Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rear end Onion, cos that film was booty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
So what I'm gathering here, based on the last few posts, is that Cody's story is being written first by JJ Abrams, then Rian Johnson, and then JJ Abrams again after Colin Trevorrow turned his AEW run into "The Book of Henry"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

NienNumb is right and those movies are mostly one rich dude sub tweeting a bunch of others
A modern day Dante's inferno

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

rear end Onion, cos that film was booty

I thought booty was good? Why would they call them Booty-O's if it wasn't good?!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if he was on the flintstones his name would probably be rian johnstone.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Cody Rhodes' WWE run: The Neverending Story

That inspired me.

I am so sorry.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Fell asleep after Glass Onion, which I have watched before and I enjoyed but Knives Out was better (except Janelle Monae). After watching a Haunting in Venice, I have been on a mystery kick. Maybe Murder Batista will be watched today.

Intruder posted:

if you look at the book it's based on the movie is significantly less interesting so a perfect m night movie

I was about to get the audiobook after I saw the trailer but I only want Batista reading it in the voice he did for the trailer.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That inspired me.

I am so sorry.

lmao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rupert Grint also acts his rear end off in that movie and I blame M Night for the decision of "An English accent is close enough to a Boston accent so just do that"

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That inspired me.

I am so sorry.

lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That inspired me.

I am so sorry.
amazing lol

added to OP.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
edit: whoopps

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Was nowhere near as good as Knives Out. Far too much “heres everyone im annoyed at on my twitter tl” poo poo. He’s cooked.
yep

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

And then there’s the matter of Star Wars, the last Jedi….

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Glass Onion was alright not as good as Knives Out but whats better than both is the show Poker Face. Have Batista guest star in an episode next season.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That inspired me.

I am so sorry.

:qq: CODY, NO!!!!

C*dy???

Who?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Fell asleep after Glass Onion, which I have watched before and I enjoyed but Knives Out was better (except Janelle Monae). After watching a Haunting in Venice, I have been on a mystery kick. Maybe Murder Batista will be watched today.

How is a Haunting in Venice? I love Murder on the Orient Express but had trouble with Death on the Nile, since it's both pretty bad and filled with a cast of terrible people.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

bartok posted:

The Glass Onion was alright not as good as Knives Out but whats better than both is the show Poker Face. Have Batista guest star in an episode next season.

THIS

Codependent Poster posted:

How is a Haunting in Venice? I love Murder on the Orient Express but had trouble with Death on the Nile, since it's both pretty bad and filled with a cast of terrible people.

I saw it last night and it was fine. Enjoyable. Liked the horror undertones, and the looming feeling of doom, although I thought the mystery was too apparent.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

And then there’s the matter of Star Wars, the last Jedi….

We’ve moved on

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

We have a perfect Poirot and it's not Kenneth Branagh

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Alan_Shore posted:

John Moffat

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

Yeah, but he's still fine and Haunting in Venice was the best of the three he's done

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Branagh’s Poirots are valid. If he hadn’t had casted the worst living actor Gal Gadot in his second one nobody would have batted an eye.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Look I love me some movie talk but we are so far out of the topic of Batista in the WWF thread, let's corral it a bit. To bring things back on topic, I propose we talk about how loving terrible Jey Uso's new theme is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6nk7On3WKs

Like, this straight up sounds like a joke edit someone would make. "It's our tag team but we removed one vocal track and the lyrics are about how it's about me instead of about us". It's not as bad as when they kept 3MB's theme for Heath after releasing Drew and Jinder outside of adding the "YEAH I'M A ONE MAN BAND" hook but it's pretty bad. Even by current-day WWE themes (almost all awful) standards. What the gently caress is this. This is on television.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Look I love me some movie talk but we are so far out of the topic of Batista in the WWF thread, let's corral it a bit. To bring things back on topic, I propose we talk about how loving terrible Jey Uso's new theme is.

Like, this straight up sounds like a joke edit someone would make. "It's our tag team but we removed one vocal track and the lyrics are about how it's about me instead of about us". It's not as bad as when they kept 3MB's theme for Heath after releasing Drew and Jinder outside of adding the "YEAH I'M A ONE MAN BAND" hook but it's pretty bad. Even by current-day WWE themes (almost all awful) standards. What the gently caress is this. This is on television.

They wanted to keep the recognizable theme that people like for the face. I think it's fine but it repeats way too much. Though I guess you aren't really supposed to hear anything past the first minute anyway.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Hey
Nothing I can say
President of the USA

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

why did you post a picture of an empty chair in the oval office

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dog poo poo

Mega nasty

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Though I guess you aren't really supposed to hear anything past the first minute anyway.

Unless it's for TV where they do one entrance, then a four minute commercial break while the wrestler stands in the ring doing nothing as the music plays on a loop

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'll go to the ballots if I have to.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

WWE doesn't make wrestling, they make movies. It's on topic. The theme song is extremely funny.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Branagh’s Poirots are valid. If he hadn’t had casted the worst living actor Gal Gadot in his second one nobody would have batted an eye.

This man speaks the truth here

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So what I'm gathering here, based on the last few posts, is that Cody's story is being written first by JJ Abrams, then Rian Johnson, and then JJ Abrams again after Colin Trevorrow turned his AEW run into "The Book of Henry"

His story is being written by Robert Jordan (nerds will get it)

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Look I love me some movie talk but we are so far out of the topic of Batista in the WWF thread, let's corral it a bit.
i agree. does anyone have any contentious hot dog takes they'd like to share with the thread?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

bartok posted:

but whats better than both is the show Poker Face..

If 20-odd years ago you told me "the sarcastic chick from American Pie is going to become the platonic ideal of genderbent Columbo" I wouldn't have believed you, yet here we are.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Secret Service should have saved him from all those bees.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
President Orton will go to the papers IF HE HAS TO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MJeff posted:

WWE doesn't make wrestling, they make movies. It's on topic.

They haven't made enough; where the hell is See No Evil 3 :colbert: