Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
How did I miss this game?

Ninja Edit: Perfect bad snipe. I'm talking about Titanfall 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://youtu.be/UxqW-etfO9Y?feature=shared

If the first two minutes of this vid don’t rustle your jimmies I dunno what can be done for you. I had my mind blown by this mission back in 2016 and the follow-on level of fighting from ship to ship on foot and in Titan is just perfect loving gaming.

I also love Frontier Defense. You can sometimes string together moments that make you feel every bit as elite as a Pilot is supposed to be, and it’s just so fuckin cool.

Also I’ve been [GIP]PantslessWWolves ever since launch :3:

:awesome:

God the sound effects and weapons alone made the titan weapons just have such an awesome presence to them.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

:awesome:

God the sound effects and weapons alone made the titan weapons just have such an awesome presence to them.

Does it sound different in actual gameplay? Cause I watched the first part of that video and I thought the guns sounded very strangely muted and like you could barely tell they were there.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
They sound very good in gameplay.

I imagine whoever made that video is as bad at audio mixing as they are at actually playing.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

The legion titan in particular has a very satisfying brrrrt

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The only thing I disliked about titanfall 2 was the move to largely pre-set titan loadouts. But I get it, it let the designers tailor the weapons with the core abilities and tune them just right.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Anyone have anything to say about Starfield?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm waiting for all the DLC theyll be doing to be out considering my past experience with Bethesda. Would rather binge in one go than nearly 100% the thing, forget everything about it and have to figure out why I saved and quit at this position, with this companion and that loadout and why am I surrounded by nuclear mines...

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I'm having a hard time getting excited about Starfield. To my eyes it just looks bland and boring, and all the procedurally generated planets all look kinda samey? Looks like a great game if you're really into loading screens and sci-fi sliding doors that make Star Trek whoosh sounds though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfMIjyFHtnw

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The comment "Fallout 4 in space" kinda works. Also a quote I read: "Outer Worlds and No Man's Sky are so good that someone took the worst parts of them, made a game called Starfield, and it's also good."

There's an absolute ton of Bethesda jank and lots of questionable-to-stupid design decisions, but there's still lots to have fun with. I still built my own ship, jumped from between planet orbits for space battles, then landed on a station to murder everyone inside.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Its a fun enough game, its a little bland, but overall the gameplay is nice and it hasn't been as buggy as I thought a Bethesda game should be.

And yeah, its basically Fallout 4 in Space without the Apocalypse.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It's aggressively an okay game. I bought it, I don't feel like I wasted my money, but I also played it less than any of the FO games or Skyrim. The companions are quote forgettable this time. And that's not just bg3 comparison talking.

It's less buggy than I was expecting mechanically speaking. Plenty of quests get broken too easily though.

My recommendation is go ahead and get it if you're looking for a new game, if you like that kinda game you probably will get enjoyment out of it. Then wait for the mod tools to get released and go in again in a year or two.

Oh also get the StarUI mod.

I don't feel that it really is anything like no man's sky except in the most shallowest sense. Like, the very first time you explore a planet, you have now played the entire game, it's just that forever. At least starfield has some interesting quests and interactions with the factions.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
I played it on PC via gamepass. It's ok, a little questionably bland, but the thing that kept going through my mind while playing is that it would be so much better with mods/QoL improvements. I enjoyed vanilla Skyrim and FO4 a lot more.

If you're on the fence about it, wait until the creation kit gets released.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It is included in xbox game pass. I’ve put maybe 90 hours in it so far. It is Skyrim in space with a blander story arc (with a few highlights). The spaceship editor is surprisingly addictive.

Given my total investment in the game is $10 for a month of gamepass, I say it has been worth a playthrough.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Steezo posted:

I'm waiting for all the DLC theyll be doing to be out considering my past experience with Bethesda. Would rather binge in one go than nearly 100% the thing, forget everything about it and have to figure out why I saved and quit at this position, with this companion and that loadout and why am I surrounded by nuclear mines...

That’s smart to wait for patches, I enjoyed FO4 but had got it on launch day & not fun to have quest lines glitch out or companions stop responding but be unable to leave the party.

Also apparently Cyberpunk is fixed & good now? Neat.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Also apparently Cyberpunk is fixed & good now? Neat.

It was pretty well fixed not long after it's release, but they just released 2.0 patch which wildly changes the skilltrees and stuff. As in it's drat near a whole new game.

And the DLC is going to shake things up even more with the Relic tree.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The DLC isn’t out until next week, right? Is it safe to play the base game until then or does the DLC weave stuff into the original story?

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

Tiny Timbs posted:

The DLC isn’t out until next week, right? Is it safe to play the base game until then or does the DLC weave stuff into the original story?

From what I've read the DLC unlocks in the normal game after some Voodoo Boys missions in act 2, specifically Transmission. You can also start a new game with the option to immediately start Phantom Liberty at level 20, but you miss out on the main quest up until that spoilered part. Supposedly the story is pretty self-contained.

I started a new game because of all the changes in 2.0.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm going to have to give a new Cyberpunk playthrough a try, I never got too far past going to Pacifica, I think I was like lvl 16 at the highest or something. Was waiting for the game to get patched to be better.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Its been much better, and now 2.0 is a really nice overhaul.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, CDPR has a character builder and I just poked at it and the perks went from "add 2% damage to rifles" to doing some pretty wild poo poo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Cyberpunk still has one of my favorite lines in a game ever.

BEEP BEEP MOTHER FUCKER

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
CP2077 is still one of my faves. Keanu Reeves helped a lot in making that game good

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
stop buying AAA titles at launch you idiots

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I'm horrible with money and decisions.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
At least it's not a Mustang

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Punished Ape posted:

At least it's not a Mustang

As someone who has done both, I regret 2077 less. The whole quest line with "BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKER" is great.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Cyberpunk still has one of my favorite lines in a game ever.

BEEP BEEP MOTHER FUCKER

“You look like a cut of fuckable meat. Are you?” is an all timer

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Godholio posted:

stop buying AAA titles at launch you idiots

Make me :colbert:

I have a problem

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Cyberpunk 2.0 update is pretty incredible. They added in so many of the open world details and mechanics that people were expecting. Imagine if they'd been able to pull this off at release.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Tiny Timbs posted:

The Cyberpunk 2.0 update is pretty incredible. They added in so many of the open world details and mechanics that people were expecting. Imagine if they'd been able to pull this off at release.

I still enjoyed CP2077 both at release and now. It was a good game, with a good story, and an interesting world.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Glad Cyberpunk turned it around, still odd they allowed a PS4 release when it obviously couldn’t handle it, wonder if a bean counter saw the PS4 install base & forced them to do that. Kinda like how with the Switch they keep putting out Hitman 3 or Mortal Kombat 1.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Glad Cyberpunk turned it around, still odd they allowed a PS4 release when it obviously couldn’t handle it, wonder if a bean counter saw the PS4 install base & forced them to do that. Kinda like how with the Switch they keep putting out Hitman 3 or Mortal Kombat 1.

Yeah that was a major bungle and they should've done more testing before promising any system compatibility other than PC and modern consoles generations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

RE4 Separate Ways dlc came out a few days ago. Took me four hours but it was very enjoyable and pretty much all the good stuff of RE4.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 24, 2023

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Hyrax Attack! posted:

switch gets a pass for weirdo ports for me simply because a lot of these companies are treating them as challenges to get the most outta the tegra chipset.

Its led to some incredible ports- New Doom/Doom Eternal, Skyrim, Crysis trilogy, stuff that should never be able to run on a mobile chip.

mk1 is trash as hell on switch though, some crazy poo poo like opponents being on different movement planes ffs. They swear a patch is coming, so i got my popcorn ready.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/cyberpunk-2077/All_Cyberpunk_2077_2.0_Updates_and_Changes

Yeah this list is insane. The police mechanics are wicked cool. Finally they patrol and bother you on the streets, too.

And I am intrigued by the perk system’s revamp.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The perk system broke my netrunner, and then I dug into the cyberware perks and found a way to turn myself into essentially a life-tapping warlock with blood pump and biomon implants, and now I hurl myself into combat flinging legendary synapse burnouts at opponents for something ridiculous like 1000 damage per burnout while my biomon and bloodpump keep me from lifetapping myself to death with Overclock.

E: skill link

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/build-planner?a=43fa3&b=10101&r=&i=100100102000002110000003110031&t=110020100211&c=&e=

Needs ex disk, memory boost, ram upgrade, biomon, blood pump, biotech cyberdeck

Optional cyberware is heal on kill, kiroshi oracle optics, titanium bones for carry weight and armor, and ram recoup for more regen. Beyond that slap some subdermal armor on and whatever legs make you comfy.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 28, 2023

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I did the brain-hacker cyber wizard distance murderer on my first play through. I think this time I want to go cuckoo bananas on crazy big guns and shoot all the things.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

The perk system broke my netrunner, and then I dug into the cyberware perks and found a way to turn myself into essentially a life-tapping warlock with blood pump and biomon implants, and now I hurl myself into combat flinging legendary synapse burnouts at opponents for something ridiculous like 1000 damage per burnout while my biomon and bloodpump keep me from lifetapping myself to death with Overclock.

change 3 words in this post and it's a PoE build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

change 3 words in this post and it's a PoE build

That is pretty much essentially what it is, it relies on depleting all of your RAM in the first second of an encounter to pump up your damage on Synapse Burnout and push down its cost, and then relies on bloodpump and biomon and heal on kill to keep you from dying. You're essentially running a low life build that does more damage the lower the health. There's some optional cheat death cyberware you can get as well that will negate the "stray bullet" issue because currently its only problem is unluckily catching a stray bullet when you're low life might actually one shot you, but it's pretty rare.

The build is fully functional at level 30, but you can push it further by the time you hit 60 with better cyberware and more cyberware allowance.

If you want to avoid the stray bullet effect, you can also do camera hacking and then just do T3 sonic shock to disable your target's radios to prevent them from radioing for help and then burn them up remotely with 2 Overheats.

bird food bathtub posted:

I did the brain-hacker cyber wizard distance murderer on my first play through. I think this time I want to go cuckoo bananas on crazy big guns and shoot all the things.

They've made brain hacker cyber murderer more viable now in combat builds. I also have a monowire/pistol build that uses disable optics and stuff like that while closing with an enemy to finish them with monowire and pistol shots

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 28, 2023