Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It's my understanding that Rise has doggies

You're right though, I'm resisting so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think you have missed the entire point of the Payday franchise. Going loud is possible, but is essentially considered a fail state. Getting a perfect, stealthy, no detection heist is the whole point.
Yep, the entire point of the Payday franchise is to play Left 4 Dead style coop but you shoot cops instead of zombies

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
gently caress me is Jedi Survivor boring.

Like the core gameplay is interesting enough, but it's like they designed a basic corridor game, realised it was too linear and then tacked on all these extra paths that lead you to a collectible. Most of which are just some cosmetic poo poo.

It's getting laughable just how many "shortcuts" you unlock because they're immediately after any puzzle jumping section which the game is littered with.

The worlds are now these giant sprawling things that feel pointless because most of your rewards for exploring any of the linear paths is just another colour for your lightsaber or another beard variant.

I'm sorta enjoying it but it's definitely starting to slog.

The whole thing probably would have been better with more, smaller regions with fewer collectibles.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

kazil posted:

I'd rank base World over base Rise but Sunbreak is way better than Iceborne
i never got around to playing or buying Sunbreak, did anything in particular prompt this conclusion

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ciaphas posted:

i never got around to playing or buying Sunbreak, did anything in particular prompt this conclusion

They didn't add a clutch claw or any rampages

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ah, forgot about that angle

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Rise was an absolute treat on the Nintendo Switch, so I am trying to hold off playing it and Sunbreak on the Steam Deck. I absolutely do not need another "one more level/round/hunt" game right now.

My self control is likely going to regret asking, but did the PC version add anything special? I didn't notice any extra benefits on the Steam page.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Kin posted:

Like the core gameplay is interesting enough, but it's like they designed a basic corridor game, realised it was too linear and then tacked on all these extra paths that lead you to a collectible. Most of which are just some cosmetic poo poo.

It's getting laughable just how many "shortcuts" you unlock because they're immediately after any puzzle jumping section which the game is littered with.

The worlds are now these giant sprawling things that feel pointless because most of your rewards for exploring any of the linear paths is just another colour for your lightsaber or another beard variant.

The whole thing probably would have been better with more, smaller regions with fewer collectibles.

Yeah, that was kind of my experience too. It wasn't bad, just lost my interest quickly.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Logiart Grimoire:

i have decided that 30x30 is Too Big for picross

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The one I play on my phone goes up to 80x80

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

i googled it and what the gently caress

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Kin posted:

Yeah p much. Pretty though, when performance isnt hitching

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

deep dish peat moss posted:

Rise is cool but World is a straight-up better game, play it first!!

please don't recommend self-harm to other people by way of clutch claw

worst loving mechanic in any monster hunter game

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Ragequit posted:

Rise was an absolute treat on the Nintendo Switch, so I am trying to hold off playing it and Sunbreak on the Steam Deck. I absolutely do not need another "one more level/round/hunt" game right now.

My self control is likely going to regret asking, but did the PC version add anything special? I didn't notice any extra benefits on the Steam page.

If nothing else, there are some nice mods on PC. Like, ever been annoyed waiting for the 60 second timer to tick down after you hunt a monster? There's a mod that lets you skip it with a button press. Bunch of stuff like that.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Arghhh my brain is doing the thing again. I want to play monster hunter. I own and enjoy monster hunter world. I want to start a new character and play from scratch. But my brain is all "unless you buy iceborne you can't even install it. Complete the game or bust" I know Iceborne is endgame content! aaa!

I keep buying Paradox DLCs during sales because any day now I'll start another game of EU4 and then it needs to be complete.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
World/Iceborne is infinitely better than Rise/Sunbreak. Sunbreak had some great ideas with the AI companions and Rise's switch skills are great but the game's progression sucks and gearing up is both tedious and unrewarding.

Far too many things in Rise, not even late-game gear, require grinding for rare materials that can be a chore to get. While some people might argue that's "classic" monhun, World did a fantastic job of keeping it enjoyable by letting you target specific loot tables through investigations or straight up skipping the grind by doing enough daily quests instead. World also had a lot more fights where you needed to gear up/get specific resistances and accomplishing that felt a lot better than just plowing through Rise/Sunbreak right up until post-game.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I plowed through most of World without changing up gear other than just getting bigger numbers.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I liked World more because it felt a lot more grounded and you spent more time actually hunting the monster.

Rise is also good but it feels like a completely different kind of game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like rise because of how it did lance dirty. i don't want to manage the cooldown for a big damage special move. i want to poke, block, counter and hop! and well, world's still right there and has a pretty active player base.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't like rise because of how it did lance dirty. i don't want to manage the cooldown for a big damage special move. i want to poke, block, counter and hop! and well, world's still right there and has a pretty active player base.

The Lance got absolutely hosed in Rise. Almost every other weapon got everything unique that Lance had and Lance didn't get poo poo.
I was so pissed about it I ended up playing the whole game with LBG's instead, despite maining Lance in World.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
I just got an email confirmation for a purchase for Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered on GOG. Which is strange because I already owned it on there. Changed my password but looking at the subreddit, it seems to be happening to many people.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The horror of being forced to own a David Cage game.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Koburn posted:

I just got an email confirmation for a purchase for Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered on GOG. Which is strange because I already owned it on there. Changed my password but looking at the subreddit, it seems to be happening to many people.

I've suffered a lot of identity theft including LinkedIn, which I never use.

Easy to guess password or something but I went and did 2FA to stop them changing my first name to Annie and my profile pic from being a cute girl. I am not cute and I use Graham Chapman from a Monty Python sketch as my pic because I've always thought LinkedIn was very silly and they should just stop.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Koburn posted:

Sounds like all the buyers of the original are receiving the remaster for free and this is what the purchase confirmation is about.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Jack Trades posted:

The horror of being forced to own a David Cage game.

it worse than that, it's the same game twice

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is there a mod everyone uses in Monster Hunter Rise that auto-likes all of your teammates after an online hunt to make sure everyone gets the bonus points? The few times I played that game online using the heavy bowgun it would say all three other players liked my performance, and I didn't even know that was a thing you could do at first. I thought I'd just done a really good job keeping people's health up with my healing bullets, but that's just something everyone sees, isn't it?

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Zetsubou-san posted:

it worse than that, it's the same game twice

A cage within a cage, if you will.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

BoldFace posted:

Sounds like all the buyers of the original are receiving the remaster for free and this is what the purchase confirmation is about.

Yeah this is it, but hilariously the purchase confirmation lists a price, and shows up in your order history as a purchase costing ten bucks. I also got worried and changed my password before thinking to check the subreddit.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i think everyone just thumbs up everyone else in rise multiplayer unless someone is catastrophically bad at the game or spams annoying stickers

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Ghostlight posted:

The one I play on my phone goes up to 80x80

Conceptis Puzzles has "mega" puzzles that hit like 100x80 and are meant to be broken up.

It's a cool site if you like puzzles, lots of puzzle types, each one gets a free weekly puzzle every Friday.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Not sure if there's a thread for it but My Time at Sandrock just put out an update about their 1.0 price increase 3 days from now. It will be $40 (or I assume ~40EUR) but it is currently available at fanatical for around $15 or 18EUR. Is it worth grabbing it? I ... am kind of ambivalent about My time at Portia. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't wow me either.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Dackel posted:

Not sure if there's a thread for it but My Time at Sandrock just put out an update about their 1.0 price increase 3 days from now. It will be $40 (or I assume ~40EUR) but it is currently available at fanatical for around $15 or 18EUR. Is it worth grabbing it? I ... am kind of ambivalent about My time at Portia. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't wow me either.

I played a bit of Sandrock when it came out in EA a year or so ago. It's basically more Portia, but with QoL improvments. Things were more streamlined like not needing mats in your personal inventory to make make metal bars or whatever (it will pull from any chests you have, but for "finished" items, you need to have each component in your inventory), and the mining stuff I remember being a lot less tedious.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Dackel posted:

Sandrock is a lot more of the same from what I've seen of it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://nintendoeverything.com/hideki-kamiya-to-leave-platinumgames-next-month/
Later shitlords!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

kazil posted:

Sandrock is a lot more of the same from what I've seen of it.

More of the same, but I'd also argue a much improved version of the same. The general gameplay loop is still the same, but just about everything got a major dose of polish and generally feels more finished and cohesive compared to Portia.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was trying to figure out why the hell my Ubisoft client kept opening automatically in my taskbar even though I had the "Start with windows" setting off, turns out there's a new (?) setting in the Xbox gamepass app that links them together so even though you're not playing an ubisoft game, it still just seemed to open the launcher in the background regardless. You can disable this setting under Settings > Extensions > Ubisoft Connect PC if you noticed this as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dackel posted:

I’m seeing it for $20 on fanatical where do you get the $15 from?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Koburn posted:

They just sent out an apology email about this. Yep, turns out they gave old buyers the new game, but hosed up something in the process so it shows up like a purchase and not a gift. But they say no money ever got deducted, it's just a visual issue.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFs4JRB-FC0

also yea Sandrock is quite more polished over Portia, and the amount of content in it is... there's just so much, despite the actual open world not being super large. my playthrough of Acts 1 & 2 ran 70 hours and now the third act is landing. they definitely put a bit more effort into the NPCs, not just in terms of personality but also their quests

the load times are still awful however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2434320/view/5562564282369547297

The steam page has a free daily reward (e.g. stickers)