Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean Payton has been the coach for three games dod people really expect him to just make a team that was bad good in an off season? That seems unrealistic

He spent the off-season trash talking the old coach, so the blame falls on him for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

King Hong Kong posted:

He spent the off-season trash talking the old coach, so the blame falls on him for that.

I mean if you just want to mock him that’s a different thing

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Payton was stuck for a DC after Evero and Fangio declined. This team has been a revolving door of QBs and HCs for quite some time now. He should have two seasons to do whatever.

Personally, I would be picking up the phone and reaching out to one Son of Bum Phillips (who probably also doesn’t want the job since he’s got an XFL HC gig).

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 25, 2023

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

https://twitter.com/henrycmckenna/status/1706051306840838609

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Pain of Mind posted:

Maybe it is premature to say this now, but my eyebrows are raised at certain coaches that everyone talks about how great they are when they have a HoF QB their entire career, and then lose them and look pedestrian.

Hot take. This is almost every great coach. Vanishingly few “great” coaches still look great when they lose their incredible QB. Which is what makes dudes like Andy Reid so insane. Man made a series of slightly above average QBs into genuine threats until he finally got the real deal.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Posting from Houston airport wifi to say LOL BRONCOS and LMAO COWBOYS

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Posting from Houston airport wifi to say LOL BRONCOS and LMAO COWBOYS

LMAO Cowboys, indeed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
News: Lions W

Views: Very happy for a win today, especially with a few key players out. Also happy for a strong defensive performance after last week's debacle. Not looking forward to playing in GB on a short week, hopefully some of these injured guys rest up by then.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/paulpabst/status/1706096741106245769

:stare:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lol, okay, sure

Christ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/silversteinadam/status/1706051889278644391?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
The bears are a terrorist organization

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Justin Herbert's worst throw today was a touchdown pass

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Miami was up by 50 points, Tua. If you wanted to stop embarrassing teams you should have taken the foot off the gas 20 points ago lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

whos that broooown posted:

The bears are a terrorist organization

No, that's the Blackhawks.

Who should've been Death Penalty'd, forced to forfeit all their draft picks for 10 years, and sent to the AHL.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shinji2015 posted:

lol, okay, sure

Christ

They scored 21 points killing clock running the ball. If you can’t stop Mike white and Chosen stop scoring a 65 yard bomb then you just quit football

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cowards should have tried for the record

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Be nice if the Raiders could beat the refs tonight

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's totally disgusting that the Dolphins ran up the score like that. Just absolutely no class from top to bottom.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

It's totally disgusting that the Dolphins ran up the score like that. Just absolutely no class from top to bottom.

Reveal yourself, Cowherd

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I was a little surprised when they went for it on 4th and goal up 35-13 but, you know, stop them

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Miami was up by 50 points, Tua. If you wanted to stop embarrassing teams you should have taken the foot off the gas 20 points ago lol

That's the thing, they did take their foot off the gas. The backups were crushing the Broncos too, it was wild.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
It’s almost like the Dolphins coaches were offering their players monetary prizes for certain outcomes

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

dolphins are natural predators to horses. this was inevitable.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A guy who was on the practice squad last week got a 64 yard touchdown catch. I mean cmon Lmao

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I know I shouldn’t feel at all surprised or disappointed that the league learned nothing from Tua last year, but I still am :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The Dolphins weren't trying to run up the score. They just kept busting out with 50+ td yard plays over and over.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I know I shouldn’t feel at all surprised or disappointed that the league learned nothing from Tua last year, but I still am :smith:

they learned to protect high profile star qbs. fields isn't so he can put some dirt on the brain wound and get back out there and throw so his team loses slightly less

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Fields mentioned that he was thinking too much, bears coaching staff trying to remedy that

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hot take. This is almost every great coach. Vanishingly few “great” coaches still look great when they lose their incredible QB. Which is what makes dudes like Andy Reid so insane. Man made a series of slightly above average QBs into genuine threats until he finally got the real deal.

Number 2 overall pick Donovan McNabb
Number 1 overall pick Michael Vick
Number 1 overall pick Alex Smith

Those were the 3 main starting QBs for Reid before Mahomes, definitely better than above average for that group.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Dolphins own, go play soccer if you don’t like touchdowns scored against you snowflakes

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

DariusLikewise posted:

Those were the 3 main starting QBs for Reid before Mahomes, definitely better than above average for that group.

Vick was in prison for like two years before he started for Reid, lol come on man.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

DariusLikewise posted:

You're not wrong, but I also watched Andy Reid make ancient Jeff Garcia, Kevin Kolb, A.J. Feeley, and goddamn Koy Detmer look perfectly serviceable-to-good. He made Feeley look so good we ended up getting a second-round pick for him. Dude makes good poo poo happen with whatever he's given, and — as well as it worked out for us and for him — I do wish he hadn't burned out in Philly.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DariusLikewise posted:

If ever a player was poorly served by his coaches, it was Alex Smith. Up until Harbaugh and Reid anyway; goddamn but 49ers coaches in the 2000s loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Toaster Beef posted:

You're not wrong, but I also watched Andy Reid make ancient Jeff Garcia, Kevin Kolb, A.J. Feeley, and goddamn Koy Detmer look perfectly serviceable-to-good. He made Feeley look so good we ended up getting a second-round pick for him. Dude makes good poo poo happen with whatever he's given, and — as well as it worked out for us and for him — I do wish he hadn't burned out in Philly.
And won with QB's like Matt Moore and Hennewagon

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gonz posted:

No, that's the Blackhawks.

Who should've been Death Penalty'd, forced to forfeit all their draft picks for 10 years, and sent to the AHL.

Good news!
Rocky IS dead!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1706049892731564375

Sheesh

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

mllaneza posted:

If ever a player was poorly served by his coaches, it was Alex Smith. Up until Harbaugh and Reid anyway; goddamn but 49ers coaches in the 2000s loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

I still remember. ROLLIN WITH NOLAN.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

DariusLikewise posted:

idk why their draft position would be an indication of their quality as starters. you'd think after all the Jamarcus Russells and Zach Wilson's we'd use a different metric there. Vick btw was coming off of a literal prison sentence. the other two were both good starting qbs, but they were not HoF guys. they were all basically kirk cousins types and performed their best as passers under Reid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I felt a bit bad about the 60+ yard shot to Robbie Chosen up by 43. It was 3rd and 10 and maybe you don't actually need to call a play to convert and keep the clock running at that point, but once you did I don't think your backup QB is going to avoid a guy that open.

solarjetman posted:

I was a little surprised when they went for it on 4th and goal up 35-13 but, you know, stop them

That was the Dolphins first drive of the second quarter though, there was loads of time left and 22 points isn't really insurmountable at that point.