Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Karate Bastard posted:

Which are the lindybeige disclaimers?

I seem to remember him being a bit of an idiot, possibly a climate change denier? Anything else?

Not who you are quoting, but at the very least I remember him being very biotruther about women and men when I stopped watching him years ago, take this half remembered disclaimer with a grain of salt.

Medieval Medic fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Medieval Medic posted:

Not who you are quoting, but at the very least I remember him being very biotruther about women and men when I stopped watching him years ago, take this half remembered disclaimer with a grain of sand.

yeah something like that, he's not hitler or anything but I don't particularly want his takes on current affairs. His delivery when its about history reminds me of a history teacher I used to have, which I enjoy very much for that specific reason.

These interviews have been interesting because the people don't come across as the typical bullshitters for better or worse.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1706007145957728476#m
They were warned.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Totally normal country

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1705964434580000834

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
big 'Republican Politician Family Christmas Card Photo' energy

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

It's this. It's literally this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7FaWnlhS4

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

Don’t be silly. Putin would never encourage massive uptake of private rifles.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

Too much trigger discipline and not enough muzzle sweeping

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/1706014594836086945?s=20 :clint:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

holy cow that ending :stare:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Their English language communications are really good. Someone over there understands that Americans associate CCR with endless, futile military disasters.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Masterclass in being threatening while smiling

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

TK-42-1 posted:

Masterclass in being threatening while smiling

Hate to say the old chestnut but there is always more and it will always get worse.

Putin needs to fall under a horse like they said Katherine did.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

quote:

Ukraine is pinning down a newly created Russian reserve force near Bakhmut and is confident the 15,000-strong unit will be destroyed, Ukraine's spy chief says.

Kyrylo Budanov told The War Zone that Ukraine was pinning down Russian forces in Bakhmut to prevent them from being deployed to other axes where its counteroffensive is pushing forward.

"The Russians recently redeployed their only reserve force - the 25th Army - which was just recently raised and hasn't completed its creation," he said.

"Now it's redeployed to roughly the north of Bakhmut, and that's the place where it's going to be buried."
Business Insider

I can't find anything else confirming this other than chatter on reddit.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Hate to say the old chestnut but there is always more and it will always get worse.

Putin needs to fall under a horse like they said Katherine did.

Tragedy struck today during routine cum guzzling as president Vladimir Putin's horse collapsed from exhaustion

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Massive fire in Verbove. Russian forces are trapped in Verbove..

Hammer and a very fiery anvil. Ukraine is hitting them so loving hard it's absolutely insane. They are hell bent on extinguishing these units down to the last.

This is crazy crazy poo poo.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Massive fire in Verbove. Russian forces are trapped in Verbove..

Hammer and a very fiery anvil. Ukraine is hitting them so loving hard it's absolutely insane. They are hell bent on extinguishing these units down to the last.

This is crazy crazy poo poo.

Gimme maps, videos, pictures, etc...

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

This looks both current and accurate,

https://twitter.com/emilkastehelmi/status/1705987788108145095?s=20

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Gimme maps, videos, pictures, etc...

https://twitter.com/IntelCrab/status/1706012594375417860?s=20

https://twitter.com/Global_Mil_Info/status/1706015419893502358?s=20

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Thank you and hopefully the russians will get hosed over harder.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I mean Ukraine has definitely changed the way they do war. They let the enemy retreat last year in the Kharkiv and kherson offensives. This time not so much. Mostly that's Russia forcing their people to hold on until the last man causing island hopping level casualties

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KvotheTheArcane/status/1706052386437865808

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I mean Ukraine has definitely changed the way they do war. They let the enemy retreat last year in the Kharkiv and kherson offensives. This time not so much. Mostly that's Russia forcing their people to hold on until the last man causing island hopping level casualties

Yeah, I was gonna say I suspect the change is less about Ukraine and more about Russia. Surovikin managed the withdrawal in Kherson and he got the heave ho for it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's almost as if they don't care or haven't put much thought into the human casualties. From top to bottom to Ukraine civilians to Russian conscripts. Do they even have a GI bill for the walking wounded?

Disgraceful in my opinion, glasnost was working but now is rubbish.

I hope someone takes up smoking in Putin's oxygen tent.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Guess I should re-post....

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I just realized since it will only get worse that Marjorie is going to start proposing we send arms to Russia soon

It does feel like the Russian defense dominoes falling are reaching the really dramatic parts though

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It's almost as if they don't care or haven't put much thought into the human casualties. From top to bottom to Ukraine civilians to Russian conscripts. Do they even have a GI bill for the walking wounded?

My friend, they are giving out IOUs for fish bricks to the families of war dead. There is no soft landing for veterans back home.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dr. Quarex posted:

I just realized since it will only get worse that Marjorie is going to start proposing we send arms to Russia soon

Lauren proposed that we send hands, curious.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Subjunctive posted:

My friend, they are giving out IOUs for fish bricks to the families of war dead. There is no soft landing for veterans back home.

It really sucks because all of the Russian people (and Ukrainians) I've met here in the states or overseas are awesome good people but the stupid war machine grinds them into dirt. Here in the US the GI bill is actually difficult to access for vets but yeah the alleged fish brick is just sad squared.

Russia is really imploding as a state and political entity. It was funny to make fun of their dog murder squads during the olympics but good grief. Move from first world to last world is easy if you have Putin and oligarchs fully in charge.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It really sucks because all of the Russian people (and Ukrainians) I've met here in the states or overseas are awesome good people but the stupid war machine grinds them into dirt. Here in the US the GI bill is actually difficult to access for vets but yeah the alleged fish brick is just sad squared.

Russia is really imploding as a state and political entity. It was funny to make fun of their dog murder squads during the olympics but good grief. Move from first world to last world is easy if you have Putin and oligarchs fully in charge.

If you thought the avg Russian standard of living was more than a mid level developing counter lol

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

But they might become communist again so really, that excuses everything and makes them incredibly progressive.

- A hyperbolic language but actual take, on these very forums.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Wait, was that the "groverstad" athlete compound with death trap haunted house holes in the floor and packs of wild dogs running through it?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

If you thought the avg Russian standard of living was more than a mid level developing counter lol

My SO and I love watching The Great which is mostly fictional (Peter II does not get murdered and instead goes in to exile? wtf?) but the leadership of Russia is mostly all bad and the people are disaffected and just divorced from all the rulership and stupid bourgeoise assholes.

During the 90s we had such hope though. And into the oughts in spite of Putin's continued and insufferable reign. But the way he treats his people is just awful and disgraceful. All throughout history the Russian people have been trampled by bad leadership and suffered through it in a very respectable and stalwart way.

I also love the show The Americans because it shows how even the hardest communist soldiers in the cold war can be sucked in to easy living, and fight back against it as their children rebel. Most russian people I know here are working hard jobs changing hotel linen and buying cheeseburgers and oddly happy to be here and embracing American life. The Ukrainian women at the ice cream shop are as happy as can be expected, etc.

We have terrible leadership here in the US, the government will probably be shut down by hard line idiots any day now. I just feel bad for all the Russian men who are getting a knock on the door to move from barely scraping by to the front lines of failure.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

:wow:

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Nelson Mandingo posted:

But they might become communist again so really, that excuses everything and makes them incredibly progressive.

- A hyperbolic language but actual take, on these very forums.

"i'm heightening the contradictions" I somberly intone as I steal millions from the state pension system to buy a megayacht

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I think I only knew who maybe half the people referenced are but still lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I think I only knew who maybe half the people referenced are but still lol

im super online i dont know anything but bellingcaat lol

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Were those VDV divisions that retreated in Kharkiv and Kherson? ISW reports two of the four VDV divisions at Bakhmut and Robotyne fronts each. Those divisions even if consisting partly of conscripts could be holding on until last man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Were those VDV divisions that retreated in Kharkiv and Kherson? ISW reports two of the four VDV divisions at Bakhmut and Robotyne fronts each. Those divisions even if consisting partly of conscripts could be holding on until last man.

Some of these no. These guys were securing the caucuses as well as the Chinese border. I'm sure there's some B2B that been fighting in Ukraine for a long time but deep other units are fairly fresh. Okay were fairly fresh when we heard about them being pulled off of the caucuses a few months ago