Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Klefki is bullshit. Imo fairy type has been a mistake, they tried to fix dragon dominance and created an even more overpowered type. And then it's sub typed to bizarre mons. Why is Azurill fairy? Did all the Tapus need to be fairy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Corviknight is an excellent pokemon with a very appealing design but I will never forgive it for just being Skarmory But Better

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't mind most object pokemon like klefki but i have a very strong dislike for all pokemon that are modeled after food

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

erase every Pokemon that the internet wants to commit bestiality on

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

i don't mind most object pokemon like klefki but i have a very strong dislike for all pokemon that are modeled after food

I am the exact opposite, i have a weakness for dopey animals and the food boys are some of the dopiest

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Someone explain to me why poison is weak to ground

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

welp there goes every single pokemon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

good

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Jay Rust posted:

if you dump a a few kilos of dirt on a puddle of poison it stops being a puddle. maybe?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Hwurmp posted:

But that would deprive hard working artists of their livelihoods!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

me pitching new pokemon designs: imagine a little girl but with a big hammer.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

When there's a chemical spill you throw dirt on it and build a community.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I always thought I was missing out as a kid not having Dark Portal expansion for Warcraft 2 but all they really added was a tile set where the trees were one kind of mushroom instead. The new campaign is pretty meh, feels the same with less supply choke at start.

Visually I have to hand it to World of Warcraft here, it has the better looking Draenors.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

I think it's a reference to activated charcoal neutralising toxins from food poisoning?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And dark is weak to bug and fighting because Kamen Rider

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Fairy type is bullshit because it ruined my theory that dragons are only weak to really cool things

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kerrzhe posted:

welp there goes every single pokemon

Naw it's only mr mime now. Can't beastiality a Mr mime.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Dabir posted:

Fairy type is bullshit because it ruined my theory that dragons are only weak to really cool things

The Fae will remember that

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Not even sure where to post this but just seen on FB marketplace
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/647689397455634/?mibextid=dXMIcH

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If I saw an Ouya for ultra cheap I'd absolutely buy it to put on a shelf.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A museum of video game failures would be fun to curate. Imagine the Ouya in a little glass case and people walk up to it their brows furrowed in deep contemplation. The Anthem “Echoes of Reality” roadmap printed on an enormous 16x9’ canvas.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just randomly got recommended this game trailer and it looks rad, it has a really 80s/90s urban anime mecha style to it, like patlabor or ghost in the shell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78pTufgAJq8&hd=1

plus it looks like you can get out of your mech like in Metal Warriors, and run around doing stuff on foot. there's also a quick shot of you fighting a bunch of dinosaurs, so that's cool too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dabir posted:

the fae are none to be taken lightly, worm.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

exquisite tea posted:

A museum of video game failures would be fun to curate. Imagine the Ouya in a little glass case and people walk up to it their brows furrowed in deep contemplation. The Anthem “Echoes of Reality” roadmap printed on an enormous 16x9’ canvas.

I'm pretty sure it's in the Museum of Failure.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Captain Invictus posted:

They're weak to lovely old iron so who cares

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Ok so which pokemon is based on Morrigan? Because what I'm seeing in the games is dragons being weak to jangling keys in their face and giving them a big sloppy kiss

That's a funny mental image, for sure, but

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dabir posted:

dragons being weak to jangling keys in their face and giving them a big sloppy kiss

Kazuma Kiryu is also very easy to distract.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

I just randomly got recommended this game trailer and it looks rad, it has a really 80s/90s urban anime mecha style to it, like patlabor or ghost in the shell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78pTufgAJq8&hd=1

plus it looks like you can get out of your mech like in Metal Warriors, and run around doing stuff on foot. there's also a quick shot of you fighting a bunch of dinosaurs, so that's cool too

patlabor is what i instantly thought of between the head wing design and the short-haired tomboy protag. looks pretty neat, and it'll be nice to have a non-metroidvania platformer for a change of pace

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DalaranJ posted:

Kazuma Kiryu is also very easy to distract.

That's a trick though, it works right up until it doesn't and then he's an unstoppable one man wrecking crew who will destroy all your carefully laid out plans and there's nothing you can do to stop him.... unless.... perhaps if I was to threaten his adopted children and their beloved orphanage.......

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Just finished the last bit of sea of stars. Solid game; pays good tribute to its spiritual predecessors without feeling too derivative of them. Possibly the best movement and animation I've experienced in an isometric JRPG. Music ranges from MIDI-meh to incredible, mostly toward the latter. The world they built is worth its salt but the script really could have used a once-over; the main characters are empty lawful-good shells. Definitely not a challenging game unless you take advantage of late-game passive debuffs. I'm a small NG+ grind from plat but I don't think I'll bother.

Can't unseat Chrono Trigger as the GOAT but does a decent job of scratching the itch if you've already played that one.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dabir posted:

Ok so which pokemon is based on Morrigan? Because what I'm seeing in the games is dragons being weak to jangling keys in their face and giving them a big sloppy kiss

That's a funny mental image, for sure, but

Grimmsnarl?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

They're weak to lovely old iron so who cares

So are you.

Other things that your pathetic species is weak to:

Humidity
The Air of their own Planet
Drink Water
Fall down bump head
Sun
Seeds
Be In Water
Cold
Head fell off

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Khanstant posted:

So are you.

Other things that your pathetic species is weak to:

Humidity
The Air of their own Planet
Drink Water
Fall down bump head
Sun
Seeds
Be In Water
Cold
Head fell off

Look I'm just gonna come out and say it: I am also weak to "Head fell off".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Beat Inscryption

drat, that was a card game

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Beat Inscryption

drat, that was a card game

there were some parts near the end where i don't think it committed to the bit enough but it's still an all-timer. definitely anyone who hasn't played it should check it out if you want a nice halloween play

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Has whoever made Inscryption been working on anything else?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Has whoever made Inscryption been working on anything else?

idk about future projects but Daniel Mullins also made The Hex and Pony Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just did a quick look and not seeing a new game announced but they did just win a Ludum dare game jam.