Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why’re people worried about bending their phones? Must be those sickos that keep their phone in their back pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

hatty posted:

Why’re people worried about bending their phones? Must be those sickos that keep their phone in their back pocket

I almost always keep it in my back pocket. The pro max just fits a lot better.

I don’t sit on my phone though

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Josh Lyman posted:

I always assumed it was old people who wanted to use speakerphone for some reason

I see more young people doing this, especially on the bus

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

bolind posted:

How do I move AirTags from old iPhone to new iPhone?

They move with your Apple ID, nothing needs done

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

withak posted:

Old people love walkie-talkie mode where you put the phone on speaker then alternate between holding the bottom of the phone in front of your mouth if you want to talk and in front of your ear if you want to listen (screen pointing up at the sky at all times).

oh man now I'm having flashbacks in the late 90s of one of the more popular cell phone carrier had a walkie-talkie mode. The mode had a particular chirp that I would hear constantly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

oh man now I'm having flashbacks in the late 90s of one of the more popular cell phone carrier had a walkie-talkie mode. The mode had a particular chirp that I would hear constantly.

Nextel

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Josh Lyman posted:

I always assumed it was old people who wanted to use speakerphone for some reason

I see old people doing this but more often than not they’re like 30s.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The watch has a walkie mode that’s like this which was hilarious when it came out and now we never use it anymore

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dogen posted:

The watch has a walkie mode that’s like this which was hilarious when it came out and now we never use it anymore

Jeez I completely forgot about this. The few times I've used the watch to take phone calls I always used my earpods.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEkwbhH3XMY

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

iOS has a built in fps and frame time counter now so that’s kinda nifty.

It’s only in development mode though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

I see a lot of people holding their phones horizontally in front of their mouth (screen facing up to the sky) on speaker these days. I prolly see more people using their phone like this than holding it up to their ear like a normal person tbh.

I see a lot of people wearing a mask in front of their mouth but not their nose so I figure there’s a lot of people out there just kinda barely functioning

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tiny Timbs posted:

I see a lot of people wearing a mask in front of their mouth but not their nose so I figure there’s a lot of people out there just kinda barely functioning

They're mouth-breathers. :rimshot:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ten minutes until my trade in; green, or pink?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s salmon

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
green is a nice minty color id choose that one

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Tiny Timbs posted:

do you live in 2021 where people still have to pretend to wear masks?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

do you live in 2021 where people still have to pretend to wear masks?
go away

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Would not recommend the clear case from apple. Way too slippery. Going to return it and find something that gives a little grip.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Would not recommend the clear case from apple. Way too slippery. Going to return it and find something that gives a little grip.

Try the silicon. It gives decent grip and isn’t super sticky like the past few iterations have been.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Apple’s clear case has always been slippery.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

has anyone had an issue with your watch not pairing after you gotten your iphone? i tried unpairing from my old phone and it keeps telling me either my iphone cannot pair, cannot find my apple watch, or my apple watch saying it cannot find my iphone. but they're both right next to each other.
edit: nvm apparently keep resetting until it accepts is the solution

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 23, 2023

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Skeezy posted:

Apple’s clear case has always been slippery.

Been an Android user since 2009, so I never had a reason to pay attention to the minutia of how particular apple cases feel.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah I got the silicone as a temp case and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t weirdly tacky as it has been previously

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They were sold out of pink so i stuck with the green

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BUUNNI posted:

Correct, you can see it in this video. You can also see how easy it is to shatter the new modular glass back on the new iPhone Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS0SItAzEXg

Huh. Mine doesn't have the big oval he calls the 5G antenna in there. Must be a US model thing, with that wideband 5g or whatever?

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Huh. Mine doesn't have the big oval he calls the 5G antenna in there. Must be a US model thing, with that wideband 5g or whatever?

Yeap, that's a cutout for the mmwave antenna. Which exists in a handful of places and is so poo poo that you can drastically reduce its performance by covering it with your hand and it absolutely should not be a thing imo when mid-band 5g is far more widespread, reliable, and plenty fast.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

hatty posted:

lol years ago I actually bent and killed one of those plastic-backed motorola androids doing this. I didn't even sit on it, I went for a bike ride :psyduck:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Ooh I like the little dynamic island animation for Face ID Apple Pay

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Dogen posted:

They move with your Apple ID, nothing needs done

Oh, there they are. First time I looked, it hadn’t updated. (Or I’m a moron, which is entirely subjective plausible.)

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

hatty posted:

This guy in my class drops his phone coming in the door with hands full of coffee and stuff. Picks it up like haha, it's not broken, if it was an iPhone it would be chipped/cracked something like to pat himself on the back for his smart shopping. Then proceeds to unfold said phone which has basically 3 screens, one facing out like a normal phone and the two folded up in the middle which is like very pricey but also derpy, imo. It's got some kind of plastic edge thing with maybe a lip around the external facing screen that pops off and he's taking it apart to check for damage and like, dang just don't drop it. There. That's the solution, but also did some salesman tell you iPhones are prone to fall damage because of weight or something because that brick right there has to weigh a lot.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is there a way to turn off smart albums in photos? I just deleted a bunch of albums titled things like “height=1026 pixels”. I don’t really need that.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
I had a pretty easy transition from 13 Pro to 15 Pro.

About a week ago I switched my physical SIM to an eSIM in preparation. The setup process on the 15 was a breeze with that.
Took about 20 minutes to copy my data over doing phone-to-phone.

It didn't seem to move everything over, but that's fine.
Music on the old was 37.33 GB and the new is at 16.13 GB.

The Apple watch 7 transfer went without any problems. My 11 to 13 transfer with the watch was an utter pain.
Though as soon as I verified the 7 was working, I unpaired it to set my new watch up.

I really like the 80% charge limit on the battery. On the 11 and 13 I tried to be mindful with charging and would charge it up to around 80-85% in the morning. After 2 years my battery health was 99% vs my wife's 92%. She'd put it on the charger at night and leave it there until the morning.

I went with a UAG Monarch case. I've been using UAG cases since my Note 5 and have been partial to them.

My wife got an Apple woven case and then I showed her the Nomad cases and she ordered one of those and we ended up returning the Apple case. In agreement with all the other comments that it doesn't feel like a premium case.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The new default alert tone, formerly "Tri-tone", is way too loving quiet and of course, naturally, Apple still won't let you change it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The new default alert tone, formerly "Tri-tone", is way too loving quiet and of course, naturally, Apple still won't let you change it.
poo poo, you can't change it anymore? :ohdear:

Mine is still this and has been for several years now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic posted:

poo poo, you can't change it anymore? :ohdear:

Mine is still this and has been for several years now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

You can change it for texts and stuff but if an app has alerts but does not have its own defined alert noise (for instance Facebook Messenger has a pa-ding! alert noise) then iPhone defaults to the default alert noise, which used to be Tri-tone. Now it uses one of the new ones and is barely audible.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Is it just me or do the 2nd gen AirPod pros have way more bass than the first gen?

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Is it just me or do the 2nd gen AirPod pros have way more bass than the first gen?

I noticed that too. The noise cancellation is also a lot better than the first gen.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Remember to enable sharing for your AirTags if you are in a family!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
iPhone 15 Pro Max Review

cons: colors, weight
pros: literally everything else