Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

computer, give me Stafford Beer with a head injury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

His dealer was named Gay Ray.

Gay Ray and the Choom Gang

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

this is all true btw

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

In as much as anything is replaceable by AI

it isn't.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

StratGoatCom posted:

In as much as anything is replaceable by AI

it isn't.

yeah but if something just takes in garbage information and spits out unquestionable decisions, it's really easy to mechaturk it and run off with a load of money

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

now im imagining a Turkish technical college with the actual Mechanical Turk as a mascot and wishing mine had been that cool

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

this is incredible

quote:

“It was the fire insurance industry that got together and created fire departments,” he said. “We should be doing the same thing here. We need some fire brigades, because things are on fire.”

pretty sure Nero wasn't an insurance adjuster......

but a reminder on how it went when insurance companies got involved

quote:

New York City companies were famous for sending runners out to fires with a large barrel to cover the hydrant closest to the fire in advance of the engines.[8] Often fights would break out between the runners and even the responding fire companies for the right to fight the fire and receive the insurance money that would be paid to the company that fought it.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

taking down a dusty posting blade I wished would have retired forever, sighing and partially unsheathing it to reveal the letters "R E T A -"

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1705986719525285910?t=sNReF5FKlfuPJ3UuHssmkg&s=19

Student loan posts incoming

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Centrist Committee posted:

give the companies nukes, sure why not

Hell yea give us the Armored Core future.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

China is gonna make a mint licensing out their thorium reactors. The world is thirsty for cheap power.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

let's do it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

China's industrial policy is influenced by Nazism, and the dirtbag left is trying to pretend this isn't true!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zodium posted:

let's do it

Okay if Zodium says so

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

we have had the solution to politicians for our entire history and it’s dogs

immediately surrender all social, financial, and political power to dogs

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

we could perhaps have the computers vote for us *hearty laugh*

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

LonsomeSon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veAolcgNbAk

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
democrats up and down the ticket in california are amping themselves up to win the right to exterminate homeless people, of course they want to launder responsibility for their bullshit through an infallible AI. its the apotheosis of their entire philosophy

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

isn’t there an ending for a Deus Ex game where you choose whether to psychically connect a strong AI to human minds, with the idea that it conducts opinion polling subliminally and near-instantly from every living person in order to make decisions for the whole planet?

it absolutely rules that every aspect of social and political thought in the US is a real-world version of the Don’t Create the Torment Nexus joke

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I've become pro-book burning but instead of it being for fascist reasons it's because I do not want wonks and tech bros to encounter any more fictional ills to draft onto the world

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

KirbyKhan posted:

His dealer was named Gay Ray.

Gay Ray and the Choom Gang

who said Sugar Gay Ray?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anti-boomer crew rejoices
https://twitter.com/Kanthan2030/status/1705970546675245077

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Reagan looking up and smiling

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

old fuckers should have invested in btc

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

why don’t they just walk into a bank and get a loan for a house they can pay off with a part time job

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

experts have dubbed it a “silver tsunami”

sentence: guillotine

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

death to America

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

have they tried just like getting a job?? :shrug:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

death to America

true, americans dying is up!

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just pound the pavement with a few copies of your resume and a firm handshake for the manager

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

people dont wanna work these days smh

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Record inflation, wage stagnation, and a tightening labor market.

Libs: Let's restart monthly payments you can't bankrupt out of.
Who the gently caress would vote for these trash people?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LonsomeSon posted:

isn’t there an ending for a Deus Ex game where you choose whether to psychically connect a strong AI to human minds, with the idea that it conducts opinion polling subliminally and near-instantly from every living person in order to make decisions for the whole planet?

it absolutely rules that every aspect of social and political thought in the US is a real-world version of the Don’t Create the Torment Nexus joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fr4aAu_Ryc

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Something needs to be done about SV and tech people

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

Neurolink will fix it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mr Hootington posted:

microsoft is buying nuclear materials and we all know how good their products are. the problem will take care of itself.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ah, it'll be the blue glow of death this time.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

LonsomeSon posted:

Yeah!

quote:

Oh... well, I guess that would work too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Wasn't this exact phenomenon the untenable social atrocity that initially got Social Security implemented in the first place? Cool to see the country's titans of industry and finest political minds have successfully degraded the population's sense of compassion and shared humanity so sufficiently since then that we can finally metabolize it while doing everything possible to slash social safety nets at the exact same time!