Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1706082047058411735

It’s only the preseason and I hate him (still).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
nice to watch hockey again but preseason hockey is so bad

the only thing worse than preseason hockey is the takes about how bad lafreniere is because he's not...doing something? I dunno. He's got chances, he's doing some stuff. Might as well complain about chytil not scoring either

bussy has made some good saves and the rest of the rangers players are basically grinders or too young to be making a difference

quick looks like he sucks though!

e: I think sykora is gonna be a NHLer though. Whether it's a 4th line guy who scores a handful of points or a 3rd line guy who pops in 30 or so I'm not sure yet but hard to bet against a guy with that motor and general skills

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Levitate posted:

nice to watch hockey again but preseason hockey is so bad

the only thing worse than preseason hockey is the takes about how bad lafreniere is because he's not...doing something? I dunno. He's got chances, he's doing some stuff. Might as well complain about chytil not scoring either

bussy has made some good saves and the rest of the rangers players are basically grinders or too young to be making a difference

quick looks like he sucks though!

https://twitter.com/TommyOkktane/status/1706083530709590314?s=20

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Give Quick a break, he's like 85 years old. He'll have himself in shape and up to speed by February.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Tough day tomorrow for a few teams

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
"It's the first time for me seeing bussy live" - NHL Announcer, 2023

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Propaganda Hour posted:

Tough day tomorrow for a few teams

split squads so it's not the same players doing a doubleheader

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Why doesn't he change his name pronunciation to Busey? I

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Why doesn't he change his name pronunciation to Busey? I

he knows how funny hearing Andy Brickley say "scooped up by Bussy" is, too. I personally thank him for his sacrifice

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Is it pronounced Bus-sy or Boo-sy?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Levitate posted:

split squads so it's not the same players doing a doubleheader

I know why they do it, but having the home split having pretty much your NHL team and the away split having an AHL roster + seven guys who mathematically count as veterans. Sure it means home fans see the stars (and probably a win) but it’s pretty hard to evaluate anyone’s performance given the difference in the teams for most games.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Can't wait for him to grow a playoff beard.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Forgot the team signed Zack MacEwan to a 3-year deal lmao, he was the worst player on the ice in a game featuring like 5 NHL regulars today. Watson finally leaves and they immediately lock up another plug to play with Parker Kelly on the 4th line, love you Pierre

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

VOTE1 posted:

I know why they do it, but having the home split having pretty much your NHL team and the away split having an AHL roster + seven guys who mathematically count as veterans. Sure it means home fans see the stars (and probably a win) but it’s pretty hard to evaluate anyone’s performance given the difference in the teams for most games.

ehhh I bet they're mostly looking at basic stuff and whether a player is in line for a cllup when necessary etc

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mr. Kite posted:

Is it pronounced Bus-sy or Boo-sy?

The first one. Identical to the slang "bussy." At least that's how the Bruins announcer is saying it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
to be clear here, you're saying it rhymes with fussy, not pussy

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Levitate posted:

ehhh I bet they're mostly looking at basic stuff and whether a player is in line for a cllup when necessary etc

oh ofcourse, its fine for them, but for me the idiot fan, it makes it harder for me to declare someone a bust and/or the next big thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

He is. However the player is the former, the slang is the latter.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Lol this guy

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
wtf is bussy I'm not looking that up

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

they're slippin in and out of it. it's very funny. i hope he makes the Bruins, even if he's playing like playoff Roy this game

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
https://twitter.com/PatDonn12/status/1706093993841381652

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

mennoknight posted:

i've been reading your posts about Jarome Iginla for like twenty years. you definitely know what bussy is

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol at the kid in the Bruins stormtrooper mask behind the bench

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

mennoknight posted:

Boy-pussy. It's slang for a fuckable dude butt.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah Brandon Bussi, Boston Bruins (say that 10x fast) has the funniest name in the NHL and I laugh every time I see it. I've never seen anyone acknowledge it, and why would they, but I'd kill for that sound bite. He's actually quite good too, so it'll be funny if/when he makes it to the NHL full time.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

The Dirty Burger posted:

Forgot the team signed Zack MacEwan to a 3-year deal lmao, he was the worst player on the ice in a game featuring like 5 NHL regulars today. Watson finally leaves and they immediately lock up another plug to play with Parker Kelly on the 4th line, love you Pierre

Smejkal and Sokolov are both big fellas who can score, too, so I really don’t understand why they needed a 4th line punch man to keep both of them out of the lineup.

It was funny seeing Domi take a penalty 13 seconds into his first shift. Also Stutzle scoring 2 effortless looking snipes. Hoping he can somehow build on last year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
It’s good to see no matter the coach, players, or time of year, the Rangers get owned by a rookie goalie. Consistency matters.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

drat, that Bussy poppin'!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ah yes this is the Canucks I forgot about this somehow

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Can’t get over bussy the goalie

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I know it's pretty much the B team, but that was a Canucks level PK experience.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Columbus is playing a fairly NHL level team and lol Erik Gudbrandson just got beat by Austin Wagner around the outside and Elvis letting in a weak 1 hander from it.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Pretty good seats for the Stars preseason game near Austin. First time seeing pros since my kid was born five years ago.

Well, "pros", I didn't recognize anyone on the coyotes. But would you anyway? I left after the second when the Stars had as many goals (5) as the yotes had shots.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Looking at the nhl scores site now, and it looks very pretty and modern, but it looks like they accidentally forgot to include the stats? Like 70% of the page is the list of penalties, with the score and scorers scrunched up in the sidebar, and that's all the information there is.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the new website sucks and their app straight up doesnt work even after i updated it, very NHL

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

fisting by many posted:

Looking at the nhl scores site now, and it looks very pretty and modern, but it looks like they accidentally forgot to include the stats? Like 70% of the page is the list of penalties, with the score and scorers scrunched up in the sidebar, and that's all the information there is.

I could be wrong on this but I don’t believe they post the stats on preseason games that aren’t in NHL arenas.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Columbus is playing a fairly NHL level team and lol Erik Gudbrandson just got beat by Austin Wagner around the outside and Elvis letting in a weak 1 hander from it.

Fantilli looks pretty good I think. He's making a lot of goofy nervous mistakes. In an ideal world they'd let him develop as a top liner in the AHL or something but they desperately need him so I hope at least if they rush him that they don't punish him by knocking him to the 4th line when he fucks up, because he will gently caress up

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

The Dirty Burger posted:

I could be wrong on this but I don’t believe they post the stats on preseason games that aren’t in NHL arenas.

Seems to be all games. Makes sense if it's a preseason thing, but a bit odd they'd have the play-by-play but not any aggregated stats, or even rosters for the teams playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

What a snatch.