Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Virgil Vox posted:

That was a nice pass for the win

Guess who got two thumbs and turned over to Pats/Iggles like a dumb bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Just finished a watch of the truck race it was really good: worth a replay if your into that kinda thing

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Trackhouse signed SVG for 2024! Sounds like he’s going to be racing a bit in each of the three NASCAR series.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Howard The Dork posted:

Trackhouse signed SVG for 2024! Sounds like he’s going to be racing a bit in each of the three NASCAR series.

:nz:

Anyone know if NASCAR has any plans to do the Daytona Road Course again?

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

JR is driving in xfinity tonight

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Great race

Virgil Vox posted:

JR is driving in xfinity tonight

He's still so good; shame about the fire, would've been a podium

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

NASCAR is not doing the Bristol dirt track race next year.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Great race. Bottom line is fast but the top line is just a bit too quick for ideal Bristol

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Timby posted:

Good

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Timby posted:

Bring back Eldora.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Klingerman replaced a control arm [or hub/whatever] behind the wall last night and returned to the track; is that a rule for cup that they can't?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

kevin harvick natty 5 laps down to get eliminated is nuts

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Denny has grown on me, which is hilarious.

Also gently caress yeah Bubba!

e: Stealth winner from last night: Hocevar. First ever Bristol race in cup and finishes 11th? He's been quietly consistent the three races he's been in Cup this year, finishing midpack sure, but for someone who jumped from Trucks to Cup, I can't help but be a bit impressed.

iospace fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 17, 2023

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Recently, perhaps mysteriously, seduced by racing and have gotten into NASCAR.
Any good podcast recommendations?
Also, don't have cable but I want to start watching. Is there any one succinct service that carries it?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SylvainMustach posted:

Also, don't have cable but I want to start watching. Is there any one succinct service that carries it?

there is not a a nascaronline streaming.. you can try and subscribe to like 4 different services and still not get all races.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
drat. That was the impression I was getting. Thanks!

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

iospace posted:

Denny has grown on me, which is hilarious.

Also gently caress yeah Bubba!

e: Stealth winner from last night: Hocevar. First ever Bristol race in cup and finishes 11th? He's been quietly consistent the three races he's been in Cup this year, finishing midpack sure, but for someone who jumped from Trucks to Cup, I can't help but be a bit impressed.

Hocevar has been super impressive driving the cup car these last few weeks. Kinda figured Trackhouse was gonna try and sign him, but stoked on Zane Smith too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SylvainMustach posted:

Dale Jr. Download. There are like 416 Dirty Mo Media podcasts at this point, but this is the flagship. Dale is the quintessential NASCAR enthusiast and his interviews with personalities are great, even though the podcast itself has become a 3-4 day a week monster.

Jack Arute's Wind Tunnel is a good one, too.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Dale Jr. Download. There are like 416 Dirty Mo Media podcasts at this point, but this is the flagship. Dale is the quintessential NASCAR enthusiast and his interviews with personalities are great, even though the podcast itself has become a 3-4 day a week monster.

Jack Arute's Wind Tunnel is a good one, too.

Thank you! Already giving Door Bumper Clear a shot so I'll sub to the others mentioned too.

Shame NASCAR doesn't seem too easy to stream. Thinking maybe I'll try to find a bar that shows the races (might be tough, living in Philly).

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the DBC guys have insanely inflated egos so be wary

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Noted lmao already got the sense they don't like my boy Joey (or anyone really for that matter).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SylvainMustach posted:

Thank you! Already giving Door Bumper Clear a shot so I'll sub to the others mentioned too.

Shame NASCAR doesn't seem too easy to stream. Thinking maybe I'll try to find a bar that shows the races (might be tough, living in Philly).

There's plenty of questionable websites that stream Nascar and other racing and sporting events. Also a bonus if you can find an international stream of a Nascar race, instead of the 1,000 ads during a race, you get to watch the race without hearing the commentators as they don't talk during the US commercial breaks.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

SylvainMustach posted:

Noted lmao already got the sense they don't like my boy Joey (or anyone really for that matter).

It's pretty much the same here.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Seconding this. If you want to know anything past or current about NASCAR, Junior's podcast is the one to listen to. He also has a YouTube channel that is just as good. Junior is one of the most important figures currently in the sport, and arguably of all time.

Welcome to NASCAR.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 20, 2023

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

international stream

:hmmyes:

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Overall do people generally root for a team or specific drivers?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

usually drivers but it's really whatever you gravitate towards. just give it some time and see what feels right

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
So far I like Joey because I can relate to being a guy from Connecticut that nobody likes. Truex, he's from my BF's town and he said they named a road behind a Walmart after him. And Bubba, because I like McDondalds and Dr Pepper.
I think I'm doing this right.

Hamlin seems funny and I sort of adore Busch's weird arc from what I've learned.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SylvainMustach posted:

So far I like Joey because I can relate to being a guy from Connecticut that nobody likes. Truex, he's from my BF's town and he said they named a road behind a Walmart after him. And Bubba, because I like McDondalds and Dr Pepper.

Hamlin seems funny and I sort of adore Busch's weird arc from what I've learned.

you're doing it perfectly, carry on

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

SylvainMustach posted:

Let me stop you right there.

Kidding aside yeah just keep watching races, you’ll probably see some sponsors you adore and some you hate. Now you’ve got folks to root for and against initially. You’ll learn more about the drivers, see them win and lose and how they drive and how they celebrate and pout, how they fight, and eventually you’ll find your favorite driver(s). And from then on anyone who fucks with your guy can get put in the wall.

Howard The Dork fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 23, 2023

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Boogity boogity

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Now you're getting it!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SylvainMustach posted:

Boogity boogity

We have a Discord: https://discord.gg/rMEevEpQ

E- also, a fun thing about NASCAR is there are three major touring series with three different slates of drivers and story lines, so you can pick drivers in all three!

You also missed the 15 years or so where the Xfinity Series was a Cup driver-laden hellhole, so congrats to you!

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 23, 2023

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
But also missed a goon itt racing in trucks then getting in a fight at a race.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

CBJSprague24 posted:

We have a Discord: https://discord.gg/rMEevEpQ

E- also, a fun thing about NASCAR is there are three major touring series with three different slates of drivers and story lines, so you can pick drivers in all three!

You also missed the 15 years or so where the Xfinity Series was a Cup driver-laden hellhole, so congrats to you!

Lmao sick I'll join. Need an excuse to actually get on discord time to time.
Thank you!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HAIL SATAN

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

iospace posted:

HAIL SATAN

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

too easy for willy b

iospace