Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

smarxist posted:

the hell house fight is the most boring, frustrating and stupid thing i've ever encountered at first pass

why the gently caress do you give me a giant sword if it bounces the gently caress off everything forever

why do you make enemies change their elements 10 times a minute and give me like 2 slots for element based materia after other things

holy gently caress i wanna just drive a truck into the sea

The ChipCheezum's lets play went through it perfectly, watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Chamale posted:

I read that Starfield still has "mobile cutscenes" where an NPC talks to you while walking, at a pace faster than your walking speed but slower than your running speed.

oh absolutely, its insane thats still a thing

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
heck house.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

smarxist posted:

the hell house fight is the most boring, frustrating and stupid thing i've ever encountered at first pass

why the gently caress do you give me a giant sword if it bounces the gently caress off everything forever

why do you make enemies change their elements 10 times a minute and give me like 2 slots for element based materia after other things

That whole game was easy have you tried not being lovely at video games?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
let them complain!! its the only way forward

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
cyberpunk with maxed out path tracing kicks rear end. makes my laptop cpu peak at 102c as god intended

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

big mean giraffe posted:

That whole game was easy have you tried not being lovely at video games?

it'll be easy mode now that i'll have all the elemental materia equipped that i had no idea i'd need going into the fight

i hate pass/fail poo poo where "you should have prepared this way" is the only way you could have won

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

smarxist posted:

it'll be easy mode now that i'll have all the elemental materia equipped that i had no idea i'd need going into the fight

i hate pass/fail poo poo where "you should have prepared this way" is the only way you could have won

hold onto your butt for future encounters

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

hold onto your butt for future encounters

just let me swap materia in combat and there'd be no issue!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

get thee to thine checkpoint, knave

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

smarxist posted:

everyone but aeris should have an elemental materia plus whatever weakness element is prominent at the moment in their weapons by the end

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine playing an RPG and not diversifying your attacks across your party SMH my head

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
pssh, diversifying for elemental weakness isn't even that great a return, i was building tall with strong combo materia + support

ain't my fault game design now is baby toy colored shape hole poo poo instead of more interesting play between broader mechanics with subtler impacts

:corsair: :colbert: :argh:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

cyberpunk with maxed out path tracing kicks rear end. makes my laptop cpu peak at 102c as god intended
i got rid of my space heater and replaced it with a 3080

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Xaris posted:

i got rid of my space heater and replaced it with a 3080

I dry strawberries with mine

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TomHarrison19/status/1705661464189575428?t=g52Akov9Kz26Dz6mszkRRA&s=19

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

smarxist posted:

seriously can't believe i bounced off FF7R the first try

i think it was mostly the combat system, i honestly don't have a ton of hours with modern RPG combat or poo poo like DMC, i played DS1/2/3 and Elden Ring and Bayo, but idk, i kept getting stunned or knocked back or whatever and getting really annoyed, i was kinda hoping they just replaced charging ATB bars with mash it up musou fighting, which I guess it can kinda be with trash and letting abilities fly

anyways, I just beat Reno in the church, the second time is always a walk after getting beat up the first time, and i just love all the spooky loving A3O fanfiction ghost implications, not sure what they're angling for yet, but it's definitely more interesting than a straight redo or a hard reboot

I just got to the wall market and a couple fights were frustrating from losing an ATB when a heal was interrupted but overall it's felt like a big improvement over 15. Kinda glad I waited so long to play it so I can use classic mode without lowering the difficulty

Edit: ugh, thought I was on the latest page

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tbf most of the industry still hasn't realized that

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Augus posted:

Was a frustration I had in bg3, that game has the combination of a rather constrictive inventory limit and the ability to pick up like half the objects in the world

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Real hurthling! posted:

did you figure out how to get the whole right click menu without having to click again on "show more options" ?

There is a simple registry key that makes the right click context menu default, but it is mystifying they don't make it part of the options.

The explorer patcher kind of work to make it "look" like win10 but you lose some hotkey functionality like windows+x opening the restart menu for example. Or maybe I just need to learn the new shortcuts for things.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Starfields marketing material was 90% look at all the poo poo you can vacuum up. This take is out of touch with what the people want

Gumball Gumption has issued a correction as of 21:15 on Sep 23, 2023

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the main little qol thing I appreciate from cyberpunk 2.0 is collapsing the skill experience system down to one bar for each attribute tree with a lot better tailored bonuses. also those skill chips that gave xp are a more common drop so even stuff I'm not working on like netrunner is slowly trickling up

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

paying attention to scenery and not vacuuming up every little piece of loot?! wtf

Mods!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Starfield fixes the loot list by making everything completely worthless and not worth picking up unless its weapons or contraband, much like in real life

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i bought some dope clothes after pawning off a bunch of guns i got off some thugs i killed cause NCPD is too lazy to do its job

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Popy posted:

i bought some dope clothes after pawning off a bunch of guns i got off some thugs i killed cause NCPD is too lazy to do its job

Ncpd is doing their job, they're collecting rent from the gangs in exchange for their fiefdoms

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cuttlefush posted:

if you're just using windows to game or whatever use massgrave.dev and grab an ltsc 2021 iso or whatever and unlock it. pretty sure windows 11 still has more aids in it than any potential improvements unless 11's thread scheduling changes are actually real and actually have a performance benefit... very suspect

idk what this means

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

does it install office on my computer

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
nope

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

reeks of doodads being somebody's baby internally and feelings were being spared

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i beat the loving house on the second try

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

there's still plenty of crap to vacuum up in that game so far

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
They removed like 90% of the crafting system. Which makes sense because it was completely broken, but I’m gonna miss the dumb poo poo you could do.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Managed to clear the tavern defense, got a stinking flail for all my troubles

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ben Nerevarine posted:

no one at Bethesda knows what normal human walking speed is

the running animation for the pc is comically bad

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

Managed to clear the tavern defense, got a stinking flail for all my troubles

gj it's the first big hurdle of the game. grease at the gates + web in the courtyard goes a long way towards trivializing it

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Augus posted:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
for lies of P players who've made it past the AB: Ive been running around forever trying to figure out how to unlock this ladder since it looks like there's lots of looty goodies around up there. Is it something I get to come back after the Malus District? (its after the cathedral but before you make the dark souls descent-into-the-well to Malus). it doesn't seem like the world loops back to here so I must be missing something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

gj it's the first big hurdle of the game. grease at the gates + web in the courtyard goes a long way towards trivializing it

grease in the streets, web in the sheets