll with the Rich train for the rest of the season when he's available, but I need a stop-gap for this week. Here's what's available in my FA pile currently:

Baker vs PHI
Garoppolo vs PIT
Carr @GB
Howell vs BUF
Stroud @JAX

And a bunch of other stuff not worth mentioning.

Looking at the matchups, I'm thinking about grabbing Stroud, even though he's listed as questionable as well. Fields is @KC, which I'm not crazy about.

There have been a lot of knee-jerk overreactions this week to Fields, don't fall for it.

You at least have to wait for this week to see what happens. All the weird coaching drama could resolve in wildly different ways, and Fields is threatening to go back to his part-time job as RB.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

Howell is good. Not great. He's going to settle into a nice high-floor, very occasional upside sorta guy, I think.

It's very funny to me that Snyder finally sells the Commanders and they INSTANTLY look more fun and competent than they have since like RG3 (granted vs two poo poo teams, but still)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Despite losing Chubb I somehow have the highest projection I've ever seen :monocle:
Can't wait for all my team to underperform.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah thats my hope. I'd be happy with like 14 points from him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DeepDickPizza posted:

I kind of disagree. I think he's outperformed big time so far and expect some real stinkers going forward, at least occasionally

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I am extremely happy to have Howell as my second QB in my Super flex/2QB leagues.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Neither Staff nor Carr should be on waivers in a superflex league

What SF leagues are some people in where all 32 starting QBs aren't Hoovered up in the draft?

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Drunk Nerds posted:

What SF leagues are some people in where all 32 starting QBs aren't Hoovered up in the draft?
Could be 10 team? In our 12 team there were about five guys left on waivers after the draft. Now with Rodgers done and a couple of the rookies looking questionable this week, someone had to spend FAAB on Mac Jones and the last starter on waivers is Zach Wilson. I’d point and laugh but my QBs are Jalen Hurts and uh Desmond Ridder.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Drunk Nerds posted:

I am in a 10 team league where we have a limit of 3 QB per team. Since there are always going to be 2 QB left, it puts less pressure on people to carry QBs 25-30 or whatever outside of bye weeks. I would guess about half of the teams have 3 QB.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
People are just terrible at fantasy. I joined a best ball 2QB league this year, not even SF just straight starting 2 QBs. I'm the only team out of 10 that has 4 QB's on the roster, most teams have 2.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I'm in a 12-team best ball dynasty league with a superflex spot. When I picked up Joshua Dobbs off waivers this week, I was the only person to bid on him. There are seven or eight teams in this league who have exactly two QBs with starting jobs.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

VietCampo posted:

People are just terrible at fantasy.

I just found out that more than one person in my new league, both of which have been playing fantasy for years, thought that our FAAB was real money on top of our buy in so they weren’t making wire moves or were making $0 bids

This was after I publicly explained that FAAB was not real money in the league chat because yet another person thought the same thing. All of which was after I explained how it worked during the conception of the league and then everyone voted to use the FAAB for waivers :doh:

So yeah people do be terrible at fantasy

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So Najee has to be an improvement over McKinnon right? Too many heads in the KC RB hydra??

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Bellmaker posted:

So Najee has to be an improvement over McKinnon right? Too many heads in the KC RB hydra??

I'd... go Najee over McKinnon. If Najee will have a "get right" game, it'll be this one.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

T-Square posted:

I just found out that more than one person in my new league, both of which have been playing fantasy for years, thought that our FAAB was real money on top of our buy in so they weren’t making wire moves or were making $0 bids

This was after I publicly explained that FAAB was not real money in the league chat because yet another person thought the same thing. All of which was after I explained how it worked during the conception of the league and then everyone voted to use the FAAB for waivers :doh:

So yeah people do be terrible at fantasy

:lol:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’ll be honest when I first heard about FAAB I thought it was real money bids too heh

Then I spent like 5 minutes reading about it

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
There are probably some leagues that do that, but impose a limit. The benefit being you get to either advance your roster to recoup the money spent or by not spending, get added value to your entry fee.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

There are probably some leagues that do that, but impose a limit. The benefit being you get to either advance your roster to recoup the money spent or by not spending, get added value to your entry fee.

I want to say I've heard of where you can use real money to rebuy more FAAB dollars.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

So the Breece waiver was successful. Not gonna start him this week over Mixon or Kyren, but with injuries like they are, it does give me options if the Jets can unfuck themselves.

somedude
Mar 27, 2011
I assume this is the thread to post about trade offers. One guy in one of my leagues has made his fifth offer to get Kamara from me. His most recent offer is Javonte / Higbee for Kamara. Other than the distinct possibility this guy loves Kamara, I don't get it. We both have had subpar RB play from our starting RBs, so I get him trying to improve that but surely he has better trading partners. His fourth offer included no RB back to me so I told him outright I rejected it for that reason, so he proposed Javone for Kamara as his fifth offer (even though that is worse than a previous offer of Gabe Davis/Javonte for Kamara). Find you someone who like Kamara as much as this man.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Dango Bango posted:

I want to say I've heard of where you can use real money to rebuy more FAAB dollars.

Oof I don’t like that, that feels like pay to win almost

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

somedude posted:

I assume this is the thread to post about trade offers. One guy in one of my leagues has made his fifth offer to get Kamara from me. His most recent offer is Javonte / Higbee for Kamara. Other than the distinct possibility this guy loves Kamara, I don't get it. We both have had subpar RB play from our starting RBs, so I get him trying to improve that but surely he has better trading partners. His fourth offer included no RB back to me so I told him outright I rejected it for that reason, so he proposed Javone for Kamara as his fifth offer (even though that is worse than a previous offer of Gabe Davis/Javonte for Kamara). Find you someone who like Kamara as much as this man.

Similar situation except every trade involves the other guy sending me Puca for Kyren Williams in all its variations. He has Kupp in IR too.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dango Bango posted:

When cheating for charity happened, I think that was one of the features to help build the final pot.

I've done $1 per transaction waivers. It is fun it you're looking for big payouts

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I'm thinking of offering up Swift . Maybe bundle him with Danny Dimes (or someone) for better QB? 12 man , 0.5PPR. I have goff this week because I had to stream some one.

Current roster
QB Goff
WR DK Metcalf
WR C. Ridley
RB T. Pollard
RB R. mostert
FLX Kyren Williams
TE Goedert

BN Swift
BN R. White
BN danny dimes
BN M. Brown
BN Z. Flowers
BN Mims

IR - J wilson Jr

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Ophelia gonna wreck shop, have pivots at QB/WR, WHEELS UP on your RBs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/23/weather/east-coast-tropical-storm-threat-saturday/index.html

Should affect:

Commanders-Bills
Colts-Ravens
Patriots-Jets

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Dimes has negative value at this point so that's not much of a sweetener.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
I'm starting Josh Kelley v MIN over Derrick Henry @ CLE, AMA

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

why in the wide world of sports would you do that?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ophelia gonna wreck shop, have pivots at QB/WR, WHEELS UP on your RBs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/23/weather/east-coast-tropical-storm-threat-saturday/index.html

Should affect:

Commanders-Bills
Colts-Ravens
Patriots-Jets

Counterpoint: Josh Allen is the Bills’ best RB

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What did you hit your head on?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

I get matchups and all, but Josh Kelley sucks rear end OP

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Matt Zerella posted:

Dimes has negative value at this point so that's not much of a sweetener.

Hah, true, my thinking was that way there was at least a qb on both sides of the equation

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

You could probably drop him to waivers and nobody would pick him up right now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You’ve made a terrible mistake

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is Fields a buy low candidate? The fields owner in our league just lost Chubb and I’m thinking of offering Ford to him to try and help my Carr/QB2 situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Floofy posted:

Is Fields a buy low candidate? The fields owner in our league just lost Chubb and I’m thinking of offering Ford to him to try and help my Carr/QB2 situation

Someone dropped him in our league. I bid $5, another guy bid 8, the winner bidded $57. :shrug: