Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont watch college football so its impossible for me to have any draft opinions, just glad stroud seems to be working out. feels good to see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The Titans performance, to quote Joe Buck, was an absolutely disgusting act

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Codependent Poster posted:

Vrabel has to be close to getting fired, right?

Lmao no.

He literally won coach of the year in 2021 and included him in the GM discussions. He’s got years of leash yet.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Congratulations to the future 2023 AFC South Champions, (checks notes) the Indianapolis Colts???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
This game felt so good to watch. It's been years since I've had fun watching a Texans game

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Texans losing out on the #1 pick has weirdly worked out beautifully. They would have taken Young #1 and so far Stroud looks like the clearly superior QB in the NFL.

Texans fans - we owe Lovie Smith an apology.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol that the isiah Wilson pick started this disgusting football

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kirios posted:

Codependent Poster posted:

Vrabel has to be close to getting fired, right?

Lotta bad posts in the AFC South thread this afternoon.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The AFCS champ qb, gardner minshew

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Lotta bad posts in the AFC South thread this afternoon.

Build the Lovie Smith statue immediately imo

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

This rules lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Return Of Bust

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I like this idea that Houston couldn't have decided stroud was better than young on their own

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
IIRC there were reports that Young was Houston's first choice, but who knows how true that was.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BiggerBoat posted:

I told everybody that Stroud was the safe pick in this draft but no one listened.
I was with you. I'm not happy that he is on the Texans.

Intruder posted:

stroud rules, dell rules

feeling good about 2024. and I can even enjoy watching a win (potentially, not counting my eggs just yet) without worrying about draft positioning because they don't have a first anyway!
Dont the Texans still have another Browns first and like... 5th or something coming up next year?

Kirios posted:

Texans losing out on the #1 pick has weirdly worked out beautifully. They would have taken Young #1 and so far Stroud looks like the clearly superior QB in the NFL.

A friend posted this:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Dont the Texans still have another Browns first and like... 5th or something coming up next year?

Yeah but the Texans winning doesn't hurt that pick so I can just root against the Browns instead like god intended

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Yeah but the Texans winning doesn't hurt that pick so I can just root against the Browns instead like god intended
:hmmyes:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pretty glad I didn’t watch the tits today lol. Looks like Dillard and Fulton were both atrocious

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

This is the team Shad wants Jacksonville to stump up a billion for. I'd rather they move at this point, my Sundays would be much better.

Teva fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 24, 2023

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

lobster shirt posted:

i dont watch college football so its impossible for me to have any draft opinions, just glad stroud seems to be working out. feels good to see this.

I don't either and I'm largely talking poo poo but from what little I did see, Stroud looked NFL ready more than Young and certainly Levis.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It was a super weak QB class tbh. I love Bryce Young and I think he could still develop into a success, but he's a shorter QB with more experience in a college shotgun offense with a lot of talent around him. If they can build a solid offensive line in front of him and give him a few options I think he could be good. Richardson was a lottery ticket. And Stroud was basically your generic "pretty good QB with maybe a limited ceiling but probably pro ready" guy who might have gone 10th overall in stronger drafts

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cj stroud is going to win five super bowls and be a first ballot hall of famer

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

quote:

Stroud's production doesn't surprise any of his teammates. Tight end Brevin Jordan, who caught a touchdown pass in the win, pinpointed the game that ultimately led the Texans to draft Stroud and called it a franchise-altering day.

"The best thing that happened to the Houston Texans' franchise was us beating the Indianapolis Colts last game, last year," Jordan told ESPN. "We drafted the right guy. Man, he's a leader. He's a phenomenal player and a phenomenal guy with God-given talent. Dude, he's unbelievable."

In Lovie we trust.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Teva posted:

This is the team Shad wants Jacksonville to stump up a billion for. I'd rather they move at this point, my Sundays would be much better.

This. Hell I’d help them pack.

Trevor bust.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It feels like every time I've seen Trevor this season it's him sailing passes out of the reach of his receivers.

It's like he realized he's a Jaguar and adjusted his play to match that.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

It feels like every time I've seen Trevor this season it's him sailing passes out of the reach of his receivers.

It's like he realized he's a Jaguar and adjusted his play to match that.

Trevor Bust

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i decided to half watch the Titans yesterday and i think I'm good for a few more weeks

let Malik run wild imo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Mahomes would struggle to break 20 points behind this OL.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Mega64 posted:

Mahomes would struggle to break 20 points behind this OL.

I refuse to believe the Titans OL has been worse than the Texans OL so far this season.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I refuse to believe the Titans OL has been worse than the Texans OL so far this season.

Well I guess we'll see how Houston handles Myles Garrett then we'll decide who is worse

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

i decided to half watch the Titans yesterday and i think I'm good for a few more weeks

let Malik run wild imo

He would have to run wild to avoid getting sacked constantly

Again, I do *not* understand the thought process of people who think the problems lies with the quarterback and not the offensive line. It’s like they’re unaware that the offense has ten other players on the field and just about everyone has to succeed in any given play to push a ball downfield.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

He would have to run wild to avoid getting sacked constantly

Again, I do *not* understand the thought process of people who think the problems lies with the quarterback and not the offensive line. It’s like they’re unaware that the offense has ten other players on the field and just about everyone has to succeed in any given play to push a ball downfield.

I'm a dynamic thinker I can see the offensive line is bad and go oh that play was ruined by bad blocking. I can also see oh there was plenty of time there wow the qb sucks.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Metapod posted:

I'm a dynamic thinker I can see the offensive line is bad and go oh that play was ruined by bad blocking. I can also see oh there was plenty of time there wow the qb sucks.

Tanny was 100% poo poo strained through a colander Week 1 but if you have a team that is failing at EVERY level like this past game, it’s absurd to think changing the quarterback to a less experienced one is going to do anything other than hurt that quarterback’s development. It’s football malpractice.

e: I would love nothing more than Malik Willis or Will Levis or some other dude to show up Week 1 next season and lead us into the promise land for the next decade and win five Super Bowls.

Putting anyone out there in 2023 other than Tannehill is making GBS threads up your future without any realistic chance it makes the other 52 dudes on the roster stop sucking rear end.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 25, 2023

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Soul Glo posted:

Tanny was 100% poo poo strained through a colander Week 1 but if you have a team that is failing at EVERY level like this past game, it’s absurd to think changing the quarterback to a less experienced one is going to do anything other than hurt that quarterback’s development. It’s football malpractice.

e: I would love nothing more than Malik Willis or Will Levis or some other dude to show up Week 1 next season and lead us into the promise land for the next decade and win five Super Bowls.

Putting anyone out there in 2023 other than Tannehill is making GBS threads up your future without any realistic chance it makes the other 52 dudes on the roster stop sucking rear end.

It’s true. Also the inverse of this is happening in Jacksonville. There’s talent and depth at virtually every level with the exception of OL, but there’s no excuse there. Trevor is a bust, and Jags are floundering.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Idk where this rant is going but tannehill is the guy you play to try to maximize this season but if you care about the future they should play any of the other 2 qbs. The team has largely played well so I'm unsure why you're saying 52 guys sucking rear end. Cleveland smoked the oline but like if Vrabel just kicks that fg and tanny hits burks deep on the for sure td the game is really close (don't take this as me blaming tanny for the loss). We've played against 3 star pass rushers all in a row hopefully with the schedule lightening up on that front the line does better.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The tannehill defender has logged on. Lmao

In all seriousness at this rate tannehill is gonna get hurt and Malik will start again so I think it’s a moot point. Hope we can finally beat the bungles next week

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I’m not defending Tannehill, if it was any other Kirk Cousins-rear end level QB I’d be saying keep him in too in this situation.

Not tryna rant, I just hear yokels holler at radio dudes all day that RYAN TANNEHILL SUCKS LET MALIK COOK when ten calendar months ago Malik Willis couldn’t operate a huddle.

If the season is washed, why let your prospects die with it? If you think you can still win the division, why wouldn’t you want the guy with the most experience in there? I just feel like folks are watching a different team than me, the quarterback is one of the least of this group’s problems.

e: it would be different if we had an OL that could protect either Willis or Levis to let them learn in-game, but yesterday we had Tyjae Spears trying to chip block Myles Garrett. Cmon, man.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 25, 2023

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Soul Glo please don't listen to sports radio lmao

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Metapod posted:

Soul Glo please don't listen to sports radio lmao

Look man, I gave up drinking, I need some outlet for my self loathing ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU