Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fajita Queen posted:

I think this is demonstrably untrue in some places, unfortunately. Like, being super into Classic WoW for the past ~3 years, it's painfully obvious how we're basically the only large community in that game which doesn't tolerate rampant bigotry. It's really fuckin bad when I hop into a pug GDKP raid or something and get in voice comms.

The internet is really lovely and as bad as certain things have been here at various points, we've done a pretty decent job of keeping out the worst of the lot, or at least making sure they keep that poo poo away from where other goons can see it.

Come to Gaia m’lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

i dont remember this in the attitude era

He is a libertarian.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

Come to Gaia m’lady

It's pretty cool I've already got a bunch of achievement points.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hellioning posted:

He is a libertarian.

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

It took a real long time for Kane to be booted despite his open love for lolicon

Command & Conquer got weird after Tiberian Sun

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fajita Queen posted:

It's pretty cool I've already got a bunch of achievement points.

Add me and I’ll get you guilded

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I mean you can think that other groups are worse than sa but we literally just had a discussion about how SA groups were bad

and some of those people are still around

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
SA guilds are better than completely random groups but worse than a group of your friends. This is useful in case you like to play games your friends don’t

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Modern day SA will expel the worst people, but only if they post, and post with the mask off.

It's not much, but it's something.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It just takes a very long time.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
A lot of the good SA communities have kind of filtered out into separate discords, but the majority of them have long since filtered the batshit crazy out.

I'd say a good 90% of my gaming friends are still goons.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i only really ever played ff14 with goons and DGKK was pretty chill when i was there, and the eurogoon guild is great too, though i mostly only interact with people through FC chat so maybe there's some juicy discord drama i'm missing out on

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I’ve never had a problem finding a fine non-goon guild in games. They pretty much all have descriptions in discords or something and clearly will say if they do not tolerate hate, etc. It’s not hard to find a guild with basic human decency.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

It took a real long time for Kane to be booted despite his open love for lolicon

Remembering what I got probed for, lol

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
anyone played legends of pirate online? i don't think i ever actually played pirates of the caribbean online when it was active but i just found out about it and it's pretty lol. the ship stuff is cool though and i've been having a blast pulling up the sails in my piece of poo poo starter boat and looting poo poo from trading vessels while trying to avoid the level 40 navy frigates ready to one shot me as soon as they get close enough to see i'm a pirate ship

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Literal jack sparrow speaking to you in the very 1st cutscene LOL

So this is a re-launch of the Pirates of the Caribbean online, I'll be damned. Gonna try it

This reminds me of Voyage Century Online, though I can't even seem to find the official page. Game must have shutdown for the Western market

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hy_C posted:

Remembering what I got probed for, lol

lmao thanks kewpuh

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Mr. Pickles posted:

Literal jack sparrow speaking to you in the very 1st cutscene LOL

yup, you wake up in jail, meet jack, he kicks down the door, and you're off. it's good that the game embraces the goofiness imo. community is fairly small but very active. I got invited to a guild within like 10 minutes of spawning into the world and running around after the tutorial. lots of friendly people.

the client is kinda janky though, be warned. make sure you turn off Compressed Textures or you're going to have stuff showing up black in game

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

BitCraft alpha early next year. Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxM9fPK1KU

Bognar
Aug 4, 2011

I am the queen of France
Hot Rope Guy

Sachant posted:

BitCraft alpha early next year. Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxM9fPK1KU

quote:

work together with others to build a new civilization in a single, editable wilderness

So this is just gonna be covered in cocks then?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nah, just big guilds that completely control all the available land.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hellioning posted:

Nah, just big guilds that completely control all the available land.

i appreciate the optimism by saying guilds instead of guild

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

control the land, control the cocks

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Controlling the land by building an unbroken wall of cocks around the good land and using it to kick out anyone you don't like.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
desert cock power

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Muad'dik

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

:getin:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao so I don't know if anyone else here has been keeping an eye on Galaxies of Eden, which was supposed to be a spiritual successor to SWG and explicitly promised to be a more or less beat-for-beat remake with a different setting. welp, they decided they'd rather just run a grift instead, and the game is completely dead. they're selling an AI model instead!

https://galaxiesofeden.com/2023/04/03/09-announcement/

quote:

At this pivotal moment in our journey, we have made the strategic decision to cease the development of the social / classic MMORPG features of Galaxies of Eden. Instead, we are now fully dedicating our resources, passion, and creativity towards building our Machine Learning pipelines and the Orchestrator.

This announcement signifies a major shift in our vision for Galaxies of Eden. While we understand that this change of direction might be disappointing for some, we believe that the extraordinary potential offered by the Orchestrator and it’s related systems justifies our decision to focus on this groundbreaking aspect of the game.

Consequently, we regret to inform you that the development of certain features has been put on hold or discontinued to prioritize the development of the Orchestrator:

Discontinued Features:

Player vs. Player (PVP) combat
Galactic Council
Player Cities
The majority of social features

Postponed Features:

Industrialist play-styles
Artist play-styles

I'm actually kinda mad about this one, I was really looking forward to the possibility of a galaxies-style sandbox not beholden to Star Wars, but it seems that will forever be a mere fantasy

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

lmao that is a completely insane level of gently caress you

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ah, a proprietary AI content generator, something that literally every video game studio not based in a garage is working on as we speak

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

"Creation of cybernetic beings and effectively infinite virtual universes"?

Lol. Lmao, even.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah this is definitely going to be their ticket out of obscurity, they're going to get rich with this scheme - and quickly! the ~50,000 nerds in their thirties to sixties that would have given them $15 a month for the rest of their natural lives simply weren't Exponential enough to attract angel investors or whatever i guess

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

im sold i love cybernetic beings and effectively infinite virtual universes so this is right up my alley

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I really do love how so many nerds follow the exact same pipeline for terrible ideas. Crypto -> NFTs -> AI!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm not investing in your AI video game until you give me a breakdown of your sexbot creation pipeline. That's why people would get on board with this poo poo, because their girlfriend lives in the game.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

We have the technology to make a truly fuckable AI hooked up by Bluetooth to a physical sex toy and VR, and some chumps are still working on making mmos????

It is definitely the future tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that was also posted in april and they havent posted since, and their twitter has 167 followers. im sure this is going great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

kedo posted:

We have the technology to make a truly fuckable AI hooked up by Bluetooth to a physical sex toy and VR, and some chumps are still working on making mmos????

It is definitely the future tho

still holding out that by the time im too old and frail to contribute to society they're just gonna brain dump us into an mmo retirement home