Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

alarumklok posted:

grease in the streets, web in the sheets

and long thick shafts from above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

haven't posted in a while, how is everyone's protracted people's war via playing games going? anyone overthrown an empire and built a worker's republic yet?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

alarumklok posted:

haven't posted in a while, how is everyone's protracted people's war via playing games going? anyone overthrown an empire and built a worker's republic yet?

I played a mystery game that was kind of the opposite of that what're you gamin lately guy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

alarumklok posted:

i helped a war criminal get freedom and got into the Kimbal Musk club. also really juiced some corporate profits in neon

so seems to be doing well

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

alarumklok posted:

I’m playing the pixel remaster of ff6 on my switch right now and just got to the second half so, no?

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I made a wuxia protagonist and boned a mind flayer. it's a pretty good game

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Xaris posted:

i helped a war criminal get freedom and got into the Kimbal Musk club. also really juiced some corporate profits in neon

so seems to be doing well

I want to play this game but nvidia still has broken drivers for linux that very specifically don't let you play starfield. everything else works fine

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've been meticulously perfecting my rice growing skills so that I can make a Goddess powerful enough to kill rabbits and bears

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
P is italian?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
si

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Third World Reagan posted:

It is me, the guy running windows 10 that looks like windows 7 or something using classic shell and taskbar 7+++

:hai:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

alarumklok posted:

I want to play this game but nvidia still has broken drivers for linux that very specifically don't let you play starfield. everything else works fine

have you heard of windows?

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
anybody here played Highfleet

its extremely legit

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

have you heard of windows?

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I game on a Linux computer, the only one who fucks up my PC is me :smuggo:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
u fly airships and have to navigate a cruiser flagship called the sevastopol to a city and dodge/fight enemy patrols
the audio/sfx/atmosphere is so good, combat has that naval feel all around and the ship design is super open u can make neat stuff

weird part is one of the factions are a fictional culture called the Romani and you can be really racist against them? Like i unironically got a "+1 Hate the Romani " point last night from a dialogue option. im not sure if that's an intentional thing or not

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

if you know how to run Linux properly that means your probably a computer toucher and should be quarantined to yospos

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FirstnameLastname posted:

its extremely legit

it's the best game I've played that I completely suck rear end at

never loved a game so much that simultaneously i hated so much trying to gitgud at

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

u fly airships and have to navigate a cruiser flagship called the sevastopol to a city and dodge/fight enemy patrols
the audio/sfx/atmosphere is so good, combat has that naval feel all around and the ship design is super open u can make neat stuff

weird part is one of the factions are a fictional culture called the Romani and you can be really racist against them? Like i unironically got a "+1 Hate the Romani " point last night from a dialogue option. im not sure if that's an intentional thing or not

Sounds like a European dev playing to his install base (other extremely racist Europeans)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

its extremely legit

it owns

konstantine ftw

also play hammerfight its free

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

if you know how to run Linux properly that means your probably a computer toucher and should be quarantined to yospos

I was gonna be an lmg guy in cyberpunk 2.0 but now I'm gonna be a computer toucher and give everyone aids from my posts (poison dots)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
fyi in highfleet lore Romani are/were the ruling empire. you play as the heir to the Romani empire. not sure if there's a purposeful modern roma/romani in there but there's not much parallel in the Romani/Elaim cultural split empire thing. learn the lore

not actually sure if russian ever uses romani or just roma? at any rate i wouldn't really read into the name too much there

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh wait they mean Romani like the Russian romanovs

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Grapplejack posted:

Oh wait they mean Romani like the Russian romanovs

yeah I think that's more in line. you're also playing as the house of sayedi of the romani empire. konstantin has a few other games in the same universe and they have similar kind of naming schemes. not sure if romani/sayedi are in the "prequal" games or not. i forget what they're called anyway

hammerfight takes place way after highfleet iirc

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
also most of the tarkhans have semi-random like/dislike of romani/elaim(/gerat). a few have it set or have a bias on it. the rebellion your fighting is also a mix of romani/gerat culture. it's basically the post-alexander diadochi civil wars

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

my collection of dildos is gone :cry:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I had to use a console command to fix a bug on a Starfield quest and it deleted all my saves lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

my bony fealty posted:

I had to use a console command to fix a bug on a Starfield quest and it deleted all my saves lol

thank you Godd Howard

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

its a sign from god

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

It was doing you a favor

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Xaris posted:

for lies of P players who've made it past the AB: Ive been running around forever trying to figure out how to unlock this ladder since it looks like there's lots of looty goodies around up there. Is it something I get to come back after the Malus District? (its after the cathedral but before you make the dark souls descent-into-the-well to Malus). it doesn't seem like the world loops back to here so I must be missing something

Much later in the game you'll find something that lets you get access to that.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol at them wanting cyberpunk level based

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

my bony fealty posted:

did it fix the bug

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SirSamVimes posted:

Much later in the game you'll find something that lets you get access to that.

ok thanks! i was bashing my head because it seems like a random area that you shouldn't be going back to

god drat the black rabbit fight is whipping my rear end. if i had one complaint about the game is it steals Elden Ring's fake-out and delayed attacks by bosses, unlike Bloodborne/DS games where there really isn't delayed animations and bosses telegraph pretty clearly what they're going to do

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

Windows 11 has a cool notepad upgrade that gives you tabs. Its great.

That concludes the positive things I have to say about Windows 11. I downgraded back to Win 10.

The most confusing thing about Windows (I think this applied to both 10 and 11) is the fact that the Search just flat-out doesn't work.

I can open a folder, look at files in said folder, and explicitly type their filenames into the Search bar for that folder in the top right, and (usually) get zero results. What is it even doing?! Ideally the search would also cover stuff like file metadata, but apparently it doesn't even reliably cover the literal filename!

It's truly baffling.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I do think that if you're going to have a lot of junk that you can hoover up, you need to have something to spend/use it on

which is why FO4 was such a leap forward in this regard - suddenly there was far more of a point to individual coffee cups and desk fans being explicitly rendered things that could end up in your inventory

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

did it fix the bug

yeah

the quest to redeem (?) the war criminal continues

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

oh this is great though it looks like it now deletes all my saves except the exit save when I quit the game and reopen

I'm so glad I didn't pay for this game

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

my bony fealty posted:

yeah

the quest to redeem (?) the war criminal continues

saves probably still exist somewhere btw. there's apparently some weird switch between modded saves and normal saves? not sure if its a storefront or controller specific thing but there's some dumbass save directory in the load menu in game. should be able to show all saves or something

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

my bony fealty posted:

look up the achievement enabler on nexusmods. The game thinks all your saves are modded now and won't load unmodded saves,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
saves are todded

yeah on the main menu -> load -> at the bottom, select character -> show all saves

lol a lot of people have probably actually had to restart after 50 hours because of that really good bit of ui/ux