Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

(courageously) I like Chrono Trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
chrono trigger is cool and a proto-harem game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like the competition for "most insane take on CT" has gone bad places.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
should have a scene where I reject Marle's valentines chocolate so I can go on a date with Frog

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

congrats op for somehow winning the extremely competitive award for Most Whack Post About Chrono Trigger in the RPG Thread

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ways SaGa is better than chrono trigger: more gay

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
There’s no such game as “Chrono Trigger”, it’s just a mandala effect thing. You guys are mixing up Chrono Cross with DBZ and random snes rpgs.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Everyone always talks about being inspired by Chrono Trigger, but only Another Eden had the guts to make a game featuring a time traveling frog samurai named Cyrus.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

this is it, the most saga frontier enemy formation

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

this is it, the most saga frontier enemy formation

What the gently caress even is that blue robot

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

something destined to be blown up by a zentadi craft

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

The ultimate robot, it has knees the size of watermelons. It can't lose!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

The ultimate robot, it has knees the size of watermelons. It can't lose!

Ohhh, those are knees. I thought they were teeth/missiles/boobs at first, that makes more sense. Still kind of an effed up abomination though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

not everything is a boob

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Ohhh, those are knees. I thought they were teeth/missiles/boobs at first, that makes more sense. Still kind of an effed up abomination though.

Yeah I think it's just kinda squatting and it might be a foot or three taller if it fully stood up.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/715615827591954493/1155437102637522984/18ac6889ef610-master_playlist_1.mp4

no future, indeed

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Arzaac posted:

If anything I think we should be arguing about which SaGa game is the best

Kinda waffling between Frontier and Scarlet Grace for me. Scarlet Grace has the better battle system, but Frontier's world is a lot more interesting. Emerald Beyond looks like it's going to be basically Scarlet Grace gameplay + Frontier insanity so it's looking like a strong contender.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

frontier has a very "hypercard on a mid to late 90s mac" vibe to it

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Did a proper English knowledge database for Scarlet Graces ever emerge anywhere? Because I played it at launch but felt like I was missing so much. I intended to go back to it once I could look more stuff up but that never happened from what I can tell.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the information is available, but scattered. strelitzia inn has mechanic explanations, the wiki has various lists, gamefaqs has character recruitment, side quests and walkthroughs. there is no dedicated sidequest guide, because side quests are also sometimes main quests and they can change based on which main quest you are doing and in which order.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

why is this your favorite thread

Junpei posted:

frog deserves to be talk about with Disney Robin Hood in being a furry awakening methinks

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
when is y11k 2.0 coming out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIXWcFQaykE

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Classic Igor

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
article with some more infomation about unicorn overlord

the main character should have been the mom instead of this guy.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Come to think of it, what RPGs do let the mom be the protagonist?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Come to think of it, what RPGs do let the mom be the protagonist?

Lost Odyssey had some moms in the main party. Pretty much every Rune Factory game lets you become a parent as part of the game ditto Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley.

Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates can technically have this where your created character can have kids in the game. Also the main character in Fallout 4 I guess.

struggling to think of any others though. There are a few generational games with moms in the party like Dragon Quest V or Phantasy Star 3 but they're usually pretty minor characters overall.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 24, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

after chrono trigger chat i see its time for this. soon we'll loop around to persona gay representation, then FF series rankings, then 3 girls in a JRPG party, then we should be back to chrono trigger in time for halloween.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I just replayed Trials of Mana and had 3 girls in the party :)

I love how quickly that game clips along. Nice to have a big RPG you can beat in a week instead of a month and a half.

I’m kind of craving something I can really get stuck in for a while, though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
being a mom is boring she just has a better design

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

moms are tough

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

trails to azure i didn't need groping jokes to be brought back, let alone referenced jokingly by a chest message -______-

other than that it's typical trails. doing some small tasks in town, some intrigue, half the dialog being "(X) did a thing" "yes, that does sound like something (X) would do, haha" and the other half being "you praise me too highly" "nonsense it is i who is being praised too highly". very cozy and slightly sleepy. nice to see kevin for 5 seconds

i had this game from gamefly for months but never cracked into it because i just didn't want the timesink, but now that i've already played a couple of jrpgs this month i figure, why not a third

i'm gonna try to care more about Arts this time around because in Zero you could get by on nothing but Craft attacks for 75% of the game

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 24, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

After BG3 Jaheira is the best-worst mom.

She would turn into an owlbear and kill for her kids, but doesn’t actually like spending time with them.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Endorph posted:

after chrono trigger chat i see its time for this. soon we'll loop around to persona gay representation, then FF series rankings, then 3 girls in a JRPG party, then we should be back to chrono trigger in time for halloween.
Are we doomed to repeat this cycle for all eternity? This samsara of posting?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Endorph posted:

[grabbing the mic] chrono trigger sucks because they won’t let you gay marry 3 final fantasy girls

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

HellOnEarth posted:

I just replayed Trials of Mana and had 3 girls in the party :)

I love how quickly that game clips along. Nice to have a big RPG you can beat in a week instead of a month and a half.

I’m kind of craving something I can really get stuck in for a while, though.

Twaials of Mana

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Meowywitch posted:

Twaials of Mana

Always hoped for this one on boot-up

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i run on a separate cycle where i only post about saga, complaining about other people posting, troubleshooter, and posts where i say gayyyyyyy

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Grandia 3 didn't have a protagonist mom, but the protagonist's mom did join the party for awhile. She was pretty much the most interesting character in that stupid game and the quality dropped significantly when her and that satyr guy hosed off to live on a boat while you were stuck with the lousy children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Chrono cross also had a mom party member

Of her, her two kids, and her husband she was by far the strongest and most useful, lol