Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Willo567 posted:

Do the Nyxi joycons have any issues with it's hall effect joysticks, or are they perfect?

Seem perfect to me. I've yet to have any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I have a Hori Split pad pro, but I think I may look at that Nyxi. Anyone want to buy my split pad?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hrist posted:

The simple way to put it is IR beam is betting blocked. It's really tiny, so it's easy for the slightest movement of the joycon to block the sensor from receiving it. It's been a bit since it happened on mine, but you have to keep reconnecting it while in the main menu until it recognizes it again. But also the Switch doesn't like the idea of you using controllers attached, and insists you like using them both in your hands. Even with it using the other one attached and still working perfectly fine. So you have to try it a few times.

Why is there an IR beam?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

Why is there an IR beam?

Man, I don't know what it's called. What ever the tiny light they use to check "is there a joycon here?" is called. File a drat IT ticket at Nintendo to ask them or something.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There's no IR beam connecting your joycons to the switch, pull one out and look at the underside of the bottom of the rail on the controller and you can see the pin connectors. The disconnect occurs when that connection is broken, usually as a result of too much force on the top of the joycon from a tight grip/forward hold on the system. I am noticing it happens way more on my OLED switch than it ever did on my original one but I am also trying to be more aware of my grip.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/tactics-ogre-reborn-switch

It now is 30 dollars if you don't mind a download.

The offer stops on 09/26.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kawabata posted:

is metroid prime 4 coming on switch 2 and is it going to look better than starfield

It's either going to be slightly worse than a series s or on part with a PS5. The leakers just can't seem to reach an agreement on what the switch 2 is lol

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Len posted:

It's either going to be slightly worse than a series s or on part with a PS5. The leakers just can't seem to reach an agreement on what the switch 2 is lol

The Xbox Series S uses like 75 watts and the Switch like 15 max. There is no way the Switch 2 will be as fast as a Series S. It might be more efficient than a Series S, but not 5x more

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

pyrotek posted:

The Xbox Series S uses like 75 watts and the Switch like 15 max. There is no way the Switch 2 will be as fast as a Series S. It might be more efficient than a Series S, but not 5x more

The joke is clickbait works on me

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
The Switch 2 has to be at least that good to be backward compatible with PS5 and Xbox Series S games, tis merely science

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I'm not sure what the ...wattage... that the ...current switch... uses has to do with a hypothetical next gen nintendo console tho.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

all it needs to beat my low expectations is serviceable online and im sweating

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I'm not sure what the ...wattage... that the ...current switch... uses has to do with a hypothetical next gen nintendo console tho.

It needs the right number of gigaflops of blast processing and that poo poo don't come free

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

POCKET CHOMP posted:

If they go up very much from what they currently use, the system will run hotter and louder and either have less battery life or have to be bigger to accommodate a bigger battery. The current Switch has a pretty good balance between all of that and I don't think they'll want to change it too much. They already had to go through the whole process of making these decisions with the original Switch design. The CPU and GPU are always underclocked on the Switch. If they cared less about battery life and noise they would have run them at the speeds they were capable of.

Similarly, I bet they keep a 720p screen. Higher resolutions take more power to run, and 720p looks good enough at the current screen size.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I would not be surprised if they kept the 720 mobile/1080 tv specs. It’s a 6 inch screen! And 1080 is good enough for tv in most cases. But I would also be sorely disappointed if it ever downscaled to lower resolutions.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I do not give a poo poo about how much stronger the switch 2 is as long as it can actually run games and ports without frame dips and stuttering. That's it!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Playing 13 Sentinels and the characters start to move on their own and I have to adjust aiming in the RTS parts.

Is this what stick drift feels like? Other games don’t seem to be affected.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Upsidads posted:

all it needs to beat my low expectations is serviceable online and im sweating
This is Nintendo we're talking about, the Switch 2 could be the literal most powerful computing device ever created and it would still have lovely Internet.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Meowywitch posted:

I do not give a poo poo about how much stronger the switch 2 is as long as it can actually run games and ports without frame dips and stuttering. That's it!

:yeah:

The Postman
May 12, 2007

im going to play beetle mania in november

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Postman posted:

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
Since games like Resident Evil 4, Death Stranding, and Assassin’s Creed Mirage are coming to iPhone 15 what are the chances Nintendo will use similar technology for the Switch 2.

I guess that tech still doesn’t solve the battery life issue though.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
switch 2 will cost 1000 dollars and I will step over anyone in my way to getting one

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

switch 2 will cost 1000 dollars and I will step over anyone in my way to getting one

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

If they have half the launch year lineup the switch had I'm gonna be happy

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Switch 2 will have a slot for Switch 1 games

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What are good Joycon alternatives to the Nintendo ones?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Upsidads posted:

If they have half the launch year lineup the switch had I'm gonna be happy

i dont' know how its possible to have one and a half games but sure let's goooo

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I just want the switch 2 to load animal crossing transitions faster than it takes me to rol my eyes back and start swearing/ losing my desire to play it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Switch 2 will have a slot for Switch 1 games

yeah.. it’s called the trash can!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah.. it’s called the trash can!!!

that’s not true. why would you say that

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

I don't care how much stronger the Switch 2 is, many games and especially ports will have frame dips and stuttering.

All I want is new Nintendo games and things to look a bit better. More and faster storage would be nice, and I wish they would keep the OLED screen, but as long as they keep putting out great games I'll get it regardless.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The real question is: will the Super Switch have enough power to make browsing the eShop a good experience?

The answer is no.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

More like pee shop lmao

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

OhFunny posted:

The real question is: will the Super Switch have enough power to make browsing the eShop a good experience?

The answer is no.
If the infinite scroll does not slow the system down enough, Nintendo will do whatever it takes to make it so. Perhaps auto-loading videos as you try to go past.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Postman posted:

Wake me when they release Beedle Mania.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Meowywitch posted:

More like pee shop lmao

Got 'em!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Meowywitch posted:

:same: Also if it's backwards compatible. These are the things I care about.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Wake me when they release Beedle Mania.

Beedle Adventure Racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

:same: Also if it's backwards compatible. These are the things I care about.

It would be great if the more popular games got free upgrades like with some XSX and PS5 games. It would be nice to see Pokemon S&V run well at all.

Don't tell Nintendo, but I'd even be willing to pay a small upgrade fee if the upgrade is good enough