Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Well this loving sucks. Sounds like a stroke if I had to guess. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Cosmik Slop posted:

Well this loving sucks. Sounds like a stroke if I had to guess. gently caress.

Will mentioned being back next thursday or the following monday. I doubt he would say that if the prognosis was bleak, so thats encouraging.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Will mentioned being back next thursday or the following monday. I doubt he would say that if the prognosis was bleak, so thats encouraging.

He said that new episodes, sans Matt as he recovers, will come back next week.

I really hope it wasn’t a stroke. It would be tragic to lose such an intellect like Matt’s. He’s always so insightful on the show and on his solo streams.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Get well soon matt.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
all can do is hope for the best.

i hate being parasocial or whatever but this poo poo is hard.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Jesus, poor Matt and Amber.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Don’t post here normally, but goddamn I want to put my well wishes for Matt somewhere. Easily the most approachable and real Chapo at every live show I’ve been to. Thanks for teaching us all that the sewn up pockets are actually real if we have the courage to break them.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Sadly, I've taken a look at Matt's medical power of attorney documentation and he's refusing any medical technology they didn't have during the Civil War.

(I really hope he gets better, and soon. His voice and perspective is an incredibly important part of the podcast and I appreciate his insight.)

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Matt rules. What has been said sounds like he or family would not like folks speculating about what happened. I’m very sad to hear about this. Let’s try to not be doctors for something we have no loving idea about and not be freaks trying to find out. I wish Matt swift recovery as a king.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Scholtz posted:

Sadly, I've taken a look at Matt's medical power of attorney documentation and he's refusing any medical technology they didn't have during the Civil War.

my man has specified leather strap jiggle machine and i support his medical choices

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

I'm so glad to hear that Matt is stable and Amber is getting a ton of help. What a scary situation.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Moatillata posted:

Don’t post here normally, but goddamn I want to put my well wishes for Matt somewhere. Easily the most approachable and real Chapo at every live show I’ve been to. Thanks for teaching us all that the sewn up pockets are actually real if we have the courage to break them.

Yup, him and Chris are real ones- I hope he gets well soon.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Get well Matt :(

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Scholtz posted:

Never fear, a good belt o'whiskey and some leeches and he'll be singing "Camptown Races" in no time.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Oh, man. Matt :(

The sadness in Will's voice was really tough to hear. I really hope he recovers ok.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

A reminder to cherish your loved ones every day. Wishing Matt and his family all the best during this time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

drat, if Amber F. is back poo poo must be heavy. :(

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the audio update thing made it sound real bad, moreso than the statement on patreon.

good luck to matt and everyone involved.

also dark lol at how "don't be weird little freaks, we're deliberately being private about this" instantly turned into "ah so clearly a stroke" internet lore.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Very very sad about Matt, one of my favorite human beings out there.

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
This really has me shook. I was excited to see how Matt would react to parenthood, and it just seems unbelievably cruel that anything like this would happen before he even gets to meet his daughter. You really have to cherish every moment with your kids and family, because nothing is guaranteed.

I hope for all the hosts that their irreverent, dirtbag leanings didn’t stop them from being decked out with as much insurance coverage as possible for health, life, and disability. That poo poo is really important. If negligence or malpractice is suspected, I also hope they’re not above pursuing it. America is a bad country where you have to fund your own personal safety net, so I hope he has the best one possible.

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

quote:

We ask that you do your best to respect Matt & Amber’s privacy right now. And please, please don’t be weird little freaks about any of this. This is an incredibly weird situation for all of us, don’t make it weirder.

In contravention to this, I'm going to explicitly try and work out what happened to Matt based on posts,

For real though, hope he's better soon and can spend some time with the family. Really enjoyed his history episodes and Hell on Earth a lot, hoping for more like that in the future.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

drat, the phrase "out of commission for the indefinite future" is really scary.

big love to the Cush man, I hope he makes a full recovery, takes time to enjoy being an awesome dad, and one day in the future gets back to yakking it up on the old yak box

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
even rod dreher is wishing Matt the best lol

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Seams posted:

even rod dreher is wishing Matt the best lol

And he did it in the most assholish way possible, making it about himself and openly playing internet doctor which they explicitly requested people not to do, vintage rod

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
He doesn't have their hate but he deserves it, he really is a nasty little freak

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

jeez. i dropped chapo a while ago, but have kept up with matt's stuff closely. he's special.

hope it's not as serious as it sounds.

the timing sounds really awful, too. transmitting good wishes to him, his partner, and the imminent kid.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

The freaks are out on Twitter goddamn

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm feeling a lot of real feelings over this. I'm not really qualified to lionize him over a lot of his excellent rants, because I'm kind of a dum dum, but there's a moment of his that is so crystaline in my brain that I need to bring up. Matt's cop summoning response to Megan McCardle's insanely pathetic blathering over the Grenfell Tower fire is how any good person should react when encountering evil shitheads trying to debate the merits of protecting vulnerable people.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
Man this loving sucks. I hope Matt has a full and speedy recovery.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Very funny to see the dumbest people alive post decade old jokes tweets like " `My haters are my motivators' - Adolph Hitler" in the QT like it's some kind of damning indictment of him.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

School bonds wolf having a field day with this

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

gently caress this sucks, if any of you Chapo dudes still lurk here (maybe? Given the quantity of SA shoutouts and references) then know some internet folks are rooting for you and support you.

Sending love and a speedy recovery.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I hope he fully recovers.

The first time I read the announcement I thought they were making a joke about the kid being the medical emergency and it was a goofy way to announce his paternity leave, but my heart sank when I re-read it.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

the mean lunch lady posted:

I hope he fully recovers.

The first time I read the announcement I thought they were making a joke about the kid being the medical emergency and it was a goofy way to announce his paternity leave, but my heart sank when I re-read it.

yeah same. i thought it was a joke at first.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm feeling a lot of real feelings over this. I'm not really qualified to lionize him over a lot of his excellent rants, because I'm kind of a dum dum, but there's a moment of his that is so crystaline in my brain that I need to bring up. Matt's cop summoning response to Megan McCardle's insanely pathetic blathering over the Grenfell Tower fire is how any good person should react when encountering evil shitheads trying to debate the merits of protecting vulnerable people.

the first clip of the "best of matt"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJsCrBYP3fA

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

I hope the Christ Man feels better soon.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1dQUl6Hbfc

god bless him and give him health.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Being labelled as the enemy of these bond dog/nafo freaks is a sign that you're doing something right at least.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Sad to hear about Matt and wishing him a speedy recovery. I also agree with Will that I hope no one gets weird and suggests he farted so powerfully it ruptured numerous organs.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
He'll be back more powerful (and angry) than ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Being labelled as the enemy of these bond dog/nafo freaks is a sign that you're doing something right at least.

I've already been called a Nazi