Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Suzuka and Interlagos are insane rollercoaster rides that should never be taken off the calendar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Has there not been a race in the past where a driver was sent back out after retirement to go for the fastest lap

Or was that just a dream during a nap

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wouldn't have made sense unless it was purely to deny someone else the fastest lap

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Skarsnik posted:

Has there not been a race in the past where a driver was sent back out after retirement to go for the fastest lap

I am fairly sure this was one of the many times a driver was pitted for softs late in the race but not after a retirement probably

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

FAUXTON posted:

I am fairly sure this was one of the many times a driver was pitted for softs late in the race but not after a retirement probably

That has definitely happened a lot, but I'm probably just misremembering due to naps

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Napping absolutely rules and I am starting to rediscover it thanks to a combination of Spanish family and a 2 year old niece

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

:yeah:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The only thing funnier with this whole Perez scenario would have been that Perez joins back being lapped what was it, 36 times?
There was a Safety Car and the unlapping procedure puts Perez back on the main race lap, and he over takes somebody to not classify last finisher.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Zedd posted:

The only thing funnier with this whole Perez scenario would have been that Perez joins back being lapped what was it, 36 times?
There was a Safety Car and the unlapping procedure puts Perez back on the main race lap, and he over takes somebody to not classify last finisher.

Perez would be the one to cause the safety car, running somebody off and destroying his third front wing of the race

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
safety car just staying out for dozens of laps while perez unlaps himself 36 times

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
dive bombing the safety car and losing a wing every 3-4 laps

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

Bottas, in one of his completely hosed races, pitted from something like 15th to stop Max getting the fastest lap in 2021. I'm guessing you're thinking of that since it was pointless for him to do so, literally.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
There should be -1 point for the slowest lap and only if you're in the bottom 10

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Bip Roberts posted:

There should be -1 point for the slowest lap and only if you're in the bottom 10
Logan has suffered enough

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

smackfu posted:

You are forgetting this classic.

https://youtu.be/lEbGwEru4o8?si=n_oD12ngRWzXBTU2

Very amused that Formula 1 put the crashing jet pack guy on their YouTube channel.

Lmao

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxdSivboIOk/

Popped up on my Instagram just now. Would absolutely edit this if I had time today god drat.

e: ugh I could probably get the hands to match and everything

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Witeldram posted:

Logan has suffered enough

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

Witeldram posted:

We've suffered Logan enough

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
There we go.

https://i.imgur.com/7OnWbKD.mp4

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pretty happy that McLaren are fighting consistently for podiums again. Shame that Redbull is so far clear of everyone else though and don't seem to have any reliability issues with the exception of Perez.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Charles Leclerc posted:

Suzuka and Interlagos are insane rollercoaster rides that should never be taken off the calendar.

This is probably one of the few things everyone here can agree on.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

ahahaha

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Skarsnik posted:

I could see a team trying it just to take a fastest lap from another team.

Although I assume it would be hard to compete for the fastest lap if the car still is loaded up with fuel for laps you didn't run cause you were in the garage. For the reason, I'd assume it'd be pretty unlikely.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Newey frantically trying to find a fuel dump loophole

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Newey frantically trying to find a fuel dump loophole

they already tried that with Jos. didnt work and now we have to suffer his son

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

quote:

With 543 Career Points, Lando Norris takes the record from Hülkenberg for most points without a win.

Imagine if Lando listened to his team to come in and pit for wet tyres....

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Zedd posted:

The unlapping procedure would put him 35 laps down. You don't get all the laps back.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zedd posted:

Guess it would be comical if they had Perez drive around 30+ laps under the safety car so he could unlap himself.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Sep 25, 2023

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Charles Leclerc posted:

I need to add Baku to this list.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Despite being a Tilkedrome and in America, COTA is a decent track

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Certainly in the top 3 American races this season.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So my brother was doing the math and:

Max WDC1: highly controversial blah blah we know lewis shouldve had it.

Max WDC2: not celebrated properly because of a Charles overtake that hosed the scores

Max WDC3: clinches title during a sprint(?)

Are we missing something?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All Red Bull championships are illegitimate and should not be celebrated

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
True, true.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Max is the hardest worker on the grid and RB fully deserve the drivers’ and constructors’ championships.

Dr Marko, Max and Geri’s husband are awful people who should be banished from all public activities forever.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

All Red Bull championships are illegitimate and should not be celebrated

BUT HERE COMES SEBASTIAN VETTEL

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

max effort max reward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So my brother was doing the math and
Max WDC1: highly controversial blah blah we know lewis shouldve had it.

Max WDC2: not celebrated properly because of a Charles overtake that hosed the scores

Max WDC3: clinches title during a sprint(?)
1 - if you rule Abu Dhabi illegal, a blight on the sport, and erase the result, Max still takes the WDC on countback. An inconvenient truth the #teamLH banshees like to consistently ignore.
2 - Max taking the WDC because of :ferrari: was actually pretty funny
3 - Wow doesn't even need to wait to Sunday to win? Sounds pretty epic.

quote:

Are we missing something?
Some math lessons.