Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

yeah regardless of what the kid did an adult assaulting her is way worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The kid was old enough that the finding out stage could be practical instead of merely theoretical.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Girlfriend expects to have veto power in our relationship

quote:

I (m36) have been with my partner (F32) for 5.5 years, let's call her Jane. We have gone through a lot: going long distance for year, lived together through COVID, and moved together for her overseas posting for 2 years. We shared many memories, interests and values, and overall seem to be compatible. She is very smart, driven and successful, I think she would make a good mother and I can see a future together.

In 2022, I lost sizeable money in a investments which included some of Jane's money. I have been contrite, apologised and taken as much responsibility as I think I can. It took time, but I feel that I have moved past the incident.

But it seems that Jane is not willing to let it go. When we have differences, she will often bring it up and use it as ammunition. I've communicated that I don't think it is fair to hold this over my head 1.5 years later.

Jane's position:

Jane was initially not in favor of the investment, and has indicated that both my decision to invest, and the fact that I lost the money has impacted her trust. Which is an issue as the next steps of our relationship will be a house/kids/marriage.

During a recent conversation regarding what we both need from the relationship to go forward, she insisted that if she says no, then I should essentially go along with her judgement. When I asked her why she thinks she is so much better, and she can tell me what to do, she replied "Results".

My position:

Other than the investment, there really haven't been judgement issues that she can point to, and I don't think I'm an idiot. I value my independence, and I don't see how I can say in honesty that I can give this level of control/dominance in the relationship to her even in principle.

In my view, I have a responsibility to listen to her when she raises concerns, and take them into consideration. If it directly impacts upon children or shared finances, then I think both sides should have the ability to assert veto power if they have significant concerns. However, what she has described does not seem to apply to her in the same way, and goes beyond children and shared finances.

It seems that we are fundamentally opposed on this one issue. On the one hand, her expectations seem quite entitled and unfair to me, but there are so many good things about the relationship and potentially or our future together. We don't even have any specific issues in which the veto power would apply.

My questions:

-Is it reasonable for ones partner to have these expectations, after one large gently caress up? -Am I being unnecessarily stubborn, not giving in on this point? -Am I just ignorant - is this a thing in anyone else's relationships? -Should this be a deal breaker?

Tl:dr girlfriend thinks that my previous decisions have been poor, and that when she says no I should listen to her. I think it is unfair to hold ones mistakes against them indefinitely. I am receptive to advice on how to resolve this issue or whether it is resolvable.

EDIT: Thankyou for the responses. Lots of things I hadn't fully considered, and I intend to do so. I'm off to bed now.

UPDATE: 24 Sep

There seems to be a lot of questions about the investment, and the nature of the agreement.

it will surprise no one that the "investment" was crypocurrency

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Mx. posted:

The second he mentioned "investments" I assumed it was monkey jpegs.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Here is a weird one, would appreciate some thoughts since I'm feeling paranoid atm :(

quote:

Hi everyone! This morning I was laying on my bf's lap and I could smell something that basically smells like cum. Sometimes that smell lingers after my bf orgasms with me, but I've been gone for two days.

I asked why it smelt like that down there, like maybe he had a wet dream or something idk. He lied and said he just hasn't showered. We last had sex Wednesday afternoon. I called Thursday evening and he was supposedly showering and was gonna call me after. Idk to me this looks bad.

He said sometimes it just smells that way because it's the same bacteria down there? I tried googling about that but I didn't find anything. Feeling a little paranoid right now, what do you think?

:cumpolice: is on the case

a commenter posted:

Forgive me, but how does he know how it smells down there? He can’t really get close enough to know what it smells like.

And can he show you the scientific findings that say what he told you? Where did he learn that?

I have no clue about that. But I sense he’s pulling that out of his a$$ to try and gaslight you.

another commenter posted:

If you have a flashlight on your phone, take a piece of tape and put it over the light. Color it with a blue sharpie. Get another piece of tape, put it over the blue one, and color it with a purple sharpie. Tada! Cum will glow using that light. That's how I found a lot of stuff.

a third commenter posted:

trust your gut hun definitely sounds like he's gaslighting the poo poo out of you

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for avoiding my cute coworker, because I feel like she's been trying to hit on me?

quote:

I am a 39-year old man, happily married to my wife, who is 37F. At work, we have this intern, Erina (20F). She has been with us since this summer. I would never openly say this to anybody who is more than 10 years younger than me, but Erina is sexy. And our workplace has no dress code (beyond what is considered “reasonable”) so she always comes to work wearing low-cut tops or revealing sundresses, that sorts of stuff.

Erina seems to have taken a liking to me, and she talks to me a lot. Which is fine. Except, of course, she always dresses up sexy, seemingly on purpose. And she doesn’t seem to care that her clothes are oftentimes revealing enough that I can see her body down her neckline or her armholes. She hasn’t explicitly made any moves on me, though. I have made it clear that I am married, but that hasn’t changed her behavior at all.

Therefore, I have taken steps to distance myself from Erina. I avoid her whenever I can, and whenever we’re stuck together, I keep our discussions 200% professional. She still wouldn’t stop dressing up sexy to work, however. So a few days ago, for the first time, I have openly voiced my concerns to her, and I asked her what her problem was. I told her that she seems to be trying to hit on me. Erina got very flustered, and she basically told me something along the lines of “why would I want to hit on you, you creep?” And for the past few days, she’s been giving me the cold shoulder and she avoids me as much as I avoid her. It’s so awkward. Am I the one at fault here?

OP also says...

quote:

I will also point out, besides the way Erina dresses, she also seems to go out of her way to bend down often so that people will get a view down her shirt. Also, one morning, she came to work totally worn out because she had to run to catch up with the bus, and her heavy breathing sounded a bit too inappropriate. I don't know. These little things made a difference in how I perceived her.

r/relationships: her heavy breathing sounded a bit too inappropriate

Evil Willow fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Sep 24, 2023

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for avoiding my cute coworker, because I feel like she's been trying to hit on me?

OP also says...

r/relationships: her heavy breathing sounded a bit too inappropriate

Lmao :wtc:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Mx. posted:

I checked the comments and it's even stupider than it seems:

OP posted:

The money I owed was really for expenses that arose and were split. I suggested I could pay her in stablecoins into a wallet that I set up for her. She agreed.

I did not have access to the wallet. From my point of view I paid her. From her point I lost the money I owed her.

Redditor summarizing posted:

This makes absolutely no sense. She was already paying the majority of the bills and you were behind in your payments. Instead of repaying your debts, you double downed and lost a shitload more of her money gambling on a volatile ponzi scheme.

His lovely financial management left her having to cover his day to day expenses, so he owed her money. Rather than paying her back with, y'know, money, he instead paid her back in loving crypto.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 24, 2023

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

MagusofStars posted:

His lovely financial management left her having to cover his day to day expenses, so he owed her money. Rather than paying her back with, y'know, money, he instead paid her back in loving crypto.

Into a wallet he "set up for her" but didn't control. So he "paid her back" by losing the money he owed. :lmao:

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Mx. posted:

It took time, but I feel that I have moved past the incident.

I love this

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hughlander posted:

AITAH for smashing a little girls face in the cake

The rear end in a top hat the people need. Who the gently caress let's their kid put their face into someone's birthday cake?

Yeah, but how is it right that an adult woman smashed a child's face in a cake? Children can be lovely but it is our responsibility to teach them abd act with restraint. She needs to be institutionalized, not demanding apologies

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Let’s not devolve into advocating for adults assaulting children regardless of how bad the vibes are.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

killerwhat posted:

I love this

Torn between:

r/relationships: I feel that I have moved past the incident

And:

r/relationships: I don't think I'm an idiot

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Let’s not devolve into advocating for adults assaulting children regardless of how bad the vibes are.

I thought that general thread consensus was that an artfully deployed Stone Cold Stunner was the solution to almost any interpersonal issue.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Please explain how you’d give a stunner to someone two feet shorter than you.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

I just can't get me enough of those sexy armholes, awwwoga [eyes pop out and air horns sound]

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for saying "I don't want kids, I want money" at the dinner table and offending my sister?

quote:

My sister has a 5 month old baby. Her and her boyfriend are not struggling financially, but their standard of living has very much decreased since giving birth. They can afford the necessities, but they can't go on vacation, can't go out to eat and can't afford a babysitter. They also just moved into a cheaper apartment. My mom has been asking my sister and the baby to move in with her so they can save money (my sister said no).

For more context, my sister's boyfriend makes a little less than minimum wage. He only works part-time at a restaurant to focus on creating his music. When my sister announced they were trying for a baby, my mom was really worried (and she's still worried) about their financial situation. My sister is the primary income source for their household and my mom has been giving them some money every month. I make a little more than my sister but I don't have kids.

So last night, all of us came together for dinner. My sister kept asking me when I'm going to have kids and I said I don't plan on having kids. She said I'll change my mind (I'm almost 30). I said I probably won't and she kept pressing me on why. I finally just said "I don't want kids, I want money" and she got really quiet. When the dinner was over, she left a voicemail to my mom crying about how I attacked her and my mom is mad at me. My mom wants me to apologize to my sister.

To be clear, I do think my sister is in a nightmare situation but I would have said I wanted money even if she didn't have a baby. I've always thought I'm not meant for parenthood and I'd rather just be the cool, fun aunt that travels a lot and buys big presents for my nieces/nephews. I didn't mean to insult her and I've never once commented on her financials or relationship because it's not my place. AITA and should I apologize?

AITA for 'belittling' my sister and saying she shouldn't demand her husband help with their baby at night?

quote:

My husband and I (29M, 27M) went through the surrogacy process and had our son 4 months ago. We were thrilled when my sister (31F) announced her pregnancy and we found out we would be having children very near the same time. Our niece was born a little over two months after our son.

My situation and my sister's closely mirror each other. Our husbands both work typical 9 to 5s with 30 - 45 minute commutes. My sister is a SAHM and I do freelance work from home.

For the first two weeks after our son was born (the first of which my husband took off of work), we would both take partial night shifts. Once I felt like I had at least some of my bearings on parenthood, I offered to take over completely on week nights, while he does mornings before work + weekends. It's a collaborative process and that breakdown of parenting just made sense to me. My husband was the one leaving our home to work every day, he was the one who had to be up by a specific time and make a drive.

At 4 months, we no longer have this obstacle anymore (and to be honest, I kind of miss the sweet, quiet bonding time those extra night feeds provided now that he's settled onto a nice sleep schedule and usually only wakes up once.) Still, I think we got it down to almost the perfect science before we exited the newborn stage. My sister, on the other hand, is very much still in that phase and struggling.

This has been a recurring problem for her from the beginning. She has been coming to me saying she's scared she's going to fall asleep holding the baby, that her husband won't help her with the night feeds, etc. I tried to give her tips since I've been through it. I suggested she let her partner take over in the evenings (~6 to 9pm) so she can go to bed early and catch a few more hours, nap when baby naps, etc.. She shot down everything saying ' that wouldn't work for them' and that she just needed her partner to do some of the night feedings.

I reminded her that her husband is the one commuting in the mornings and falling asleep while driving was a very real possibility, and that I had lived through it and so could she. I then offered to watch her daughter for a few days so she could catch up on sleep. She took major offense to both of these things. She said I was belittling her experience and acting like I was a better parent. She said I couldn't truly empathize with her or give her valuable tips since she had been pregnant and I hadn't, and that me offering to watch my niece just felt like me saying she needed help raising her own daughter.

My intentions were definitely not malicious and I'd like some outside perspective here. AITA?

EDIT: I'm a man. Saw some people calling a woman in the comments, just wanted to clarify.

Small update here! But the TL;dr of it all is that I have apologized because I was definitely the rear end in a top hat for those comments, even if I didn't intend to be. My sister accepted said apology and hopefully moving forward I can truly be the listening ear she needed and not someone who offers solutions that weren't asked for, especially when our circumstances aren't all that similar. My husband has clearly been taking on MANY more parenting duties than hers, and she and my niece both deserves better than that.

reddit:

quote:

He’s mansplaining motherhood to a woman/mother.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Easily; if they're two feet shorter they are logically much lighter.
E: Alternately, People's Elbow.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 24, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

E: Alternately, People's Elbow.

This is the correct answer.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I’m confident a thorough review of the literature (WWE video archives) will turn up a match where one wrestler was a child and/or little person and sold the hell out of a stunner being done on them

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Here is a classic reference: Kenny Omega Wrestles a 9 year old

edit: gdi youtube

https://streamable.com/goqq0x

Nerdlord Actual fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Sep 24, 2023

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Right, hear me out. If they are so much shorter than you I'm going to have to assume they're pretty light as well. So when you do the initial kick for the stunner you try to kick them into the air, thus allowing you to deliver a perfect stunner.

You might need to workshop it a bit and I can understand that the parents might react badly to it.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

MagusofStars posted:

Eh, if you read the actual update this is his take on things:

quote:

I began buying a small crypto position in 2019, as about 5% of a portfolio composed primarily of index funds and some individual stocks. Over several years the crypto portfolio outperformed the rest of the portfolio.

I became more interested, and began spending more time in the space. Throughout this time I was taking profits into stablecoins spread across USDT/USDC/UST. My goal was to save for a deposit in stablecoins, and take advantage of some of the interest rates.

In 2021, Jane was also trying to save for a deposit. I shared what I was doing. UST was particularly interesting to her, given the simple interface and it's high interest rates at the time. She wanted to try it out, but had some trouble setting up exchange accounts. So I suggested that I could set up a wallet for her, and transfer her some UST to play with, in place of a small amount of money I owed.

(We split all our regular expenses in cash. However, for things like flights or trips etc., Things were often split later.)

This arrangement worked fine, and we agreed to continue it on several other occasions in 2021, with Jane continuing to accrue UST. When UST depegged in 2022, I helped her to sell her UST, and recover about half of it.

As far as I was concerned we both invested and we both lost, she had benefited from interest over almost 12 months. I was more focused upon damage control for my own positions.

TLDR it seems like they’re both idiots? The idiot boyfriend gambled on crypto and showed his idiot girlfriend THE GAINS going up up up 📈📈📈 and she agreed to take repayment of something in the form of crypto. Then the crypto crashed and she lost half of it in USD and now continues to hold that against him. There was no reason the girlfriend couldn’t have cashed out right away but she was a dumbass convinced it would go to the moon.

E: I mean she could have also told him lol no you’re not giving me crypto worth $1000, you’re going to sell enough crypto to get $1000 in your bank account and then give me that

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 24, 2023

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Same way DDP would hit the Diamond Cutter on Mysterio, sit your opponent on the top turnbuckle.

Nerdlord Actual posted:

Here is a classic reference: Kenny Omega Wrestles a 9 year old

edit: gdi youtube

https://streamable.com/goqq0x

drat that's hosed up. 5 more seconds and he would've had her.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
for the life of me, I am dumb at math and I do not understand crypto, so I like to think it's a roulette wheel run by blind people.

this could be the start to a good ghost movie.

AITA for redecorating my house and upsetting my Husband’s Late Wife’s parents?

quote:

My husband, formerly widowed (35M) and I (32F) have been together for 3 years, married for one. His late wife passed 7 years ago and they were high school sweethearts.

My husband and I met a few years after she passed and we had a great relationship. His former in laws also really liked me although it seemed they were a little possessive about my husband and their daughter’s memory, but I was considerate of their grief. So I didn’t mind that much.

I moved to my husband’s home that he once shared with his late wife and sold the one I bought. Now, since I was his wife, we both wanted the house to reflect our shared memories, our life together and our shared tastes. We were very excited to renovate and redecorate our walls, the floors and replaced all the furniture to compliment the new decor. I am also friends with an interior decorator and we used the money I got from the sale of my old house towards redecorating our home. It was a very romantic experience in a way. We put up our photos, paintings that I drew, new nameplate and stuff.

His late wife’s parents were visiting town to see some of their grand kids from his late wife’s brother who lives in the same city as us, and we invited them over for dinner. Immediately upon entering the home, their mood changed. The mother especially became very upset and almost aggressive. She started accusing me of erasing their daughter’s memory. I tried to be understanding and told them that we both undertook this project together to reflect the life WE share as a couple and that it was important for both of us to have a fresh start at life.

She became increasingly livid and told me that “It doesn’t look like she even lives here, why did you have to put the wedding photos away?” At this point I’ve had enough. I told her that her daughter does NOT live here. I do, we do. We are married and I’m so sorry she’s gone and she is hurting but this is MY house too and we can make it look like however we wish.

My husband and his former FIL tried to calm the situation down but she ran away with tears in her eyes. I feel terrible that she was hurt but is it really my fault? Am I not supposed to have a normal married life with my own HUSBAND? AITA?

spacing added

AITA for storming off after I got to know I was adopted?

quote:

I (22f) am I the youngest of 4 siblings (30m 28f 25f). My life was as normal as it could get. Normal parents who were supportive and sometimes had arguments etc etc. My two oldest siblings loved me but usually talked more with my other sis as she was more outgoing, talkative n all ( I am much more introverted and don’t like talking much). My sister (25f) n me never saw eye to eye though. We all always had fights but she would often say how I was adopted so I couldn’t relate to her n all. I always brushed it off as a joke cuz everyone says that to their siblings. Yesterday we had a family dinner for her birthday with my brother and my eldest sister.

My other sis was talking about how her boyfriend had brought a bouquet of different types of daisies ( which picked out early in the morning to surprise her it seems) and how she was irritated that he didn’t spend on an elegent bouquet instead ( It wasn’t as professionally made) For context he has brought her other presents as well. I commented on how she should be happy he personally picked out flowers for her and she EXPLODED. She commented on how I’ll be sooo happy with something super cheap cuz that’s where I came from and I asked her what she meant. She started laughing and said that this is day was always meant to come and looked at my parents and told them to tell me how I was adopted. They and my siblings tried to shut her up but she just went on and on and I asked my parents if it was true.

They just looked at each other and I got to know the truth. I told them to excuse my and just went back home. I couldn’t process how they hid it from me. I do not mind being adopted and don’t really care I’m not biologically theirs but the fact they hid it from me hurts. I got a text from my sis after 2 hrs on how I make all situations to be about myself and how I stole her limelight on her birthday. So Reddit AITA? I don’t feel like I am but my parents still haven’t responded to my texts. English also isn’t my first language.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Cowslips Warren posted:

for the life of me, I am dumb at math and I do not understand crypto, so I like to think it's a roulette wheel run by blind people.

Nothing to understand in this case. Idiot boyfriend owed idiot girlfriend say $100 and suggests giving her a beanie baby people on the internet say is worth $100. Idiot girlfriend says ok that sounds good instead of “sell your dumb beanie baby for $100 and give me the cash.” Then months later the people on the internet say that the beanie baby is worth $500, but the idiot girlfriend doesn’t sell it to get her $100 back. Next week the beanie baby is only worth $50 and the idiot girlfriend is mad at the idiot boyfriend for losing her $450.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 24, 2023

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for making my wife pay half of everything?

OP has a fair number of deleted comments, though hasn’t gotten rid of this one:

OP also admitted in a comment that his wife does the cooking, cleaning, and home management stuff despite them working similar schedules. So he's only concerned with 50/50 when that benefits him.

This woman is giving OP a nice home life that lets him put his free time into his interests, and she's going into debt for the privilege.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

The OP posted:

He is a former widower because he is a husband. My husband. He is no longer tied to her. He can’t be both. Whenever he signs an important form, his status is “husband” and not a “widower” - and that distinction is important even from an emotion’s perspective.

She was a chapter in his life. I am the continuation as long as I live for, maybe his whole life.

I am not threatened by her because she’s dead. She might have had him first but I have him now. That’s what matters to me. Who he ends up with, matters the most.

It’s absolutely normal to visit a loved one’s grave. However when we became serious, we discussed a range of topics on how to deal with issues that weren’t conventional to any other relationship due to his former widower status. He and I both felt that going to his late wife’s grave was a little different than say, a familial member’s grave, because of who she was to him, his late partner.

Visiting your deceased wife's grave? Sorry I'm gonna have to shut that poo poo down now.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Crypto trading, summarized:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Anyone dumb enough to fall for crypto or NFTs does in fact need someone with veto power over their life

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hellblazer187 posted:

Anyone dumb enough to fall for crypto or NFTs does in fact need someone with veto power over their life

Based on the comments they both fell for it, so they need a 3rd party to get veto power

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

First one I remember where the cryptobro OP's additional details also implicated their spouse in the terrible decision making. Really pulled a switcheroo in my assumed sympathies, offscreen partners are usually smarter than that.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Taking all the mementos of the late wife down is an rear end in a top hat move. She doesn't have to put up a shrine to the late wife, but she should allow (and I use that word advisedly) the husband to keep one or two things out that remind him of her. I agree that nah, she doesn't have to keep the wedding pictures up.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

AITA for taken my washer and dryer when I moved out of my apartment.

quote:

So for past 2 year I 25m live in a small apartment building. The apartment didn't have laundry room for the building when I moved in but did come with hooks up for a washer and dryer in the apartment so I to bought them myself because I work for a wildlife sanctuary and I get pretty dirty during my work.

Just the other day I had to chase down and wrestle one of our wild boars Bacon (we didn't name him that he came with that name) who love to escape his pen and thinks it funny to play chase.

I got me completely dirty I was covered in grass stain and mud. So I very much need them.

My boyfriend and I just got engaged and since my lease was up I moved into his house with him. I finished moving everything out of my old apartment yesterday and I thought nothing about taken my washer and dryer with me as I had bought them.

(My boyfriend had some but there were old and kept breaking down and were costing to much to have fix.)

Well I woke up this morning to mutiple miss called from My old landlord , I left my phone number and new address in case any mail was delivered to my old places.

I called him back and He asked me why the washer and dryer is gone.

I explain I took them with me

He started freaking out saying that he had put that the place had a washer and drying in the ad for the place. Apparently having raised the rent due to them. He started to demanding I bring them back because the new clients he has set up to move and had already signed the lease are not interested in the place without them. Even threaten to call the police if I don't take them back

I got angry and told him that I would do no such thing reminding him that they belong to me I bought them and I still had the receipts from when I bought them. As well as text from him when I moved that explaining I was buying them myself.

He again threatens to call the police.

I told him to do it and see what happen and hung up at that point.

Personally I don't think I'm in the wrong. I bought them and they weren't cheap so I feel I have the right to take them. My boyfriend is on my side but today co worker said they think I the rear end in a top hat for not telling the landlord I was taken them. In my opinion that should have been obvious I payed for them why would I leave them.

AiTA for taking the washer and dryer I paid for with me when I moved out of my apartment.

YTA for the title typo, landlord can :fuckoff:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for laughing when my son came home from meeting his girlfriend's parents because he chose to behave like he does at home?

quote:

My son burps a lot while eating. I have tried telling him multiple times that it is rude. I've told him to slow down so he doesn't swallow air with his food. I've told him that it is disgusting.

My wife will instantly jump in to defend him. She will say that's just the way he is and that it's not his fault.

The thing is he can control himself when I remind him. He just chooses not to.

He just went on a date with his girlfriend last night and she tore him a new rear end in a top hat. It was his first time meeting her parents since they live in another city.

They went out to a fancy restaurant and he burped all the way through supper. He came home almost in tears from her chewing him out for behaving like a jackass in front of her family.

I heard him telling my wife about it and I laughed. She asked what was so funny and I reminded them both that I had tried dozens if not hundreds of times to teach him table manners and he rejected them and she protected him. I said that now he is a grown man and he had to learn the hard way.

They both think she overreacted and that I'm the rear end in a top hat for being amused by his experience.

In comments, OP clarifies that the son is 22 years old.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

So tell me, Mr. JohnBRRRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPson, what is it you do for work? *eats a bread roll whole*

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My brother-in-law went through something similar but it was because he’d chew with his mouth open and talk while eating so masticated food would fall back on the plate.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Now that's just gross. I'd take a burp guy over that any day

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

American culture is stupid on burps. If you need to burp, do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015