Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Cleretic posted:

And while completely unrelated: Live Letter Day is a red-letter day!

(I've expended all my fishing luck and I won't hook the Stethacanthus until June)

Goddamn. Nice!!

Cleretic posted:

By the way, for all three and a half of us that are curious about this, I raised the question of 'hardest expansion for legendary fish' to the big fishing discord. And it turns out each expansion has different people arguing entirely different reasons you could say they had the hardest legendary fish, which is neat!

HW definitely has the most complex fish. SeaButt, Chari, and Reim end up being incredibly frustrating. For me, Chari was the worse for me. A whole lot of "spend way too much time to trigger intuition and then hope you get it in the 45 seconds available to you."

Stormblood, like most things in this game, I feel ended up being the most balanced. A nice mix of complexity and availability.

For me, Shadowbringers fish have been the most frustrating. Not because they're complicated but because the availability windows are complete bullshit. The Heavensward fish are actually preferable to Shadowbringers fish, to me. Sure, SeaButt may be a pain in the rear end, but you'll usually have the fish window available once (or multiple times) a day. For Shadowbringers, Cinder Surprise just came off a two week break. There was a period last year where Cinder went unavailable for forty days. That's just loving annoying. It is super fun to see that the fish is going to be unavailable for two weeks, then the next window is a 4 am, followed by another 2 weeks of unavailability.

StB > HW > ShB

I will take an annoying to catch fish that is regularly available over a mechanically easy fish that you get one shot at per month.

That being said, I'm closing in on the end of fishing for me. Out in the world, all I have left is Cinder Surprise and Lancetfish. I've put very few attempts on the latter and would have probably had it if I'd focused on it, but it's frequently available so I haven't felt the pressure.

Also about to tie a bow on Ocean Fishing. Only need 50k more points for World-Class Troller. Only missing Placodus from the Indigo route and Hells Claw from the Ruby Route.

My 6.0 goal, having only casually fished (did the dragons deep quest and a bunch of ocean fishing) prior, was to have a complete fishing log by 7.0 and I feel pretty confident in getting that done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Firebert posted:

It pains me to say it, but I would pay them $30+ dollars for an anime coat cape like Endwalker Zenos’ and I know I’m not the only one

What's the extra :20bux: for though? This does exist in thirty party tools but it's a bit awkward to wear for players.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Tech question:
I'm trying to install ff14 with xivlauncher on my steam deck again. I'm getting an error, though: "Could not obtain process handle".
Always shows up at the same point—847MB through verifying the FMVs.
Anyone have thoughts on a solution/ have the same problem/etc?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hit 50 rival wings wins. Don’t plan on hitting 100 this event because I’ll be so burned out, but I should have tomes to spare to try and make some money.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Bobfly posted:

Tech question:
I'm trying to install ff14 with xivlauncher on my steam deck again. I'm getting an error, though: "Could not obtain process handle".
Always shows up at the same point—847MB through verifying the FMVs.
Anyone have thoughts on a solution/ have the same problem/etc?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/wamfs1/having_a_frustrating_time_getting_ffxiv/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're not going to kill Zero but also I think they'll probably want to save her appearance in the full trailer as a big moment

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

You shame me.
Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hoping all the shots of her without her hat in the trailer mean she will lose her hat and stop doing the hat tip thing going forward

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Badger of Basra posted:

Hoping all the shots of her without her hat in the trailer mean she will lose her hat and stop doing the hat tip thing going forward

:chloe:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Zero loses her hat and becomes the only scion you can apply a glamour to, specifically to the head slot and the head slot only.

ST will continue to be the only raid that appears in alliance duty roulette as everyone queues to farm an Amon's Hat for Zero.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

I hope Zero is in 7.0 and does the hat tip every time we talk with her.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Zero loses her hat and becomes the only scion you can apply a glamour to, specifically to the head slot and the head slot only.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The new FFXIV internet discourse: "modern" outfits are ruining the game.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
me fighting a battle that was lost years ago for them engagement metrics

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
do we really need to import more bad opinions from other forums, at least post your own

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My bad opinion is that Feo Ul should have a gun too

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Countblanc posted:

do we really need to import more bad opinions from other forums, at least post your own

Here's a bad opinion for you: I really could not give a poo poo about Feo Ul.

Here's an even hotter take: G'raha Tia is the worst scion, an annoying simp, and I wish I never had to see his face ever again.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

Here's an even hotter take: G'raha Tia is the worst scion, an annoying simp, and I wish I never had to see his face ever again.

https://twitter.com/elfwifecity/status/1685808253807308800

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Mordiceius posted:

:goofy:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think if you type 'simp' you should be subjected to the thing they put the guy in a clockwork orange in

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mordiceius posted:

That discourse is hardly new.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mordiceius posted:

Mirrors can be terrifying, I know.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Only my criticisms of the game are valid and are allowed to be posted :smug:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Badger of Basra posted:

When they level up they lose the hat. Worked for Estinien.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Waffleman_ posted:

I have one rule: I hear the Main Theme as a leitmotif, I mark out

Took a while to reply because I was driving all day, but watching the trailer and then seeing this as the first new post in the thread was lovely.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

Now that they've shown us it's possible they can't not do it

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Waffleman_ posted:

Every discord server that I had previously linked this art commission I got in

breathlessly pinged me this morning telling me it was my turn to have Apollo's "people attempting to be funny" ball of prophecy thrown at me. :v:

Which is to say, you're right, give them a gun.

Edit: And I will move heaven, earth, and the classical elements by sheer will alone to get that pixie mount. I need it. I'll do savage criterion for it, I don't give a drat.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Regular pixie form Feo Ul gets a handgun, Titania Feo Ul gets a bedazzled SMG

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
My hot take is that while they should definitely remove the job glamour restrictions from everything that isn't AF gear, it wouldn't matter to me because non-maiming gear sucks. Back before EW I took stock of my sam glams and was surprised to learn that I had almost 0 glams requiring striking only gear. After the fanfest I took a look at Eorzean Collection for scouting gear and found that I wouldn't really use any of it either.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Endorph posted:

i think if you type 'simp' you should be subjected to the thing they put the guy in a clockwork orange in

I mean, yeah, it's probably a bad choice of word. But I just don't like how much G'raha Tia is obsessed with the WoL. It creeps me out.

What's a better single word that means "someone who without you asking and without you reciprocating acts overly obsessed with you, worships the ground you walk on, squeals when they hear your voice, wants to spend every waking moment around you, and will literally drop anything at any moment to do anything you ask of them"?

Just look at the quest to unlock Eureka Orthos. He's literally tripping over himself to drop everything he's doing just because he gets so excited to hear the WoL's voice.

I liked the Crystal Exarch. I loving hate G'raha Tia.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Mordiceius posted:

What's a better single word that means "someone who without you asking and without you reciprocating acts overly obsessed with you, worships the ground you walk on, squeals when they hear your voice, wants to spend every waking moment around you, and will literally drop anything at any moment to do anything you ask of them"?

The word is 'friend'.

this line of conversation is intensely cynical to me

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Mordiceius posted:

Skill issue

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, yeah, it's probably a bad choice of word. But I just don't like how much G'raha Tia is obsessed with the WoL. It creeps me out.

What's a better single word

Fan, perhaps

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Ride Or Die

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

The word is 'friend'.

I'm not saying I agree with the characterization of g'raha but if that description fits your friendships then that seems odd, to me

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Yeah, and I don't want to be followed around by a fanboy. It's incredibly off-putting.

Like, I fully accept that I'm a minority in this opinion. Most people seem to be as enthusiastic about G'raha Tia as he is about the WoL. For me, I just don't find his behavior endearing - I find it exhausting.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Jonny 290 posted:

The word is 'friend'.

I kinda agree with Mord here. G'raha always came off as...extra clingy to me and insistant on adventuring with us. He hasn't been bad lately!

E: Thank you, a fanboy who's crushing, that's a perfect description and it just vibed wrong for me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I dunno, I just haven't gotten that from him since he joined the Scions.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

He hasn't been bad lately!

The "worst" example of it, to me, was the quest to open Eureka Orthos. I wish I could find the actual lines from the quest, but I'm pretty sure he actually squeals in surprise when we linkshell him and is panting when he arrives because he literally dropped everything and took off running to meet us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rio
Mar 20, 2008

The dude had more than the average lifetime to build up the WoL as a hero in his head, and the WoL *is* a hero. So I don’t see it like some annoying celebrity idolization or anything. It makes sense considering his circumstances and is one of the rare times I see that kind of admiration as justified in the writing of his character.

And now G’raha gets to work with that person when he thought he would be dead. I can’t really say if I were in his shoes that I wouldn’t act the same way - must feel pretty good to be alive and doing exactly what you want to be doing along side the person who essentially made you what you are (in his eyes).