Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

I honestly wonder how that would feel getting hit by kids in full pads while wearing a plush costume like that. They are smaller, but they are still in pads when you aren't, and you can't always see them when they are going for a tackle.

Yes, Goldy would have trucked them all.

I agree someone should tackle Jeff Bezos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

poo poo like this is one of the reasons why I'm going back to physical media again.

I think all the streaming sites are realizing the price structure doesn’t work and we’re going to see a slow trickle of price increases. As long as you’re ok always being behind on stuff, physical media will definitely be cheaper. Can probably buy a movie or two a month for the same price.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

I agree someone should tackle Jeff Bezos.

Aww dang it!

Leaving my shame of picking the wrong post to quote.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think all the streaming sites are realizing the price structure doesn’t work and we’re going to see a slow trickle of price increases. As long as you’re ok always being behind on stuff, physical media will definitely be cheaper. Can probably buy a movie or two a month for the same price.

I mean thats a weird way to say :filez: will make a comeback

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’ve been trying to pay attention to which of the streaming services I have I use the least so I can cancel some.

I have AppleTV, Prime, NFL+, Hulu/Disney/ESPN+, MAX and Fubo.

I’m probably gonna drop the Disney package and just get ESPN+ for college baseball season and cancel it otherwise. MAX I’ll probably cancel too. Any movies that pop up there I can just rent from Apple or Amazon and it’ll still be less than the monthly cost for a movie a month or whatever. NFL I’ll obviously cancel when games aren’t being played

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I had the same issues - I ended up cutting cable for good, went with YouTube tv + Hulu + hbo max. Have prime already but rarely use it, minus Invincible and The Boys

Oh I have Netflix at my office for background but rarely ever use it. So don’t consider it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

The time of the millennials will come again

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

The time of the millennials will come again
I wouldn't even know where to start. The last thing I torrented with regularity was Top Gear, and even that I don't follow anymore. Would I have to follow Reddit threads or something?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

I had the same issues - I ended up cutting cable for good, went with YouTube tv + Hulu + hbo max. Have prime already but rarely use it, minus Invincible and The Boys

Oh I have Netflix at my office for background but rarely ever use it. So don’t consider it

lol oh yeah I have Netflix too and it’s probably the one I use the most

But my gf (who just moved in with me big news fyi) also has a Netflix account so…we’re both paying for it and refuse to give either of them up because our accounts are so tailored to each other.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

swickles posted:

Yea I’m sure it will a little, but I don’t really want to put up with that poo poo.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Not even physical media, even just buying movies via Apple…I realized a while ago they have about 20 years’ worth of my digital library for music, and if anything happens to Apple we’ll see it coming a mile away, so I’m decently confident in whatever I’m getting from that movie service.

I did also recently track down a Blu-Ray of Hard Boiled because sometimes needs must.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I think they already do this on certain things? Was watching a movie on Amazon a couple of days ago and it had commercials, maybe it was a different tier of service or something.

My wife is the only person who uses our streaming services, I should move those to her part of the household budget and let her decide which ones she wants to keep or toss.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
When my wife and I first started dating, I made the mistake of accompanying her to a hair appointment when I still had to pretend to be a good boyfriend, rather than sitting in her apartment alone for a bit. I did not realize it would take 4 hours. After taking a nap in the car and getting a coffee at starbucks, I still had quite a bit of time to kill. There was a Hollywood Video going out of business nearby, so I went there and bought something like 20 DVDs. They are all still in their cellophane wrappers. I don't even consider DVDs I own to be watchable movies anymore, if I cannot stream it then it cannot be watched. I think my only DVD player is an Xbox 360.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pain of Mind posted:

When my wife and I first started dating, I made the mistake of accompanying her to a hair appointment when I still had to pretend to be a good boyfriend, rather than sitting in her apartment alone for a bit. I did not realize it would take 4 hours. After taking a nap in the car and getting a coffee at starbucks, I still had quite a bit of time to kill. There was a Hollywood Video going out of business nearby, so I went there and bought something like 20 DVDs. They are all still in their cellophane wrappers. I don't even consider DVDs I own to be watchable movies anymore, if I cannot stream it then it cannot be watched. I think my only DVD player is an Xbox 360.
Four hours!? gently caress! Was she getting her hair colored or something?
A cut/style plus wash and blowout took me a bit over an hour, and I have long, thick hair.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Four hours!? gently caress! Was she getting her hair colored or something?
A cut/style plus wash and blowout took me a bit over an hour, and I have long, thick hair.

Some sort of fancy cut and color I guess, I am not sure on the details because my haircuts take 15 minutes. She landed me so she had to keep appearances up obviously.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

C-Euro posted:

I think they already do this on certain things? Was watching a movie on Amazon a couple of days ago and it had commercials, maybe it was a different tier of service or something.

My wife is the only person who uses our streaming services, I should move those to her part of the household budget and let her decide which ones she wants to keep or toss.

probably on freevee, their free with ads thing

free with ads seems to be gaining momentum, especially with all the online channels with commercials (re: pluto, tubi, roku channel)

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Anyone have the link to that youtube video of the puzzle expert given a Sudoku that has like three numbers with a bunch of rules and he says it's impossible at first, but then he sees one number he can do and it cascades from there? One of the rules is something about a knight's move.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea I’m sure it will a little, but I don’t really want to put up with that poo poo.

It's so loving easy now and practically automated, I'm not sure why anyone ever stopped because I sure as hell have not.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

swickles posted:

I remember a time when it was just netflix, and I thought, self, why I am I spending all this effort anymore when netflix has solved this problem for video like spotify solved it for music.

then they ruined it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Anyone have the link to that youtube video of the puzzle expert given a Sudoku that has like three numbers with a bunch of rules and he says it's impossible at first, but then he sees one number he can do and it cascades from there? One of the rules is something about a knight's move.

There's a ton of them but this one's good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKf9aUIxdb4

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’m loving Tubi, lotta poo poo I haven’t seen or thought of in years

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1706130412420964833

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

There's a ton of them but this one's good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKf9aUIxdb4

gently caress that’s amazing

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ok I have a idea, someone guide me thru the logistics of a Meatball on a Stick/Garlic French Fry Cart. Up here in my Winter resort town I’d make a killing, steam billowing off

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

gently caress that’s amazing

Watching / listening to this, all I could hear was Matt Smith's 11th Doctor.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

TIL what "orthogonally adjacent" means.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Kalli posted:

That's exactly the one, thank you. My brother tends to dump 100% of his attention into whatever hobby/game he's playing lately, and has become a sudoku savant. I figured he might enjoy it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For years I couldn’t wrap my head around Sudoko. I’ve always been a bit poo poo at math so I just figured it was that and never really paid any attention to it.

It wasn’t until I played one of the Mass Effect games and they have that sudoku game in it except it’s alien symbols and not numbers. I could crush those puzzles.

That’s when it hit me that Sudoku has nothing to do with math. The numbers are irrelevant to the puzzle and might as well just be random symbols. Now I love sudoku and will buy those 1000 puzzle books pretty regularly.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Means nothing until SAG-AFTRA gets their deal.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

dirty shrimp money posted:

I mean, the writers getting paid isn’t nothing

The studios caving to most of the demands from the writers’ guild should also put the actors in a very strong negotiating position now

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

incorrect

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Have any details come out about what’s in the tentative deal yet?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

For years I couldn’t wrap my head around Sudoko. I’ve always been a bit poo poo at math so I just figured it was that and never really paid any attention to it.

It wasn’t until I played one of the Mass Effect games and they have that sudoku game in it except it’s alien symbols and not numbers. I could crush those puzzles.

That’s when it hit me that Sudoku has nothing to do with math. The numbers are irrelevant to the puzzle and might as well just be random symbols. Now I love sudoku and will buy those 1000 puzzle books pretty regularly.
Yeah, I just dabbled with sudoku but then got a "learn how to Sudoku" book and it had puzzles where you didn't use numbers, you used stuff like Star and Exclamation Point and Greek letters used for math and a Smiley face. Stuff like that. There were also puzzles where you had to keep the row and columns correct but instead of 3x3 squares they were funky shaped 'boxes' that had 9 locations so it made me have to think differently.

And yeah, sometimes when my brain clicks on the solution it just all falls into place.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Have any details come out about what’s in the tentative deal yet?

Nothing specific that I’ve seen, though it’s been reported that they got protections against AI usage in the scriptwriting process which is a big deal

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

I wouldn't even know where to start. The last thing I torrented with regularity was Top Gear, and even that I don't follow anymore. Would I have to follow Reddit threads or something?
Afaik nowadays it involves both paying for a VPN and knowing someone who has an invite to a private tracker, then optionally setting up something like Plex to watch your poo poo from. Once that setup is done it's a small effort to track down the thing you want to watch if it's the first time, but the actual media watching experience is just like using streaming services.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
it hasn't rained in Houston in like 3 months other than five minute light showers every few weeks, after a single crack of thunder my doggo is losing his loving mind trying to climb on my lap and such

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I cut the cord and realized one day that you just go to Youtube live streams and there's a million copies of every football game going.

On Saturdays, that is. They seem to really crack down on NFL streams.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1706438170630369530

lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, is there a smartwatch thread? My father fell and has terrible hips and was down for like an hour before my mother came home and found him... and she travels like a lot.

He's getting old and feeble and the life alert things look like scams, so I was looking at possibly getting him an apple / samsung smart watch with fall detection and emergency contact stuff for him so he doesn't, you know, die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

the topline feature is you get to slide into two people's dms a week even if they haven't liked you.