Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

twistedmentat posted:

Its amazing how they're saying "uh we'll dump Echo because its not very good" when SI was released normally and heavily promoted.
It’s 6 episodes of goatse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

BRJurgis posted:

I was still keeping tabs on new projects and release dates up until secret invasion.
dang here I am in the MCU thread remembering that SI came out and I watched it and it was bad

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I didn't watch secret invasion you guys

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

mutata posted:

It was pretty bad op

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

Its amazing how they're saying "uh we'll dump Echo because its not very good" when SI was released normally and heavily promoted.

Can't help but feel it's an idpol decision

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

mutata posted:

You did a correct thing.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Secret Invasion honestly might be one of the worst shows I’ve ever seen. Just absolute dogshit start to finish. An embarrassment to everyone involved. I’m still waiting for the reveal that it was written by AI, and those opening credits are subtle confession.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

mutata posted:

I read this thread and decided not to watch SI

Thank you fellow fans! :glomp:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Secret Invasion wasn't great, but it was watchable certainly. :shrug:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

There were some fine monologues and Olivia colman was obv having fun but everything else in that series was just wretched

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Secret Invasion is bad, but Cloak and Dagger is good.

I'm going to get back to rewatching it, I just didn't want to keep posting when it was just me monopolising the thread with Cloak & Dagger posting. But now things are moving again I'll get cracking on Season Two over the next few days.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The best way to experience Secret Invasion is to read a plot summary in five minutes and move on with your life

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Saddest Rhino posted:

There were some fine monologues and Olivia colman was obv having fun but everything else in that series was just wretched
You could do a five minute Youtube best-of cut that would paint a picture of a much better show.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Oasx posted:

Secret Invasion wasn't great, but it was watchable certainly. :shrug:

I dunno about that one, chief.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
It was fine, most of the posters in here find it impossible to be pleased by comic book shows, which vary wildly in quality as much as any given handful of actual comic books from the same publisher.

🤷‍♂️

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It was fine, most of the posters in here find it impossible to be pleased by comic book shows, which vary wildly in quality as much as any given handful of actual comic books from the same publisher.

🤷‍♂️

My good dude, I really enjoyed Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Loki and even Dr. Strange 2, which folks crap on.

Secret Invasion was dogshit.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It had its moments but yeah it was shockingly bad overall both for itself and the MCU more broadly

And I'm a thing-liker generally

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I had a generic "what shows have you been watching" discussion at work the other day and it would have needed to go on for several hours before I'd remember I watched Secret Invasion. Which came out what, four months ago?

and I never, ever, ever, would recommend anyone watch it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

🤷‍♂️

lol

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Firstly, I'm not sure why I would ever use that site for any reason, but also, jeeeeeez you folks.

Disney doesn't care about you like that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

As a critic, how the hell do you give that a positive review

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Firstly, I'm not sure why I would ever use that site for any reason, but also, jeeeeeez you folks.

Disney doesn't care about you like that.

what? you're the one defending their worst garbage

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TIP posted:

what? you're the one defending their worst garbage

No, I'm saying I don't care as much as everyone here. 🤷‍♂️

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

FlamingLiberal posted:

As a critic, how the hell do you give that a positive review

A lot of reviews only cover the preview episode(s) sent to critics at the start of a season.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

maybealabia posted:

It had its moments but yeah it was shockingly bad overall both for itself and the MCU more broadly

yeah same, I go into shows looking for things to like, secret invasion had very few things to like. I think I may have stopped posting about it with episode three, despite defending the first two episodes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Secret Invasion was the kind of bad where I was looking forward to the next episode to laugh at it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Haha, I just remembered that they unceremoniously fridged Cobe Smulders' character and I already forgot her name.

Ah, well...

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Alright rough start, but episode 3 is where it's gonna turn around!
Okay, episode 4 is where it's gonna be worth it!
Fine then, episode 5 is gonna make the intro worthwhile!
Alright it's a 6 episode shitshow hit me with your best, Disney

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

mcbexx posted:

Haha, I just remembered that they unceremoniously fridged Cobe Smulders' character and I already forgot her name.

Ah, well...
I really thought they were setting up a late series twist where she was not actually dead, but NOPE

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol I forgot they killed at least two important characters in that show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

No, I'm saying I don't care as much as everyone here. 🤷‍♂️

Liking things is so lame you guys

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Rarity posted:

Liking things is loving awesome and I generally like things at a much higher rate than the average person but liking SI (as a whole) is like Stockholm Syndrome level poo poo

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Lol I forgot they killed at least two important characters in that show
They also created a loose canon superbeing more powerful than just about anything we've seen so far. Maybe Captain Marvel who still has direct Infinity Stone powers or Dr Strange with Darkholm powers can take her straight up.

And the funniest thing is she just might never show up again at all

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lmao

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

maybealabia posted:

:same:

I’m generally laid back and chill about shows’ flaws but Secret Invasion was atrocious. Some nice conversation scenes scattered here and there but everything else was dire.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

maybealabia posted:

Echo must be "Batgirl Bad"

Like, really bad
We don't know if Batgirl was actually bad.

We do know that they tabled it because they wanted Keaton Batman to be a "surprise" for The Flash.

We see how that worked out.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

What is hyperbole, so I can identify it if it ever happens in here?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Assepoester posted:

We don't know if Batgirl was actually bad.

We do know that they tabled it because they wanted Keaton Batman to be a "surprise" for The Flash.

We see how that worked out.

Watching Keaton realize just how many 0's weren't at the end of his check in real time was kind of a fun surprise though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I reckon Echo will probably be better than Secret Invasion personally, like it'll probably at least have slightly more interesting fight scenes. Secret Invasion felt like they thought they could coast on having Samuel L Jackson and some excitement about seeing the Skrulls, maybe a bit of very small excitement about them adapting Secret Invasion (not that the average person knows the name of a comic run of course but they'd see it get announced, google the premise and go "oh cool it's the skrulls doing Battlestar Galactica").

With Echo, she's not exactly a beloved character with a deep well of incredible, iconic arcs to adapt so one would hope whoever is doing it is just passionate about doing a good, basic story that just has some good excuses for some decent fight scenes, possibly with the Kingpin or some other gangster with a gimmick appearing for some street level shenanigans.

At the very least if the same execs who said Secret Invasion was good to be released as it was are saying Echo is poo poo, at least they might be equally as wrong about it as they were about Secret Invasion.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

thebardyspoon posted:

I reckon Echo will probably be better than Secret Invasion

Nothing has ever been damned with fainter praise

But I do agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

My good dude, I really enjoyed Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Loki and even Dr. Strange 2, which folks crap on.

Secret Invasion was dogshit.

I'm always surprised when I see people railing against She-Hulk elsewhere on the internet. I understand misogyny but it was a fun show.

And Secret Invasion starred one of the biggest movie stars alive whose popularity the MCU partly built itself on and Echo doesn't.