Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Kirios posted:

CJ seems fine so far, honestly. It's still early but the Texans may have a decent QB again.

With a healthy O-Line, the Texans might’ve won today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This is a weird story

https://www.news4jax.com/news/2023/09/17/illinois-authorities-searching-for-missing-former-jacksonville-jaguar-mother-found-dead-in-creek/

Illinois police searching for missing former Jaguars player after mother found dead in creek

Sergio Brown’s mother’s death investigated as homicide

quote:

The Maywood Police Department is looking for a former Jacksonville Jaguar who was reported missing in Illinois after his mother was found dead in a creek near her home, according to a report by WGN-TV.

Sergio Brown, 35, played for the Jaguars in 2015 and played in the NFL from 2010 to 2016.

According to WGN-TV in Chicago, his family reported 73-year-old Myrtle Brown and her son missing Saturday after not being about to get into contact with them.

Police found Myrtle unresponsive, WGN-TV reported, in a creek behind her home after a search. Authorities are investigating her death as a homicide.

Myrtle’s sister, Sheila Simmons, told the station that she hadn’t heard from her sister since Thursday, Sept. 14.

Simmons told authorities she received a call that her sister and nephew were missing early Saturday morning, so she went to Brown’s home in Maywood and “noticed things around the house were out of the ordinary,” WGN TV reported.

WGN-TV reports that Simmons helped police search the creek behind the house but Brown’s body wasn’t discovered until later that day when another search was initiated.

The family said they have not heard from Sergio, according to WGN-TV.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL/status/1703867148848841178?s=20

Big Jeff

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

This keeps getting more and more weird

Missing ex-NFL star posts bizarre Instagram about police and FBI after mother found dead in creek

https://news.yahoo.com/missing-ex-nfl-star-posts-103912756.html

quote:

Now, in a shocking turn of events, Mr Brown has now turned up on Instagram – posting a bizarre video claiming that he believed his mother was holiday and that he had been kidnapped by law enforcement.

The video was first reported by Fox32 and appears in an Instagram story on account “intplayerwithapassport”, and not the former player’s verified account.

The Independent has not been able to independently verify that the account belongs to Mr Brown.

In the video, Mr Brown starts off by hitting out at “fake news” before launching into incoherent ramblings about the FBI.

He claims that he thought his mother was on vacation and makes accusations against Maywood Police and the FBI, saying that he was “kidnapped” twice by either one of them.

Before the disappearance of him and his late mother last week, neighbours claim they noticed an odd change in his behaviour.

Carlos Cortez told WBBM that Mr Brown’s family said “he wasn’t himself the last few months”

“He was out of his mind,” he said.

The neighbour said that he had also given authorities Ring doorbell video, in which Mr Brown is reportedly seen burning his mother’s clothes.

“They seen him taking out the trash, and they seen him have a bonfire where he burned all her clothes,” he said.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
CTE man

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Typical former jag

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
Stumbled across this today, somewhat surprised none of the Colts fans has shared it yet...

love a player with a sense of humor

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1705075824154562811?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Andrew :unsmith:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Extremely Large Jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Titan up, don’t let Deshaun get a happy ending today

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Sky blue, water wet, Titans left tackle sucks

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
We also dpi'd on the play but I don't agree with calling roughing the passer when the nasty man is the passer

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Metapod posted:

We also dpi'd on the play but I don't agree with calling roughing the passer when the nasty man is the passer

Cheap shots on watson should be allowed and encouraged

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Congrats to Texans fans for having a good nonrapist QB.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
little tank

Mega64 posted:

Congrats to Texans fans for having a good nonrapist QB.

feels like a huge relief

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
???? Garrett gets to grab tannehills head

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the refs: Big jeff

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

little tank

feels like a huge relief

But you're missing out in this

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1706004569648505015?t=gsvHlcR7wivATnZdm41kdw&s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jags fans already booing their team lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

titans OL is poo poo from an rear end

e: just INSANE that people are blaming tanny taking the sack there when the revolving door at LT is just a doormat for Myles Garrett.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
washed lewan to daley to dillard

What a cycle of suck

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Intruder posted:

are we wrong to

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Big Willie Style

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
jesus christ

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts and Texans looking like the best two teams in the division, as expected

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Just outmatched

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

Just outmatched

"Outmatched" implies the other team is good, and I refuse to say that about these Browns. We just suck. But beat the Chargers? Lol?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the jags are truly a gift to us all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

Houston has their loving number, man. God drat.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Put this in the hall of fame

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Things have gotten so out of hand in Jacksonville that Tony Boselli is on the broadcast talking about how at least the Houston kickoff return didn't eat up a ton of clock.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cj god

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

stroud rules, dell rules

feeling good about 2024. and I can even enjoy watching a win (potentially, not counting my eggs just yet) without worrying about draft positioning because they don't have a first anyway!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/tdavenport_nfl/status/1706025317851078919?s=46

actually incredible

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the one time I'm pulling for the tits to win

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Been busy today and just got time to watch the game...lol nah I'm good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vrabel has to be close to getting fired, right?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I told everybody that Stroud was the safe pick in this draft but no one listened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

I told everybody that Stroud was the safe pick in this draft but no one listened.

I was 100% on the Stroud bandwagon before the draft. Got a little worried during preseason, but man he's been so good