Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monaco sighted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

very funny chap

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

Monaco sighted!

Nonsense, don't you know a bear when you see one?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
King probably got stronger with all that hiking he has to do.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Some really good comedic timing going on in this series of still images

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Star Platinum posted:

Some really good comedic timing going on in this series of still images

OPM is the only manga that can consistently get me to actually laugh out loud just by doing setup > punchline gags over and over, but really well. It's like one of the best panel layout guys in the industry teamed up with a top tier technical artist or something :confused:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KING

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Once again the psyop to get everyone in the gym passes unnoticed shaking my smh

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I'm beginning to think King actually is the strongest guy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh my loving god. I want that animated so badly. Just.. just loving everyone wimping out on King's request. oh man. I wanna give him a hug. Dude just wants to get strong. Lol of course Saitama is like just lift bro.

Alos good dog. I was cackling at everything. Great chapter.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Thoren posted:

I'm beginning to think King actually is the strongest guy.

It would be really funny if it turned out King actually was the strongest around, he just didn't know because he never got into a fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Someday they will fight the dangerous Perception King whose opponents have the strength level he views them at. The nobody Caped Baldy is weak as a flea while King is a terrifying engine of descruction.

(Saitama still wins in one punch and is extremely frustrated that being reduced to 1% of his actual power isn't enough for a good fight.)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Saitama telling King to just lift is really funny to me given his actual training routine

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Amazing chapter, so many good dogs in OPM.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What an amazing chapter and a good dog :3:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I've been thinking, King could pretty easily spin it as saying his powers were mysteriously sapped/deactivated during the battle with Garou, and now he's just a normal human. I'm not sure if he hasn't resorted to that because he hasn't considered it and thinks becoming legitimately strong is his only option left, or if his morals prevent him from doing so.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It's definitely the latter. King doesn't like the misunderstanding about his power and doesn't want to perpetuate it, if possible. He only plays along when he gets backed into the corner and has no other option.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Is it explicitly a morals thing with King? It feels more like he just wants to be left alone and to stop being put in dangerous situations, but as long as he's the strongest human, no one's ever going to leave him alone.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

After meeting saitama and going through several huge disasters he wants to live up to his own hype.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah I mean now that's the plan of course

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

King's having a Miles Morales crisis as all the expectations people are piling on him is starting to really stress him out even more than the monster focus on killing him for the rep boost killing the Strongest Man would do for them.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CharlestonJew posted:

Saitama telling King to just lift is really funny to me given his actual training routine

"just do calisthenics" doesn't have the same ring to it.

although Saitama was actually lifting in that panel so lol

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

CannonFodder posted:

"just do calisthenics" doesn't have the same ring to it.

although Saitama was actually lifting in that panel so lol

Do you genuinely think Saitama has ever used the word calisthenics in his life?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I doubt he speaks English.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

oh jay posted:

I doubt he speaks English.

Well I can't speak Japanese and I can sure understand what he says, so I think you're off the mark buddy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The idea behind King I think is that he got in way too deep and there's no time he can actually admit "oh um poo poo I'm not really a god" that isn't going to cause things to explode since we're shown the mere existence of King is a deterrent. If he stepped down/vanished/got outed then people would die and for all of King's flaws he is probably the most genuinely kind person in the cast.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ImpAtom posted:

and for all of King's flaws he is probably the most genuinely kind person in the cast.

Mumen Rider.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When was the last time we saw Mumen Rider?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Electric Phantasm posted:

When was the last time we saw Mumen Rider?

I think he showed up pretty recently, he just wasn't around very long.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
He was hanging out with the Tanktop Master, I believe.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Last I remember seeing him, Garou had thrown the helicopter with him, Tanktop Master and all the civilians+battlesuit PMCs out of the battle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tanktop Master and Mumen Rider becoming friends is the best :3:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

He knows about body weight exercises. 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats, and run a 10 k every day. I just used a fancy word for "body weight exercises"

edit: I hope Speed of Sound Sonic comes back into the story some time.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 24, 2023

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

"just do calisthenics"
”Is that some kind of medicine?” -Saitama

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
New Versus chapter is out https://mangadex.org/chapter/78f5e749-55d7-4034-b8d9-1b3aeacb3e78

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Versus continues to not be a Kishōtenketsu story. This is very much a ki-shō-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ketsu story.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Nice, I'm digging this a lot now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chapter 87; They take down one of those flying saucers and celebrate their initial victory and then a bunch of Xenomorphs explode out of the wreckage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

dont get dependant on alcohol kids