Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

And the lions managed to beat a pretty clearly struggling chiefs team by a point, lost to a pretty bad hawks team, and beat the bad team the Packers lost to

I don’t think you want to play this game

I do. The lions swept the packers last year and if god is good they'll do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Packers lookin good baby love da Packers gpg

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Here's what I know about the division:

The Bears and the Vikings are bad (mostly everything, don't need to expand further).
The Packers and the Lions might be good but are banged up as hell.
Jordan Love is good.
Ben Johnson is good.
Packers are going to have a lot of growing pains.
Rashan Gary is going to get paid.
Lions have the best opportunity they have ever had to win the NFCN and I fully expect them to blow it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

And the lions managed to beat a pretty clearly struggling chiefs team by a point, lost to a pretty bad hawks team, and beat the bad team the Packers lost to

I don’t think you want to play this game

You saying "all you did was really, really easily beat the team that pantsed us!" is another among many incredible examples of your earning that avatar. Just the dumbest poo poo, over and over, every week.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

He scored 3 in the quarter in change after the first.

Winston almost matched it

Ah, yes, if he didn’t score the points he scored he would have scored less points, you’ve got me thereS.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Ah, yes, if he didn’t score the points he scored he would have scored less points, you’ve got me thereS.

Wow you admitted you were wrong, that’s character growth right there

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

You saying "all you did was really, really easily beat the team that pantsed us!" is another among many incredible examples of your earning that avatar. Just the dumbest poo poo, over and over, every week.

You didn’t easily beat them and the transitive property of wins is not a thing

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

good win, but Maybe we cut back on the penaltys a bit lafluer. I think the packers are 2nd or 3rd in NFL in penalty yards.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ah poo poo forgot to add that Doubs is good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

You didn’t easily beat them and the transitive property of wins is not a thing

Easier than you did.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yes, Carr going out changed the trajectory of the game, but I don’t think Carr was injured on purpose or the play was exceptionally dirty. No one was trying to knock Carr out of that game.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Gentelmen. You can't fight in here. This is the NFC North thread!

Save it for the old people in slacks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MJeff posted:

Easier than you did.

We didnt win this doesn’t work

trash talk aside if Watson and Jones come back I think the Pack can beat the Lions, if they don’t I don’t see it happening unless the lions go full lions

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Yes, Carr going out changed the trajectory of the game, but I don’t think Carr was injured on purpose or the play was exceptionally dirty. No one was trying to knock Carr out of that game.

I don’t think it was dirty, injuries happen. Just sucks because I loving hate Jameis and I’m tuning out on the Saints this year if Carr’s injury is serious.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

We didnt win this doesn’t work

trash talk aside if Watson and Jones come back I think the Pack can beat the Lions, if they don’t I don’t see it happening unless the lions go full lions

Why? Jones has 73 yards combined in his last two games against the Lions.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Shmtur posted:

Gentelmen. You can't fight in here. This is the NFC North thread!

Save it for the old people in slacks.

It really is a game of inches in the micropeen measuring contest.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Fight" implies Charles ever could have won

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MJeff posted:

Why? Jones has 73 yards combined in his last two games against the Lions.

The offense was a lot worse last year despite people coping. It’s honestly why I’m sad Rodgers got hurt. I wanted to see if he was really was cooked or the Packers offense was just a mess last year

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This Packers offense is entirely different than last year. I don't think you can make direct comparisons.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

The offense was a lot worse last year despite people coping. It’s honestly why I’m sad Rodgers got hurt. I wanted to see if he was really was cooked or the Packers offense was just a mess last year

I think only lasting four plays before going out injured for the year counts as “fully cooked.”

Him playing with a fractured thumb last year cost at least 2-3 games, just enough to get to the playoffs. Especially if Jordan Love turns out to be :actually: good. (Signs are pointing to “Yes.”)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
people, people, let's all come together in this:

holy gently caress do the bears suck lmao

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think only lasting four plays before going out injured for the year counts as “fully cooked.”

Him playing with a fractured thumb last year cost at least 2-3 games, just enough to get to the playoffs. Especially if Jordan Love turns out to be :actually: good. (Signs are pointing to “Yes.”)

Also it was pretty obvious aaron was angry about his WR options and was just doing crazy aaron things towards the end. Lot of gently caress it i'm going deep poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

One thing I want to bring up is that for all the focus on the Packers being able to churn out QBs and OL, no one ever addresses how consistently this team can find WR talent deep in the draft. Wicks and Reed look legitimately talented even if sloppy today. And obviously Romeo Doubs had a great day.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jen X posted:

people, people, let's all come together in this:

holy gently caress do the bears suck lmao

This last two minutes of the half is lasting forever and somehow the Chiefs just keep scoring more and more points. :lol:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This last two minutes of the half is lasting forever and somehow the Chiefs just keep scoring more and more points. :lol:

I want to see Mahomes break the points record

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

One thing I want to bring up is that for all the focus on the Packers being able to churn out QBs and OL, no one ever addresses how consistently this team can find WR talent deep in the draft. Wicks and Reed look legitimately talented even if sloppy today. And obviously Romeo Doubs had a great day.

Cuz Gutey had a hilariously bad run there with ESB, MVS, Amari Rodgers and whoever the gently caress else until Watson and Doubs last year.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jen X posted:

I want to see Mahomes break the points record

Especially on a day when Miami could’ve had it and kneeled it away. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Packers took an entire game to score 38 against this team? They might be even worse than I thought.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I will say I am quite annoyed that Reynolds didn’t seem to play (or maybe get open) after subbing him in for Nacua, who is a Monday game day decision

:sigh:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Cuz Gutey had a hilariously bad run there with ESB, MVS, Amari Rodgers and whoever the gently caress else until Watson and Doubs last year.

MVS wasn't a bad pick and Amari is the only one that you can really call a bust

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

MVS wasn't a bad pick and Amari is the only one that you can really call a bust

aren't both MVS and ESB on their 2nd teams? That's ... not a bust.

Rodgers for sure and i am... not optimistic about Watson. He looks great when he plays but i've got will fuller vibes of a fast speedy receiver who is never healthy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also lmao the Lions chose not to re-sign Matt Prater. lmao.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Mahomes saw the box score from the Dolphins-Broncos game and said “hold my beer”

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

MJeff posted:

The Packers took an entire game to score 38 against this team? They might be even worse than I thought.

this is why I thought Love wasn't the next rodgers

he was like 8/17 at one point vs the bears

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

0-34 at halftime. :shepface:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

34-0

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jen X posted:

this is why I thought Love wasn't the next rodgers

he was like 8/17 at one point vs the bears

He’s completing like 53% of his passes on the season.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

MJeff posted:

Also lmao the Lions chose not to re-sign Matt Prater. lmao.

The single worst decision Brad Holmes made, I'm still mad about it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Just :lol: if Jordan Love never has a great stat line, yet Just Wins Games. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

He was second in the NFL in EPA as of last week.

ALso, he's throwing the youngest WR corps that might have ever existed in the NFL.