Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I think I asked this last month too, but (since I'm not reading this), how many more chapters of this are we expecting until they're done recapping the movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nanigans posted:

I think I asked this last month too, but (since I'm not reading this), how many more chapters of this are we expecting until they're done recapping the movie?

They're really close to the end at this point. Next chapter is Gamma's sacrifice so as far as the movie is concerned it is Sacrifice -> Piccolo -> Beast -> Done. So probably 2-3 chapters.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

yeah probably 3ish

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Cool. They've taken breaks before, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a whole new story ready to go immediately after this. I could honestly see them waiting until 2024 to start anything new.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
damnit dragon ball

https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_2147.html

quote:

Find out the latest info on what's coming to the world of Dragon Ball, complete with some very mysterious new footage!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wow! A demo for Dragonball Xenoverse 2!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It has to be Budokai Tenkaichi 4, right? It's the only thing that's been announced for the franchise and we haven't seen anything of it beyond the first teaser.

Admittedly it could also be Xenoverse 2 DLC. There's always more Xenoverse 2 DLC.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Comedy option: it's actually footage from Sandland

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-OhIgJAGOE

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Dear god I'd forgotten how weird the Ocean dub scripts were

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeaaah. Ocean Dub was unique.

Still made me laugh how funimation as one of their own like Freeza speaking in his own language and it's never brought up again.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Shindragon posted:

Yeaaah. Ocean Dub was unique.

Still made me laugh how funimation as one of their own like Freeza speaking in his own language and it's never brought up again.

Considering how weird the writing still was in the new post-Recoome episodes of Namek, I kind of wonder if those scripts had already been done back in the Ocean years. Either in anticipation of getting picked up for season 2, or just to finish out the Namek saga for what was expected to be the rest of the season. So Funi maybe just cleaned them up a little and used them when doing the initial dub of the new episodes?

Probably not, because why would you translate scripts that far in advance, but the writing was just so distinctively weird.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Some Numbers posted:

Comedy option: it's actually footage from Sandland

This honestly feels like it has a strong chance of being true. Gotta appeal to the DB fans to buy into it

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Kurui Reiten posted:

Considering how weird the writing still was in the new post-Recoome episodes of Namek, I kind of wonder if those scripts had already been done back in the Ocean years. Either in anticipation of getting picked up for season 2, or just to finish out the Namek saga for what was expected to be the rest of the season. So Funi maybe just cleaned them up a little and used them when doing the initial dub of the new episodes?

Probably not, because why would you translate scripts that far in advance, but the writing was just so distinctively weird.

Nah they started saying Gosh wayyyy way more after Funi took over.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Dragon Ball Kai Recut for the Buu Saga is out a few days ago, looks so cool. By that guy who did Dragon Ball Recut, it seems really well done, years of work. He lined it up with the Dragon Box DVDs fans like so it's in 4:3 not all cropped and kooky like Buu Kai was before too. Definitely my fav fan edit creator, kudos to them for this.

I haven't watched this one yet, but I switched to Recut in the original Dragon Ball during the Red Ribbon arc. That was where it dropped to about 1 chapter per episode in pacing with lots of filler-y asides. So his editing was so cool there, and seamless, so I'm happy to see him giving a go to the Buu saga. When I get to Kai I'll probably watch the standard one for a while and maybe switch to Recut for Frieza, but definitely for Buu.

The standard Buu Kai (69 ep international version) averages about 1.4 chapters an episode, original DBZ is about 1 chapter per episode there. I'm not sure of the math but this Recut edit sounds to speed things up and stick with manga as much as it can with some good choices. Something about it is creatively interesting and cool, I appreciate it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kurui Reiten posted:

Nah it’s just that it was a really early funi dub

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
rumors abound about the series future: proposed web 2024 anime, dragon ball magic.

i guess we'll find out how full of poo poo this rumor is in a few weeks!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Webbeh posted:

rumors abound about the series future: proposed web 2024 anime, dragon ball magic.

i guess we'll find out how full of poo poo this rumor is in a few weeks!

Remember GT, it's back, in pog form.

Hopefully very full of poo poo.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Good lord I hate all of that.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
and that demon's name is Everyone Clapped

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That sounds terrible and I seriously hope it’s as fake as it seems

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ah yes that's what the fans want. More children.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Some kind of Grand Tour of the universe...

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Why Shin, who the hell was asking for more of him.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
They've been stealth mining GT for ideas for a long time now (the Pilaf gang, Android 17's reintroduction, another Dragon Ball quest), I'm not sure what is actually left unless people really want an official Super Saiyan 4 or an Evil Shenron.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have a hard time buying they'd do Just GT Again TBH.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

Why Shin, who the hell was asking for more of him.

Shin in the ToP was the perfect amount of Shin. Useless and confused but there's an actual reason for it, being in the presence of all the Angels and two of God who he may or may not have known existed, I've missed a lot of DBS episodes.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I read Shin's ignorance of the hierarchy of Universe 7 and the multiverse as a joke by the writers because he's not aware of characters that weren't introduced to the show until twenty years later. Yet Frieza knows about Buu while Beerus didn't.

It's a dumb joke.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Shin being a clueless dumbass who doesn't know anything is very easily explained by everyone who was supposed to teach him anything being dead. He's the divine equivalent of a kid who was touring a power plant on Take Your Kid To Work Day when all the adults spontaneously vanished and he somehow has to keep the plant running.

Old Kai came back and could probably teach him what he needs to know, but come on, it's Old Kai.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 23, 2023

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Like I said next series needs an arc where Shin gets fired for his incompetence, spends a couple episodes being depressed and crashing on the couches of different characters, and then has a training arc where he learns how to be a competent Supreme Kai and get his job back

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

the way the divine hierarchy works in dragon ball is that the further up the chain of command you go, the less people are taking their jobs seriously. shin appears to be bucking this trend at first due to taking a hands-on approach to buu, but it becomes clear that he had not prepared even a little bit and would have been doomed if not for mister satan (or possibly future trunks) bailing him out

i don't buy the excuse that nobody was around to teach him about buu, either. even if he refused to ask anyone below him (galactic patrol would have known & been easy to find), he didn't check in with anyone above him either. he came into this situation head-empty and overconfident

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Shin gets fired and is then just a bum forever, no lesson

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skeleton Mom posted:

the way the divine hierarchy works in dragon ball is that the further up the chain of command you go, the less people are taking their jobs seriously. shin appears to be bucking this trend at first due to taking a hands-on approach to buu, but it becomes clear that he had not prepared even a little bit and would have been doomed if not for mister satan (or possibly future trunks) bailing him out

i don't buy the excuse that nobody was around to teach him about buu, either. even if he refused to ask anyone below him (galactic patrol would have known & been easy to find), he didn't check in with anyone above him either. he came into this situation head-empty and overconfident

Considering his bosses are wacky angels, a sleeping cat and literal children he might not have had a lot of great choices.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
if they really want to make money in 2023 kid goku and kid shin aren't going to cut it anymore

they gotta turn everybody into babies

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

it took bulma barely any time at all to get one of those angels to do her bidding. i know she's exceptional but shin could have at least tried

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Shin's main problem is that he sucks

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skeleton Mom posted:

it took bulma barely any time at all to get one of those angels to do her bidding. i know she's exceptional but shin could have at least tried

Bulma got Vegeta to do her bidding. I think 'exceptional' is putting it lightly.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Lunatic Sledge posted:

if they really want to make money in 2023 kid goku and kid shin aren't going to cut it anymore

they gotta turn everybody into babies

finally - dragon ball preschool edition

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Skeleton Mom posted:

King Dog is a figurehead, Bulma and Capsule Corp are the ones who really run the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I have a hard time buying they'd do Just GT Again TBH.

Is Goku turning into a kid again a thing that anyone was asking for?