Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

payton cant get fired until the broncos lose out and give the saints the #33 pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1706070937001488855?t=TE-WbXo_hBbUbFVcn47xYw&s=19

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
On one hand the Falcons looked anemic.

On the other hand Sean Payton got absolutely embarrassed by Tua and McDaniel.

I consider it a win.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

payton cant get fired until the broncos lose out and give the saints the #33 pick

Dennis Allen would probably just get a kicker or reach on a running back that is 6th round talent at best.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:hmmyes:

Good thing, Jake Haener is still out six weeks for PEDs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Suuuuure looks like coaching is the problem in Carolina

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Suuuuure looks like coaching is the problem in Carolina

Absolutely.

They can make the excuse of injuries, but Seattle has almost their whole OL injured and some major contributors out on defense and still kicked the poo poo out of the Panthers.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Absolutely.

They can make the excuse of injuries, but Seattle has almost their whole OL injured and some major contributors out on defense and still kicked the poo poo out of the Panthers.

Yup. Andy and the defense did what they could, but gently caress, there's no excuse for what happened tonight

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Shinji2015 posted:

Yup. Andy and the defense did what they could, but gently caress, there's no excuse for what happened tonight

Oh this loss is not on Andy Dalton at all. He missed a couple of throws, but there's only so much you can do when your WRs are dropping poo poo and your OL can't go a series without false-starting.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

ozymandius1024 posted:

Oh this loss is not on Andy Dalton at all. He missed a couple of throws, but there's only so much you can do when your WRs are dropping poo poo and your OL can't go a series without false-starting.

Oh, absolutely. I was very impressed with Andey overall, considering everything. It's all on coaching

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Wasn’t one of Reichs issues in Indy is they always started off looking like garbage on offense for the first 3-5 games before he got his poo poo dialed in?

Gonna be hard with no WRs but still

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Seattle didn’t score a first half touchdown.

Andy dalton threw the ball 70 times.

Played his rear end off to be fair, but if this is the game plan they drew up?

Running the ball sure does make crowd noise irrelevant.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Running the ball sure does make crowd noise irrelevant.

Miles Sanders not looking like a JAG would certainly help on that end too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also at this rate burns is absolutely gone in the next few weeks.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
It's not just the coaching. No one knows how to make a plan or even think beyond the next 10 minutes. It's Frank, it's Scott, it's Dave. 2 need to go and one we're just stuck with.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Also at this rate burns is absolutely gone in the next few weeks.

Anyone got a disgruntled wr1 they want to let go tho?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

DJ Moore

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Gonna be hard with no WRs but still

Chark and Theilen aren’t that bad, tbh. There are teams like the Texans or Colts or Rams making it work alright with some pretty questionable talent at WR.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Chark and Theilen aren’t that bad, tbh. There are teams like the Texans or Colts or Rams making it work alright with some pretty questionable talent at WR.

I could do a big write up about this but a lot of what I've seen is just dumb scheme.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’re both #4s on a good team but both got cut by actual good teams. All of those teams you listed have better active WRs than the Panthers do right now

I think coaching is still a huge problem but the receiver issue is magnifying every error

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

They’re both #4s on a good team but both got cut by actual good teams. All of those teams you listed have better active WRs than the Panthers do right now

I think coaching is still a huge problem but the receiver issue is magnifying every error

Nico Collins had 1150 yards and 4 TDs in two seasons (plus a few games) in the NFL and he’s the Texans leading receiver. After him you’ve got old rear end Robert Woods and something called Tank Dell.

If you think that’s clearly a better WR group on paper than what the Panthers have I don’t know what to tell you.

Chark was the Lions #2 last year but he also missed 1/3rd of the year with an injury. He missed the year before with an injury as well but he was pretty productive with some truly bad QBs in Jax.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 25, 2023

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nico Collins had 1150 yards and 4 TDs in two seasons (plus a few games) in the NFL and he’s the Texans leading receiver. After him you’ve got old rear end Robert Woods and something called Tank Dell.

If you think that’s clearly a better WR group on paper than what the Panthers have I don’t know what to tell you.

Chark was the Lions #2 last year but he also missed 1/3rd of the year with an injury. He missed the year before with an injury as well but he was pretty productive with some truly bad QBs in Jax.

Nico Collins is better than the corpse of Thielen or Chark

The corpse of Robert Woods is 2 or 3 years younger than Thielen and he hasn't quite completed the fall off the cliff like Thielen has but lets call that a push.

Dalton Schultz (who's on the Texans now) is better than Hayden Hurst

Tank Dell is a rookie who actually looks good, both quick and relatively dependable so far and he's better than anyone on the Panthers roster.

That's absolutely a better WR corps here in reality than what the Panthers have.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BlindSite posted:

we have this Slant Boy

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Nico Collins is better than the corpse of Thielen or Chark

The corpse of Robert Woods is 2 or 3 years younger than Thielen and he hasn't quite completed the fall off the cliff like Thielen has but lets call that a push.

Dalton Schultz (who's on the Texans now) is better than Hayden Hurst

Tank Dell is a rookie who actually looks good, both quick and relatively dependable so far and he's better than anyone on the Panthers roster.

That's absolutely a better WR corps here in reality than what the Panthers have.

Collins is in his third year and nobody even knew his name until like two weeks ago. He looks better now because he’s got a competent QB throwing to him and maybe some decent coaching.

But honestly even if you accept the premise that the Texans WRs are better you’re still left trying to excuse the fact that the Panthers staff are so bad at evaluation that two third round picks and Robert Woods are outperforming their WR corps.

They’re paying Theilen more than Woods! It’s either lovely coaching, lovely quarterbacking, or lovely talent evaluation.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Collins is in his third year and nobody even knew his name until like two weeks ago. He looks better now because he’s got a competent QB throwing to him and maybe some decent coaching.

But honestly even if you accept the premise that the Texans WRs are better you’re still left trying to excuse the fact that the Panthers staff are so bad at evaluation that two third round picks and Robert Woods are outperforming their WR corps.

They’re paying Theilen more than Woods! It’s either lovely coaching, lovely quarterbacking, or lovely talent evaluation.

It's lovely talent evaluation first and foremost and then lovely coaching second! As an aside, the Texans 2023 draft as of right now looks loving incredible

Also I'm gonna be a dick and say about as many people knew Collins existed as Terrance Marshall. If Marshall ever gets healthy I assume he'll be about the same level.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Marshall sucks and I don't know why people keep thinking he's going to all of the sudden be good.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's lovely talent evaluation first and foremost and then lovely coaching second! As an aside, the Texans 2023 draft as of right now looks loving incredible

Also I'm gonna be a dick and say about as many people knew Collins existed as Terrance Marshall. If Marshall ever gets healthy I assume he'll be about the same level.

People were making GBS threads on them for the will Anderson trade, but drat if that wasn't the jolt that franchise needed desperately.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Also, Bucs all alone in first place. : smug:

(For approximately 24 hours)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

marshall has lkooked like complete dogshit this year and i think most panthers fans have realized the dream is dead

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nah bro Brandon LaFell is about to turn the corner

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Nobody except LSU fans and Panthers fans knows Marshall exists so that tracks. He’d also totally have a breakout year if he had future all pro CJ Stroud throwing to him instead of fragile dwarf Bryce Young.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

marshall has lkooked like complete dogshit this year and i think most panthers fans have realized the dream is dead

wait did he play, I thought he was still injured?

I legit don't think the Panthers offensive woes are as dire as they seem. Bryce Young seems capable they just need some dudes (EVEN JUST ONE) who can get open and for Reich to calm the gently caress down and open up the offense. And then pray to the football gods that Bryce Young's tiny child bones don't get broken

People were making GBS threads on them for the will Anderson trade, but drat if that wasn't the jolt that franchise needed desperately.

Will Anderson looks loving incredible. They might have very well drafted a solid starting QB and pro bowl DE in the same draft

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 25, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

It was a cool trade. I hate when a new coach and GM come in and play it safe and try to conserve cap space and picks for the future. You’re going to be fired before the future comes if you don’t win now dipshit!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It was a cool trade. I hate when a new coach and GM come in and play it safe and try to conserve cap space and picks for the future. You’re going to be fired before the future comes if you don’t win now dipshit!

Same. I definitely nodded approvingly when they just went for it. Ryans seems like a solid coach too.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

that trade only looks bad if the texans had another top 5 pick this year but hell they're looking fiesty now so i imagine they'll be more like pick ~10-14

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Also, Bucs all alone in first place. : smug:

(For approximately 24 hours)

If we lose, who has the tiebreaker? Atlanta for now since they beat a NFC South team (best division in football), yeah?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

WampaLord posted:

If we lose, who has the tiebreaker? Atlanta for now since they beat a NFC South team (best division in football), yeah?

NO and Atlanta both beat Carolina (:sigh:), but Atlanta and TB also beat a NFCN team while NO beat an AFC team, so... Atlanta, NO, TB, and then Carolina?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shinji2015 posted:

NO and Atlanta both beat Carolina (:sigh:), but Atlanta and TB also beat a NFCN team while NO beat an AFC team, so... Atlanta, NO, TB, and then Carolina?

oh right, i think I blocked that NO/CAR game from memory it was so boring

well, time to savor this for as long as it stands:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It's lovely talent evaluation first and foremost and then lovely coaching second!

Yep. Coaching has been a problem, no doubt, but the Panthers just cannot hit on any picks outside of the first round and it shows. It feels like every week I see random WR4/WR5s for other teams making huge plays, and we can't even get second-rounder Terrace Marshall Jr. to resemble anything remotely productive. (Some of the guys we've traded for are garbage too, like how we're still trying to pretend CJ Henderson brings anything other than DPI flags and 2-3 explosive pass plays given up per game.) Carolina's dealing with an absolutely horrible run of injuries right now, but the biggest reason it's crippled the team is because we have no functional depth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I think this is the first time I’ve been excited to watch a Bucs game since a couple seasons ago

I didn’t really care about Brady, but I like Baker a lot and hope he continues to play well. I don’t think we win tonight but I’m also hoping it won’t be because he played badly.