Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knight007au
May 8, 2007
Go Cards (suck it cowboys) hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Knight007au posted:

Go Cards (suck it cowboys) hahahaha

laughing so hard right now. honestly the best thing that could've happened with that game, getting embarrassed by the supposed worst team in the league.

Cowboys have a really good team but they kind of need to face the fact that Dak sucks rear end.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Qwijib0 posted:

I am sad we're out of first place in the draft pick race

but gently caress the cowboys.

:haibrow:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

ESTABLISH THE loving RUN

gently caress the Cowboys

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Forrest on Fire posted:

ESTABLISH THE loving RUN

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Forrest on Fire posted:

ESTABLISH THE loving RUN

222 yds rushing for the team stronk

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Speaking of rushing, former 49er Raheem Mostert had three TDs against the Broncos today. Miami's other RB had two. That's 285 yards rushing between the two.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

mllaneza posted:

Speaking of rushing, former 49er Raheem Mostert had three TDs against the Broncos today. Miami's other RB had two. That's 285 yards rushing between the two.

Mostert had a 4th TD on a 20 yard catch and run, too

Miami looks scary

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

laughing so hard right now. honestly the best thing that could've happened with that game, getting embarrassed by the supposed worst team in the league.

Cowboys have a really good team but they kind of need to face the fact that Dak sucks rear end.

McCarthy sucks rear end as a coach and Moore was covering for him. Hilarious that McCarthy basically ran him off because he was mad that Moore was getting credit for the offense.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wrong thread.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Good work Cards, I knew you had it in ya.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
indeed loving over the cowboys is something the entire nfc west can get together and appreciate

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hot take: despite appearing to be be a clown for the entire offseason Gannon seems like he might actually be a decent coach.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I'm not quite ready to crown his rear end

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Why does the Seahawks OL seem to get better the deeper they go in to the roster? Do Cross and Lucas actually just suck or did Waldron get some help?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

mllaneza posted:

Definitely the second best game of his career and I'm happy for him.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I was at work cuz over time, but HOLY poo poo i wish I didn't cuz what a crazy sunday of football.

Congrats Cards. You did the NFC West proud.

edit: Yeah Mostert having a monster rear end day with Phins. I'm happy for him.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Andy Dalton had 361 yards passing and I think this game is a lot closer if the panthers didn't false start 8 times lmao. Regardless, go hawks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Same Old Sorry rear end Cowboys

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Good to see the Seahawks handle their business, but my God the injuries are really piling up. This is the one year I'm actually happy there's an early bye week, because they were literally running out of bodies at CB and the O-line.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

EmbryoSteve posted:

Andy Dalton had 361 yards passing and I think this game is a lot closer if the panthers didn't false start 8 times lmao. Regardless, go hawks

That late game where the crowd blew up and they false started even through the punt was hilarious. I have not seen the 12s mess with an opponent that much in a long time.

Benne posted:

Good to see the Seahawks handle their business, but my God the injuries are really piling up. This is the one year I'm actually happy there's an early bye week, because they were literally running out of bodies at CB and the O-line.

Yeah, I thought the early bye was awful but who knew it would actually be good this year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Lifespan posted:

That late game where the crowd blew up and they false started even through the punt was hilarious. I have not seen the 12s mess with an opponent that much in a long time.

Icky Ekwonu had an absolutely brutal day

I have to say, Devon Witherspoon looked good, too! he was all over the field. I can see why Pete likes him so much. kind of crazy that he had basically no preseason and has just jumped in

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Witherspoon looked great. I am not convinced he is at Woolen's level yet, but if the both of them are healthy and click together with Diggs and Adams (if he ever plays again), that could be a crazy secondary.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Agreed. Win is a win but this game lowered my confidence in seattle doing anything. My fear is that they end up in the doldrums of “average” teams around 9 wins.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lifespan posted:

Witherspoon looked great. I am not convinced he is at Woolen's level yet, but if the both of them are healthy and click together with Diggs and Adams (if he ever plays again), that could be a crazy secondary.

Woolen had a strong case of being the second best defensive player from his draft class last year. He was incredible.

Spoon is not even close to that level yet!!! He did a good job against a bad Panthers WR corp.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Agreed. Win is a win but this game lowered my confidence in seattle doing anything. My fear is that they end up in the doldrums of “average” teams around 9 wins.

I will be pretty surprised if they end up anywhere outside 8 or 9 wins, yeah.
If somehow everyone gets healthy at the same time and stays that way after the bye, they could go higher. But I guess that is true of every NFL team.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
there are *pieces* of this team that work really well. the offense can get clicking and march down the field, the run defense is much improved, and there's talent in the secondary. if they get healthy I could see them getting above mediocrity, but they still have huge issues with things like third downs that have been there for years of Pete Carroll teams.

I'm still convinced that the five week gauntlet from the Rams game to the Eagles game will break the season, but if they can get their tackles healthy maybe they can survive. Hey, why be a fan if you can't hope for success :shrug:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The middle of the defense is a big problem. Too many guys are getting crossed up in assignments and missing tackles, turning small gains into big ones. Wagner is still good in run fits but he just doesn't have the coverage juice anymore, you can pick on him from the slot and that's exactly what Thielen did.

I'm happy with 2-1 but there's a lot of stuff to clean up before the schedule gets harder.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Inshallah they lose enough that PCJS get fired.

OC from Detroit is looking like a fine next Seattle Head Coach

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Instead of cheering for my favorite team to lose, I simply hope for the Seahawks to win every game and the Super Bowl :cheers:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Given how some of our seasons have started 2-1 is fine, but I'm really disappointed in how the secondary has played so far. Every source I could see thought it was their defensive strength but we still call some of the softest zones in the NFL that get carved up every week, and we still die to tight ends just running up the seam.

I don't think it's going to get any better when Jamal Adams comes back either, not with his injury history.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I watch the Seahawks DBs line up behind the line to gain every game and it kills me. Get up there and disrupt the route!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Pungry posted:

Instead of cheering for my favorite team to lose, I simply hope for the Seahawks to win every game and the Super Bowl :cheers:

Indeed. Go 'hawks.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I'm still riding with PCJS until they die. Way more good than bad with those two IMO. Winning consistently is really hard.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

DancingMachine posted:

I'm still riding with PCJS until they die. Way more good than bad with those two IMO. Winning consistently is really hard.

Sure PCJS have had more good than bad in terms of regular season W-L but not in terms of process or playoff production.

They had a historically good defense which was based on unbelievable talent rather than strategic scheming, they had a very good franchise quarterback, and enjoyed a relatively weak division for the majority of their time here. With all of that the majority of their work has been early playoff exits where they were clearly out talented and out coaches (that Dallas game in particular was brutal).

Even when the division was supposed to be good you’d have a classic niners year of injuries to soften things for Seattle.

Hilariously, when Seattle ships out their declining franchise QB, they get to transition to Geno Smith who is playing at a franchise quarterback level.

We have over a decade of data at this point and it’s clear that they are bad at trades, they are bad at drafts, they are bad at free agency, and they are bad at coaching (outside of our OC).

Their main contributions to early Seahawks success are no longer unique to Pete. Such novel concepts as “treat players as professional adult coworkers rather than pieces of poo poo” and “maybe not every player needs to have the precise identical skill sets and body dimensions” are now widely adopted by the good coaches in the league.

PCJS aren’t the worse in the league, and I will always love them for their work in setting up the first ring in franchise history, but it’s time to move on.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

This was my takeaway while watching the game yesterday. They just look like a regular NFL team which for better or worse isn't something they've been for well over a decade.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Can't wait until the seahawks fire pete and hire their very own tomsula

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

feller posted:

Can't wait until the seahawks fire pete and hire their very own tomsula

Tom farted at the podium he’s legend

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Also, he just did this https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1706360777903575471?t=27Q1u5HxIHFwJUKd91qeLg&s=19

Which is very cool and I'm happy for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Sure PCJS have had more good than bad in terms of regular season W-L but not in terms of process or playoff production.

They had a historically good defense which was based on unbelievable talent rather than strategic scheming, they had a very good franchise quarterback, and enjoyed a relatively weak division for the majority of their time here. With all of that the majority of their work has been early playoff exits where they were clearly out talented and out coaches (that Dallas game in particular was brutal).

Even when the division was supposed to be good you’d have a classic niners year of injuries to soften things for Seattle.

Hilariously, when Seattle ships out their declining franchise QB, they get to transition to Geno Smith who is playing at a franchise quarterback level.

We have over a decade of data at this point and it’s clear that they are bad at trades, they are bad at drafts, they are bad at free agency, and they are bad at coaching (outside of our OC).

Their main contributions to early Seahawks success are no longer unique to Pete. Such novel concepts as “treat players as professional adult coworkers rather than pieces of poo poo” and “maybe not every player needs to have the precise identical skill sets and body dimensions” are now widely adopted by the good coaches in the league.

PCJS aren’t the worse in the league, and I will always love them for their work in setting up the first ring in franchise history, but it’s time to move on.

Genuinely curious who you think would be a better replacement? Pete does some silly things, but I see some of the poo poo other (Raiders) coaches do and become leery to bail on a group that generally fields a winning team.