Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ophelia gonna wreck shop, have pivots at QB/WR, WHEELS UP on your RBs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/23/weather/east-coast-tropical-storm-threat-saturday/index.html

Should affect:

Commanders-Bills
Colts-Ravens
Patriots-Jets

Well, poo poo. Should I even bother with Lamar? Feels like this will shape up to be another 7.46-point showing that loses me my week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Whoreson Welles posted:

Well, poo poo. Should I even bother with Lamar? Feels like this will shape up to be another 7.46-point showing that loses me my week.

Yes. As Bellmaker pointed out, rushing QBs should be fine

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Floofy posted:

Is Fields a buy low candidate? The fields owner in our league just lost Chubb and I’m thinking of offering Ford to him to try and help my Carr/QB2 situation

a billion percent. him, daniel jones, but especially trevor lawrence.

it's only been two weeks. kinks are still being ironed out between players and coaches, and all three of these guys have shown the ability to accrue massive points.

patience, folks!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I don't really have an alternative to Andrews and McLauren so I guess I'm gonna have to hope for the best.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yes. As Bellmaker pointed out, rushing QBs should be fine

He’s the Ravens’ RB1, yes

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Man I was feeling smug with my Burrow-Chase stack, now I’m on the fast track to 0-3.

And my qb backup options play on Sunday…

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Similar situation except every trade involves the other guy sending me Puca for Kyren Williams in all its variations. He has Kupp in IR too.

And let me guess, you can't afford to drop WR production....

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've been sent an interesting trade offer but there are circumstances where I need sage advice.

I'm hurting at RB with Saquon out and I got an offer for Joe Mixon for DK Metcalf straight up. However, our flex is WR/TE only so I can only start two running backs. Would you smash or pass?

My team is good on paper but underperforming.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
You have decent WR depth, say yes

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

joe mixon isn't all that great, so no.

i'd be trying to get gibbs or etienne around that range. i also wouldn't be offering metcalf if i could help it.

i'd try moving london for someone a tier lower who's been underperforming. cook for london sounds good to me?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DALVIN Cook? uh no thanks. JAMES Cook? No chance. He's owned by a Bills lunatic

And I picked up Drake London twice in this league, nobody else bid a dollar on him so that shows you how much he's worth

edit: Joe Mixon was the #10 RB in this league last year despite missing 4 games.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 23, 2023

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, i meant james cook.

and joe mixon's last season was heavily skewed by that one game where he scored like 5td. i'm not going to cherrypick it out, but he was pretty blah outside of that.

i mean:

i would say if cook's off the table...could you maybe get brian robinson? maybe someone's looking to sell high on him? i love the guy and think he's going to keep producing. i would maybe try something there.

and if i had to deal metcalf, yea, definitely gibbs or etienne.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 23, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

somedude posted:

And let me guess, you can't afford to drop WR production....

Nah, I Have Reek and Lamb. I can't afford to lose RB production though, which is why the trade is ???? to me.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What are y’all fellow Trevor Lawrence havers thinking? I love the dude. I think he’ll settle in and have a great season. It hasn’t been amazing but I’m not ready to jump ship yet. I did temporarily grab Russ off waivers this weekend even though I never roster a backup QB so that’s something.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

What are y’all fellow Trevor Lawrence havers thinking? I love the dude. I think he’ll settle in and have a great season. It hasn’t been amazing but I’m not ready to jump ship yet. I did temporarily grab Russ off waivers this weekend even though I never roster a backup QB so that’s something.

i'm trying to buy him everywhere. he's not going to be cheaper than this and he has the setup to be a top 3 qb. problem is, the managers who have him love him as well.

i wouldn't say he's polarizing, but it's one of those situations where if you like him, you LOVE him and are sticking through it. tough to trade for unfortunately.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

abelwingnut posted:

i'm trying to buy him everywhere. he's not going to be cheaper than this and he has the setup to be a top 3 qb. problem is, the managers who have him love him as well.

i wouldn't say he's polarizing, but it's one of those situations where if you like him, you LOVE him and are sticking through it. tough to trade for unfortunately.

He’s just the ultimate, beautiful Florida Man. Even has the same birthday as my puppy. It doesn’t get any better than that.

fwiw yeah, it would be hard to pry him away from me at this point. I’m not really sure what it would take.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay I offered DK for Brian Robinson and then also for Gibbs. We'll see if any pan out.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah I am still fully in on TLaw. I think the Chiefs game was an anomaly, and they’re just a good defense esp with Chris Jones back. If Zay Jones got his toe like one millimeter more in bounds a couple times the Jags have a much better day (and I have a much better day in DFS :argh:)

kiimo posted:

Okay I offered DK for Brian Robinson and then also for Gibbs. We'll see if any pan out.

I like both of these much better than the Mixon version

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Chiefs defense is sneakily good. Lawrence might struggle this week with Houston being a good defense against quarterbacks. If he does, try trading for him.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

no zay jones this week, I would not be surprised to see TLaw struggle a bit

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

On the other hand Stingley is out like 6 weeks which should make Houston a little easier to throw on. Also you just don’t need to throw against them because everyone runs for 200 on them

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

pmchem posted:

no zay jones this week, I would not be surprised to see TLaw struggle a bit

Didn't have him last week either :(

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

abelwingnut posted:

why in the wide world of sports would you do that?

A coward is incapable of living, it is the prerogative of the brave.

Quiet Feet posted:

What did you hit your head on?

Fear lives in the head, courage lives in the heart. The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Chiefs DST will also have one if not both starting inside linebackers out this week, and if you believe that Fields will go back to being the RB/QB hybrid this week, smells like a trap imo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ophelia gonna wreck shop, have pivots at QB/WR, WHEELS UP on your RBs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/09/23/weather/east-coast-tropical-storm-threat-saturday/index.html

Should affect:

Commanders-Bills
Colts-Ravens
Patriots-Jets

Thanks for this, I think this puts the kibosh on starting G Wilson for me. His outlook was already rough enough without a massive downpour, hopefully Tutu can fill in well (even though there is chance of rain for Rams Bengals as well).

abelwingnut posted:

joe mixon isn't all that great, so no.

i'd be trying to get gibbs or etienne around that range. i also wouldn't be offering metcalf if i could help it.

i'd try moving london for someone a tier lower who's been underperforming. cook for london sounds good to me?

I'm starting Joe Mixon every single week until the moment the Bengals finally realize that he kind of sucks rear end. As it is though, they're feeding him and with my other options being Miles Sanders and Dalvin Cook it's pretty much a no brainer.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Starting Bass is a bad idea tomorrow right? I’m not dropping him but I might grab another kicker.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Starting Bass is a bad idea tomorrow right? I’m not dropping him but I might grab another kicker.

Bass is fine, the wind/rain is only an issue for the NE/NYJ game. Also like 7 of the games tomorrow have some weather warning, and a few more with some wind concern, so you're probably fine sticking with talent.

That said, all the kickers playing in domes (obviously minus PIT/ARI) are strong plays, so Aubrey, Dicker, D.Carlson, Koo, Joseph, and even Patterson.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Should I hope Burrow plays and puts on a decent showing or swap out someone else at game time? Looks like the top 3 options on the table (in yahoo's opinion) are Kenny Pickett, Mac Jones, and Sam Howell.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

AnacondaHL posted:

Bass is fine, the wind/rain is only an issue for the NE/NYJ game. Also like 7 of the games tomorrow have some weather warning, and a few more with some wind concern, so you're probably fine sticking with talent.

That said, all the kickers playing in domes (obviously minus PIT/ARI) are strong plays, so Aubrey, Dicker, D.Carlson, Koo, Joseph, and even Patterson.

I appreciate this, thanks!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Virtue posted:

Should I hope Burrow plays and puts on a decent showing or swap out someone else at game time? Looks like the top 3 options on the table (in yahoo's opinion) are Kenny Pickett, Mac Jones, and Sam Howell.

Obviously can't answer whether burrows plays but out of those choices probably going with Howell

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Virtue posted:

I have this same dilemma and have already swapped in Howell. He might play and I'll feel foolish, but I'd rather not scramble at the last second.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh boy Christian Watson is inactive again. I made a point to avoid any guys coming off major injuries this year and then everyone hurts themselves in practice before week 1 anyway :lol:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

A coward is incapable of living, it is the prerogative of the brave.

Fear lives in the head, courage lives in the heart. The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself.

Love this answer lol. Let me preface this by saying I still think you're crazy for doing this. But I also think Kelley is gonna have a top five week this week and did the exact same thing with Kelley and Aaron Jones.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have AJ Dillon in like 3 leagues, and I realize he is first in line to drop because I have no interest in playing him in any of them, even with Aaron Jones out. I have Rashid Shaheed in over him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm super close to starting Roschon Johnson because of garbage time potential

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Achane makes some noise today maybe? Not startable obviously.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
12 team dynasty, 25 man roster, with idp and 7 man taxi squads.
Need some opinion on this proposal:

Burrow/Chase/Rhamondre

For

Tua/Bijan/Addison

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Achane makes some noise today maybe? Not startable obviously.

maybe if mostert's health regresses to the mean

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm super close to starting Roschon Johnson because of garbage time potential

I’m going for it. Fortune favors the bold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

I’m going for it. Fortune favors the bold.

let's loving go