Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A little more info about the GCCX 1+2 re-release on the Switch from a Famitsu interview with Arino.

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1705193583828250772

The Twitter thread has the dot-points, but if you can't read it:

• The title screen is a bizarrely-realistic recreation of the challenge room in 3D! Originally the cables were a lot messier, but Arino told them Abe wouldn't allow such a messy setup.
  • There's about 400 new lines of dialogue from Arino, including a 80's kids anime credits song basically written on the spot by one of the Indieszero guys.
  • The new game in the collection has a lot of new lines for Arino reacting to the different enemies. At first he went for laughs, but he asked for a retake so he could go for realistic reactions to each situation. Acting!
  • Arino recently guested on another comedian's gaming-centric Youtube channel and they were all "You paved the way for us!" which Arino found amusing considering just how much higher-tech their setup was compared to GCCX's. He felt like Master Roshi remininscing about the days when he was the world's strongest...
  • The TGS demo of the collection will have three of the minigames available: Robot Prince Haggleman from the first game, and Demon Returns and Star Prince SA from the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
It's a good thing the Switch is region free so I can at least grab a copy off of the Japanese eShop. Is there a release date yet?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Got some nice traction on the flower funding! We're at over $400 currently. I'm thinking of asking them to add balloons.

Flags represented as of 9/22: Canada, USA, Mexico, Portugal, Poland, UK, Australia, Finland, New Zealand, Sweden, Belgium

Also, I'm attending the 20th anniversary show so I'll be able to get a nice pic of the arrangement again.

10/09 UPDATE: I am done crowdfunding and have ordered the flowers, so I won't be accepting any more donations. Thanks!

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 10, 2023

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Just sent some cash, thanks so much for doing this.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Should get individual us state flags on there too

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

mikeycp posted:

Should get individual us state flags on there too

That'd just be confusing, there's like three people outside of the US who recognize those.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Kanfy posted:

That'd just be confusing, there's like three people outside of the US who recognize those.

:sickos:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The merchandise for the Saitama Event has been revealed

https://gccx20th.jp/

(menu button under Goods)

They'll be for sale online from midnight October 1st through 11:59 P.M. October 15th, but no mention if they ship internationally (unlikely, sadly, given precedent. )

I really need the tote bag if nothing else - I have it's twin brother from the Budokan event twn years ago, and it's still going strong, despite almost daily use. My lunch and water bottle, full, and then empty cans of booze, changes of clothes and diapers for my kids, story books from the library for said kids, it's been a trooper for ten years.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

The merchandise for the Saitama Event has been revealed

https://gccx20th.jp/

Is one of the T-shirt designs by zari-gani? Picture is too tiny to figure out, but it sort of looks like her art.

makere fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 25, 2023

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Anyone going? Still tickets available so maybe i should.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

makere posted:

Is one of the T-shirt designs by zari-gani? Picture is too tiny to figure out, but it sort of looks like her art.

Indeed it is!

Mister Chief posted:

Anyone going? Still tickets available so maybe i should.

If I can scrape up the train fare, I plan to go. Been a lot of expenses lately, and family first, so hard to say.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

Indeed it is!

If I can scrape up the train fare, I plan to go. Been a lot of expenses lately, and family first, so hard to say.

I owe you a beer so let me know.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

makere posted:

She talked about it a little on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1701752855286395252

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1701753156185772335

https://twitter.com/spacecoyotl/status/1701755721522860216

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Finally caught up on the latest eps, well done all and I hope there's more Udon eps in existence else they need to get Kibe in a series of increasingly inscrutable disguises to justify a Ramen/Somen/Soba/etc corner in the future as the hunger stoking factor was/is unreal somehow.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Is Abe still making his culinary contributions? I think he stopped updating his recipe blog a long time ago.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

ExiledTinkerer posted:

They need to get Kibe in a series of increasingly inscrutable disguises to justify a Ramen/Somen/Soba/etc corner in the future as the hunger stoking factor was/is unreal somehow.

Disagree, after that mess of the MGS episode, I think the writer should focus on writing (there's probably just more money in having him in front of the camera, middle-aged ladies go bonkers for him at events.)

Hirayuki posted:

Is Abe still making his culinary contributions? I think he stopped updating his recipe blog a long time ago.

Not since 2020 or so, make the writer write, but let the cameraman cook, his recipes were good and surprisingly easy to make.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 26, 2023

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/brizobst/status/1707691648694808830

locationscouts
Aug 23, 2023
Hello, LocationScouts is currently looking for people interested in translating, timing, or typesetting episodes of Game Center CX. DM or email us if you are interested in helping us out.

You can find more info below:
pastebin.com/raw/w8iyKb9y

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

locationscouts posted:

Hello, LocationScouts is currently looking for people interested in translating, timing, or typesetting episodes of Game Center CX. DM or email us if you are interested in helping us out.

You can find more info below:
pastebin.com/raw/w8iyKb9y

Good luck with your search, I hope you find some great people to look with.

The Saitama Event is less than a month away, and one title is still a secret.
Who wants to guess? I thinking Space Channel 5, encouraging the audience to sing/chant along.

locationscouts
Aug 23, 2023

Kakaricho posted:

Good luck with your search, I hope you find some great people to look with.

The Saitama Event is less than a month away, and one title is still a secret.
Who wants to guess? I thinking Space Channel 5, encouraging the audience to sing/chant along.

Thank you. We've already received some interest. On a related note, I sent you an email.

As for Space Channel 5, I think that'd be pretty fun. Klonoa's final boss is my guess, given the closing remarks in that episode.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

locationscouts posted:

Thank you. We've already received some interest. On a related note, I sent you an email.

Replied!

quote:

As for Space Channel 5, I think that'd be pretty fun. Klonoa's final boss is my guess, given the closing remarks in that episode.

Challenged failed in the last five years, very easy to get a crowd involved, it really sticks out as a candidate.

locationscouts
Aug 23, 2023
Thanks! I'll take a look and probably send a follow-up soon.

Also, for everyone wanting to be in the loop before Saitama...

code:
Game Center CX #326 - Back to 1999 “Tokyo Bus Guide: Starting Today, You’re the Driver”

Season 25 Episode 10 | PlayStation 2 | Success (Developer) | 2001
Original airdate: October 28, 2021

Translation: Squeaky
Proofreading: Tokidoki Memorial, Skye, Specter
Typesetting: Skye, Specter, witchymary
Timing: Ephemeral, Specter, Skye
Video Encoding: Skye
Special thanks & Shoutouts: GooseCanyon, GCCX General Pastebin, vaildusername16 & Random Stranger

"Tokyo to San Francisco,
An intercity disco"

(Flashing lights warning at 43:30)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:927dd2bf47491254bba0ffcf4416f4c8b5fa9c82&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23326%20-%20Tokyo%20Bus%20Guide%3A%20Starting%20Today%2C%20You%27re%20the%20Driver%20%5BLocationScouts%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce:
Magnet in code block above or available via Nyaa torrent

locationscouts fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 3, 2023

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

That looks like a good one. I mean they're all good. But an ever gooder one.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Is anyone else having an issue of not seeing any seeds for this torrent?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Worked fine for me just now fwiw

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Yeah, the issue was on my end. After some Googling and checking the logs, I realized it's a problem I've encountered before: for some reason, qBittorrent occasionally forgets how to connect to my VPN, and I have to change the network interface from ProtonVPN to ProtonVPN. It's downloading now.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
This episode is Peak GCCX. The real top shelf stuff!

skyegccx
Sep 5, 2023

locationscouts posted:

code:
Game Center CX #326 - Back to 1999 “Tokyo Bus Guide: Starting Today, You’re the Driver”

Season 25 Episode 10 | PlayStation 2 | Success (Developer) | 2001
Original airdate: October 28, 2021

Translation: Squeaky
Proofreading: Tokidoki Memorial, Skye, Specter
Typesetting: Skye, Specter, witchymary
Timing: Ephemeral, Specter, Skye
Video Encoding: Skye
Special thanks & Shoutouts: GooseCanyon, GCCX General Pastebin, vaildusername16 & Random Stranger
After doing the typesetting for this episode, I now understand the pain of those who did typesetting for the Go by Train! episodes.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

skyegccx posted:

After doing the typesetting for this episode, I now understand the pain of those who did typesetting for the Go by Train! episodes.

Thank you!

Awesome episode it was.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

skyegccx posted:

I cheerfully did the typesetting for that one as a big Densha de Go fan.

Now the quiz episodes...

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Having begun watching GCCX from TV-Nihon days, I could never imagine that I would be able to watch so many episodes of it with subtitles, I was fully expecting to watch one episode per year back then.

Thank you to everyone who has been involved in making the TV show accessible.

Also special mention to zari-gani, going from fansubing, to fanart, to official dvd translation and to official art for the series.
This saga is one of the most awesome things I've witnessed to happen.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

I cheerfully did the typesetting for that one as a big Densha de Go fan.

Now the quiz episodes...

i crave more of both

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

mikeycp posted:

i crave more of both

Well good news, Tokyo Bus Annai is very similar to DdG so there's one right there.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yayyy

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

locationscouts posted:

Thanks! I'll take a look and probably send a follow-up soon.

I have to admit, this was the first time just watching a game gave me anxiety.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Thanks to everyone who helped with the flowers! Donations haven't been coming in for a while, so I went ahead and placed the order.

Together we raised 442.13 USD, or roughly 65,700 yen (the currency exchange rate is in our favour this time!). I ordered the 60,000 yen 2-tier arrangement (66,000 yen with tax), so it should be another extravagant bouquet.

Here's the banner I drew. Nice assortment of countries represented, as always! I like how there are new flags each time we do this.

The Japanese text simply reads "GCCX 20th Anniversary Celebration 2023" and "To Chief Arino and all the staff, from fans around the world."

Special kudos to everyone keeping the subbing efforts going so that non-JP-speaking fans can continue watching.

ETA: Oh also, I asked about adding balloons but they're afraid of them popping during shipment so I decided to pass on those.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 10, 2023

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

zari-gani posted:

Thanks to everyone who helped with the flowers! Donations haven't been coming in for a while, so I went ahead and placed the order.

Together we raised 442.13 USD, or roughly 65,700 yen (the currency exchange rate is in our favour this time!). I ordered the 60,000 yen 2-tier arrangement (66,000 yen with tax), so it should be another extravagant bouquet.

Here's the banner I drew. Nice assortment of countries represented, as always! I like how there are new flags each time we do this.

The Japanese text simply reads "GCCX 20th Anniversary Celebration 2023" and "To Chief Arino and all the staff, from fans around the world."

Special kudos to everyone keeping the subbing efforts going so that non-JP-speaking fans can continue watching.

That looks fantastic! Thank you for doing the organizing again!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gorgeous banner! Thank you so much for keeping this tradition alive!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
What an awesome banner and testament to this wild ride enduring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I had a bit of deja vu when Arino got to the really tight corner near the end of the second route he played. Was there a driving game or something that he played that put him in a similar situation? I don't think I've seen this unsubbed...