Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

After mentioning Mandrake so much I'm gonna be real mad if he doesn't show up.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

*pulls out gun* "Unfortunately, only one of us can profit off helping people with this Mirakle Method."
If this is supposed to be a genuine change of heart I think showing what the Mirakle Method actually involved was a mistake. Should've had some like, time cuts and dialogueless panels so we A: got the impression it took more than sixty loving seconds, and B: didn't learn exactly what it actually involved.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Boots, shmoots. Why is your three-year-old outside in the rain by herself?

How did any of us survive to adulthood?

manero posted:

Dunkin' on Sputter

Pluggers have fallen and can't get up

Broken tailbones all around, I guess.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it's nice that ed can put aside his differences with his son to hate his wife instead

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "282 - Jucika On The Exhibition"

"283 - Jucika's And The Crime Mystery"

The mystery of meeting a partner who will do naked apron cooking!

Zereth posted:

If this is supposed to be a genuine change of heart I think showing what the Mirakle Method actually involved was a mistake. Should've had some like, time cuts and dialogueless panels so we A: got the impression it took more than sixty loving seconds, and B: didn't learn exactly what it actually involved.

I really hope Rene is conning them because "Hey dude, have you ever thought about being good?" "OH MY GOD! NO!" is pretty silly.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i would be shocked if RMMD depicted anything more cynical than a saturday morning cartoon from the 70s, tbh

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

“But what…? How would I even…? I mean, I feel like, in terms of hitching a wagon to it, the difference in convenience between one star and another is purely philosophical.”

“In the end, Andy, I guess you and I fit together about as well as my metaphors.”

“Like how big is this wagon?”

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

BETRAYAL

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

Boots, shmoots. Why is your three-year-old outside in the rain by herself?
It can't be winter all the time

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zereth posted:

I dunno, I'm digging the profoundly basic technique first totally fixing Mud's life, and now maybe doing the same for Rene, for maybe five seconds.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/24/51

Archie 3/29-31/48

So the Harrisburg Telegraph, where I've been getting Archie from, folded at the end of March 1948. After a bit of searching around, I ended up heading north of the border to the Edmonton Sun to continue for now...

Dustin 1948!

Spoilered for ethnic slur.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Doomykins posted:

I really hope Rene is conning them because "Hey dude, have you ever thought about being good?" "OH MY GOD! NO!" is pretty silly.
Him calling himself an idiot for not going straight and doing the Mirakle Method thing for real is what makes me think this is supposed to be genuine.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

I am not following this really. The news reporter told the other team about the super insane demon training after she was told by one of plank's team in confidence?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am not following this really. The news reporter told the other team about the super insane demon training after she was told by one of plank's team in confidence?

I think it's more that she's describing the super-insane demon training as good when the Meteors do it but bad when the Cowboys do it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

She used to be the Cowboy's #1 supporter in the media, and pretty much spent her entire airtime saying how great the Cowboys were and how they were unstoppable and handsome and strong. They just got dumped.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

FYI I'm adding Argyle Sweater to the rotation because it looked like a Far Side/That Horrible Squiggle People knockoff but I did some looking at what's been going on in it and folks I think it's Pretty Good.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (May 6-9, 2003)

First appearance:Double length strips! Allison does a handful of these throughout the series for pacing reasons, so I'll be keeping them intact when posting them.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hostile V posted:

FYI I'm adding Argyle Sweater to the rotation because it looked like a Far Side/That Horrible Squiggle People knockoff but I did some looking at what's been going on in it and folks I think it's Pretty Good.

I did a random dive through the archive (starting in 2006!) and I got a good few chuckles and some real ugly laughs out of it. Good stuff.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 24, 2023

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
That commanders joke reads a little :chloe: to me

Seems to be discounting actual racism

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

maybealabia posted:

That commanders joke reads a little :chloe: to me

Seems to be discounting actual racism

The joke would work better if the punchline was 'Commandos' honestly.

edit: Oh I see.
They changed their name.
I don't follow American Sportsball.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 18: Maggie's Party Part 1 No nudity, but that's a suggestive trophy in the fourth panel

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Billie always has the answer. She’s a dynamo of organisation.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's true, the Commanders have no offense.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

hey friends sorry for asking decades late but what's the origin of BSS ?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

you broke my grill posted:

hey friends sorry for asking decades late but what's the origin of BSS ?

I want to know too because I still don't know what Batman's Shameful Secret is.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

#1 reason I don't have a smart watch: I don't need the fitness tracker judging me.

manero posted:

I want to know too because I still don't know what Batman's Shameful Secret is.

Robin

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I don't believe the Meteors can match up to the Cowboys just because they've been doing their training for like 3 months. Y'all are mere children Copper Ma,

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

What? Does he think she's saying "s'up'?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Mister Kingdom posted:

The old man is deaf and can't hear his wife from another room.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Julet Esqu posted:

#1 reason I don't have a smart watch: I don't need the fitness tracker judging me.

#2 reason: feeding the beast a lot of information about your weight, personal routine and habits, etc.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Caphi posted:

The old man is deaf and can't hear his wife from another room.

I figured the easy answer wasn't the right one.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

there's no joke here, just the small tragedies of aging

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

I figured the easy answer wasn't the right one.
He literally says "no answer" and there's no word balloons coming from offscreen the easy answer is "he didn't hear anything".

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

someone awful. posted:

there's no joke here, just the small tragedies of aging

you got your crankshaft in my pickles!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Selachian posted:

[
Smokey Stover 12/23/56

I could swear I saw that gag in Tex Avery's "Car of Tomorrow" cartoon, but I guess not.

You saw a similar joke, except it was a mother-in-law compartment that trailed far behind the rest of the car. There were a lot of mother-in-law jokes in Tex Avery's "________ of Tomorrow" cartoons

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

EasyEW posted:

Skippy's Own Book of Comics

The Always Belittlin' kid is absolutely badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hostile V posted:

I Do Not Know What The gently caress She's Gonna Bring To This Team Besides The Skill Of "Hear Good" And This Seems Like A Liability But What Do I Know Because We're Leaving This Arc For Now Without Any Real Resolution Or Escalation Until It Resumes Again Whenever

Out of every couple Holbrook has his comics, being with Fiona has to be an absolute nightmare. Using her super-hearing to put her boyfriend under 24/7 surveillance in case he finds anyone else attractive, never ever letting him keep a thought to himself, having a goddamn panic attack at the thought her boyfriend's keeping a secret from her? loving :sever: that poo poo.

Reminder that when Rudy found out he was being scouted by the college gardening team while Fiona got news that she was scouted by the predator team, she bit his head off for daring to be disappointed and why can't he be happy for her. God, Fiona sucks.

I know it'll work out for her because she's a Holbrook Main Character, but I'll still relish her getting any sort of comeuppance.