Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
So I'm not gonna drop him (yet) but Fields sits for Love from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I definitely need to start looking at an alternative D/ST other than the Cowboys. I still have some hope but man, losing Trevon Diggs is showing. I think I have room on my roster to drop someone just to have an alternate D/ST to run when the time is right.

But unless Jalen Hurts shows out tomorrow, a win this week is looking rough.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

so in one PPR league where we have a keeper mechanism I got all 3 big rookie TEs: LaPorta, Musgrave, and Kincaid.

is Kincaid droppable? the split with Knox is not going away (and contract-wise Knox is likely back next year), and the target volume just isn't there. Meanwhile the other guys are taking on clear TE1 roles and the corresponding targets

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

A little mad I sat Connor in the face of Dallas’ D but at least Mattison finally performed. So long as one of White or Swift do well on Monday it won’t be a big miss.

Also, maybe time to start Kirk over Lockett in .5 ppr?

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Having Herbert, Allen and Walker going off this week is making me so hard right now

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Double post woops

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

pmchem posted:

so in one PPR league where we have a keeper mechanism I got all 3 big rookie TEs: LaPorta, Musgrave, and Kincaid.

is Kincaid droppable? the split with Knox is not going away (and contract-wise Knox is likely back next year), and the target volume just isn't there. Meanwhile the other guys are taking on clear TE1 roles and the corresponding targets

Drop Kinkaid. You're carrying 2 too many TEs as is.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Just need Davante to score 50 points and Philly D to get like 35 and I should be fine in beer league as long as Hurts only throws TDs to Goedert.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Just need two points from Swift tomorrow. Considering I had to face Kennan Allen and Deebo, I’m feeling good about my team.

Might try to trade Burrow because I have Tua and he’s been pretty drat good so far.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ShowTime posted:

I definitely need to start looking at an alternative D/ST other than the Cowboys. I still have some hope but man, losing Trevon Diggs is showing. I think I have room on my roster to drop someone just to have an alternate D/ST to run when the time is right.

But unless Jalen Hurts shows out tomorrow, a win this week is looking rough.

Yeah I got skunked big time by Dallas D/ST after they were a big part of winning my first two weeks.

Honestly though, the Cowboys getting loving embarrassed by the worst team in the league is so, so worth it. I will gladly lose a million fantasy football games for that cause

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Floofy posted:

Holy poo poo! In my league that never trades, I just had one go though of Ford for Fields to the Chubb owner.

That’s a shame, Fields is bad at football

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of TEs, who’s going to be more consistent: Taysom Hill or Gerald Everett?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Was worried going up against Tua and CMC today, but Walker, Mostert, JJ all had pretty good days!

Deshaun Watson is my only QB, I was giving him one more week or show something, and he had a pretty good day. Still thinking I should pickup Purdy or something through. What do y’all think? .5 PPR league with only 5 bench spots and 1 QB slot…

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
My opponent started Achane against me last week and proceeded to drop him.

That has to be one of the most painful feelings.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It always seems to take around 4 weeks before rookie RBs really hit their stride. I remember people dropping Kamara in week 2 in 2017, and whoops.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Green Gloves posted:

I did the same thing and yeah :negative:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Green Gloves posted:

Silly Burrito posted:

It always seems to take around 4 weeks before rookie RBs really hit their stride. I remember people dropping Kamara in week 2 in 2017, and whoops.

now hear me out: Roschon Johnson vs. the Broncos defense

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Dont have Roschon but I do got Kendre Miller could he be something? Seems like he was involved pretty heavy but could be phased out by Kamara and Jones.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I mean, Bijan is the exception to the rule or did we not learn from CEH?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Also, as we've all said before: 1 week does not make a great player. That game was an enigma. It was almost the highest scoring game from a single team in the NFL, ever. But Miami decided to just take a knee and not go for at least a FG to tie, but a touchdown would have made it record breaking. And that was with basically their 2nd string. I mean, they barely used Tyreek Hill after a certain point because why bother risking your main lineup. It was a complete disaster for the Broncos and the Dolphins basically gave up really trying and still scored 70.

I'd be very surprised if Achane continues to do very well. Mostert however, has had 3 solid weeks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea is anyone gonna suddenly start Achane now? He’s still a backup.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RCarr posted:

I will play him over Allgeier at this point if it comes down to it. (i.e. I don't flex a WR instead).

Atlanta's offense is terrible.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

ShowTime posted:

Also, as we've all said before: 1 week does not make a great player.

And yet you're panicking about the Dallas D/ST.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm not panicking but I would like a 2nd defense to rotate.

Edit: Even with this bad week, I wouldn't drop them because I know they'll have some solid games. But I have room on my roster for another D/ST and wouldn't mind the option. I have 4 players on my bench I've never used.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RCarr posted:

He’s a possible flex now. Not expecting that again but the byes are coming.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think people tend to be super reactionary, like with Allgeier for example. He had a great week 1, week 2 and week 3 he scored 5. Achane had 1 good week and people are all over him.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I mainly want to pick up Achane because i have Mostert and don't trust him to last more than a few more games before the wheels fall off.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

I'm not panicking but I would like a 2nd defense to rotate.

Edit: Even with this bad week, I wouldn't drop them because I know they'll have some solid games. But I have room on my roster for another D/ST and wouldn't mind the option. I have 4 players on my bench I've never used.

Bye weeks are coming and so are injuries. That's why bench depth is important. You hold your Charbonnets and your Roschon's now so you're not fighting on the waiver wire for them when they become viable starters. That's way more valuable than a second defense.

I would especially not waste a bench spot on a second defense when you're rostering a top 3 D already.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The thing with Achane is that Miami seems to have a lot of weapons on their o-line, so he’s not going to be anything close to consistent since there are other targets, or else defensive lines would collapse around him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I'm not really sure what/who you guys are arguing against. Nobody is calling Achane an RB1 at this point. He should absolutely be a waiver priority this week though. He's a highly drafted rookie who just exploded and plays on a dynamic offense behind the most injury prone RB in football. He's a potential league winner.

Doesn't mean he will be, but he's the kind of guy that every team should be trying to pick up.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is it just me or does it seem like there is a bigger tape delay this year? Previously it felt like the play would happen maybe 2 seconds slower than the stat tracker, now it feels like 30 seconds.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

In redraft what pick would Kyren be worth at the moment?

The current owner is about to be 0-3 and looking to blow his team up for picks next year. I have CMC and Mixon with Herbert as my only other option. I'm probably going to be 1-2 after this week and will either be just in or just outside the playoffs.

The current owner will likely ask for a 1st which is too much imo, I'm thinking a 3rd is about as high as I'd go but not sure if I'm undervaluing Kyren.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Green Gloves posted:

Dont have Roschon but I do got Kendre Miller could he be something? Seems like he was involved pretty heavy but could be phased out by Kamara and Jones.

Jones will be third string behind Kamara and Miller, assuming no injuries.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Tony Jones is not good if that helps anyone.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wonder what percentage of people who had Achane started him? Gotta be single digits.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Why do I get myself mixed up in the Steelers offense every year?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder what percentage of people who had Achane started him? Gotta be single digits.

Yahoo says 2%.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Sleeper has 10% starting

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

and ESPN is 15.6% rostered, 0.6% started, so 3.8%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I feel like a genius for picking up McKinnon as a free agent for an emergency injury fill in today