Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Matt Eberflus Blames Justin Fields’ Struggles On Incompetent Coaching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

while the bears lost equipment, the thieves left iPads and laptops that contained their offensive gamplanning.

I mean if you're gonna rob someone, you only take something of value

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Sataere posted:

I mean if you're gonna rob someone, you only take something of value

:thejoke:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Did you think I didn't get the joke? I was just complimenting the imaginary criminals

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

while the bears lost equipment, the thieves left iPads and laptops that contained their offensive gamplanning.

:thurman:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/colton_pouncy/status/1705311748180377855

I'm going to go lie down now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Party Boat posted:

Special Agent Peanut

that's what I call my parents' chihuahua

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Drunk Nerds posted:

I just looked it up: One playoff won since 1957

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/playoffs.htm

I hope they win one this year. Every fan base deserves joy.

Yes thats the stat, but the "fun" stat is that JFK has only missed one Lions playoff win.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Drunk Nerds posted:

I just looked it up: One playoff won since 1957

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/playoffs.htm

I hope they win one this year. Every fan base deserves joy.

Put John Bois on it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This is how the Transformers 7 script I'm gonna pitch to Paramount is gonna start.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Was that equipment actually the Bears’s stuff? If it’s at Soldier Field it might belong to the park district who owns the stadium.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/richcimini/status/1705288365161971717?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Really not sure it’s fair that GB gets ownership when literally everyone beats the Bears these days

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Apples McGrind posted:

Really not sure it’s fair that GB gets ownership when literally everyone beats the Bears these days

To be fair the Bucs did need a pic 6 on the last drive to actually end the game

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Was that equipment actually the Bears’s stuff? If it’s at Soldier Field it might belong to the park district who owns the stadium.

Per ESPN, it was a contractor's equipment.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:nice:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

I guess its better to be owned by one than thousands of drunks (its not derogatory, they a proud bunch) with a $300 piece of paper on their wall.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

ZombieCrew posted:

I guess its better to be owned by one than thousands of drunks (its not derogatory, they a proud bunch) with a $300 piece of paper on their wall.

It’s non-voting stock and literally doesn’t matter. The Packers have no owner. :smugbert:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So the Bears cut Peterman as they wanted to take Awosika off the lions practice squad, but the lions got wind of it and moved him to the 53, so the Bears took back Peterman.

not a big deal but lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Danny LaFever posted:

So the Bears cut Peterman as they wanted to take Awosika off the lions practice squad, but the lions got wind of it and moved him to the 53, so the Bears took back Peterman.

not a big deal but lol

more like Awo-SIKE

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

R.D. Mangles posted:

more like Awo-SIKE

:imunfunny:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s non-voting stock and literally doesn’t matter. The Packers have no owner. :smugbert:

Except the 49ers

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Robbie Gould

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
If literally nothing comes of the DC resigning the way it’s been handled on top of everything else over the last week has gotta be a big nail in Poles/Eberflus coffin right? If nothing else owners usually care when you’re embarrassing them.

e: not to say he’s getting fired during the season but at the end of the year they’ll be pointing back to week two if the Bears don’t figure poo poo out

ghosthorse fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 23, 2023

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ghosthorse posted:

If literally nothing comes of the DC resigning the way it’s been handled on top of everything else over the last week has gotta be a big nail in Poles/Eberflus coffin right? If nothing else owners usually care when you’re embarrassing them.

e: not to say he’s getting fired during the season but at the end of the year they’ll be pointing back to week two if the Bears don’t figure poo poo out

The way it's been handled has generally been fine as far as like internally probably

It is very clear legal does not want the Bears saying poo poo.

I think Poles handled it fairly well regardless, when he spoke. Eberflus was a weirdo about it at the start.

This was far far more a problem with the Bears PR/Legal than GM or coach. As it sounds like only a handful of people up at Halas Hall know what's going on and they want to keep it that way.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea if this looks bad on anyone it would be the president, Kevin Warren. He’s at the top, at a certain point if you don’t like the way the GM or coaches are acting, you need to step in. He’s been silent on it, so he must be fine with how things are going.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

If someone did make up that CP thing whole cloth they’re psychotic

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sponges posted:

If someone did make up that CP thing whole cloth they’re psychotic
Uh, welcome to the internet?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

ghosthorse posted:

Something is coming. Too many people are saying health is not the reason, but dont have the sources to report anything yet. I doubt it is criminal because that paper trail should be easy for reporters to follow, but it is definitely something.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

yeah, there is a pretty large overlap of things on the venn diagram that are bad enough to not be criminally illegal, but is bad enough where people don't want to report it without lock solid sourcing and the Bears organization would want to keep things mum.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good news is we get a press conference in 30 hours and they aren't going to want to talk about the football game that just happened

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Bip Roberts posted:

Good news is we get a press conference in 30 hours and they aren't going to want to talk about the football game that just happened

The Bears are praying that is all anyone wants to talk about

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Sataere posted:

the monkey’s paw curls
“What’s it like losing by a record breaking number of touchdowns?”

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Sataere posted:

*monkey paw curls*

So what's your plan now that Justin Fields is out for the season with a torn ACL?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
edit nevermind

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 24, 2023

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
It's been 3 days, WHAT DID HE DO?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Wifi Toilet posted:

Stole the groundskeeper equipment and joyrided it down Lake Shore Drive.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wifi Toilet posted:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Watson and Jones are out again, so this is gonna be really rough

Please by nice to love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Piiiiissssss

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1705968469517214004