Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Season 6 end of Law and Order was pretty wild and the first episode of season 7 is the first time they did the thing where they gave a vignette on the actual crime as it's committed.

:350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Holy poo poo I forgot how dirty they did Jill Hennessey. :(

Even Chris Noth just got Poochie'd to bring a beat cop off screen.

I also somehow completely Carey Lowell was even in Law and Order.

Edit:

And holy poo poo I can't believe I forgot about her. She's more bloodthirsty than McCoy

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 23, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I dont usually react to edibles just ate a 3rd of a 1500mg tangerine thing let's see

welcome to hell

just kidding

you wish this was hell, instead it's white castle.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

welcome to hell

just kidding

you wish this was hell, instead it's white castle.

Hell is what you make it

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
not much going on so far just chillin playing new vegas punchin cazadores

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Carth Dookie posted:

I dub thee Toke Tower.

:350:

There must be an adaptor for putting the Vaphit Zen pipe in my Rogue. And I will find it

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My good friend got paid yesterday and I convinced him to pull the trigger on the volcano hybrid he has always wanted. I gave him all my points for the local (excellent) head shop and he got it for 360 notes.

We went home to mine and with my wife we all got high as poo poo on the hilarious weed balloon, recovered a bit, rode our bikes to the local country pub for a meal, rode home, got high as poo poo again, plumbed it into the bong and got even higher, then we watched the new Barbie movie on the big projector.

Wife and I are already planning on getting one for the house, that thing is amazing. The vapour is so smooth and nice.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wachter posted:

There must be an adaptor for putting the Vaphit Zen pipe in my Rogue. And I will find it

Don't think an adapter is needed:

I wrapped some of the o-rings that come with the vaphit around the stem (see the orange rubber)

It makes the seal between the vaphit and the rogue airtight. I did some dry pulls with it and it seemed to work. Air was definitely being pulled through the rogue heating chamber and into the vaphit stem.

Test it and let me know if it works? I'm out for the night.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 23, 2023

Vakal
May 11, 2008
just curious, is the oil stuff or whatever it is called that is used in 510 THC/CBD cartridges the same as what they use in nicotine vape cartridges?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Vakal posted:

just curious, is the oil stuff or whatever it is called that is used in 510 THC/CBD cartridges the same as what they use in nicotine vape cartridges?

Sometimes, it depends. IME the cheapest carts are usually just thinned-out BHO, with the next tier having the "flavors" of the nicotine carts, and then fancy solventless carts are basically pure hash oil.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Thanks. I like 510 THC as it only takes 2-3 pulls to get me where I want to be with no fuss or clean up after - but even doing that once or twice a week makes my throat feel rough for days.

Then I see people with nicotine vapes sucking on the things steady all day and I wonder how they do it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

Don't think an adapter is needed:

I wrapped some of the o-rings that come with the vaphit around the stem (see the orange rubber)

It makes the seal between the vaphit and the rogue airtight. I did some dry pulls with it and it seemed to work. Air was definitely being pulled through the rogue heating chamber and into the vaphit stem.

Test it and let me know if it works? I'm out for the night.

So I put this to the test and it works.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

How’s the clean up on the rogue if you use it right side up? I use mine upside down with the wpa and cleaning is easy

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Vakal posted:

Thanks. I like 510 THC as it only takes 2-3 pulls to get me where I want to be with no fuss or clean up after - but even doing that once or twice a week makes my throat feel rough for days.

Then I see people with nicotine vapes sucking on the things steady all day and I wonder how they do it.

is your temp adjustable? sounds like it’s too high

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Carth Dookie posted:

So I put this to the test and it works.

Hell yeah it does. Thanks!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Vakal posted:

No, not at all. Roughly 90% of what’s in a nicotine vape is either vegetable glycerine or propylene glycol, or a combination of the two.

Most THC carts will contain neither. Some cheaper ones may contain some propylene glycol, but in much smaller concentrations.

I assume you’re talking about legal carts.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Dick Fontaine posted:

is your temp adjustable? sounds like it’s too high

Ah, I just have a plain dumb pen. I'll have to look into something with heating options later.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I assume you’re talking about legal carts.

Yeah. I'm assuming pure hash oil is the gold standard?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Pure cannabis extract would be. I don’t know exactly what hash oil is.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Brain Curry posted:

How’s the clean up on the rogue if you use it right side up? I use mine upside down with the wpa and cleaning is easy

super easy if you use the dosing caps, which you should, OP

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
So are gravity bongs just paying 600 dollars for the bong suck for you?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I used to make grav bongs with an old diet coke bottle and like a weird little socket thing from the hardware store for like $2. Actually the second time I did the weed ever, it was one of them. Magical.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Macichne Leainig posted:

super easy if you use the dosing caps, which you should, OP

I’m using them and they own. I’m cleaning the screen, the washer, and the wpa maybe once a week when they get full of reclaim and the rest of it seems to stay perfectly clean

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gonna smoke some weed in an old school pipe that is too close to my nose

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Hellblazer187 posted:

I used to make grav bongs with an old diet coke bottle and like a weird little socket thing from the hardware store for like $2.
This is the way (need a 2L).

I bought one of these a long time ago and I had it for maybe two weeks before someone broke it at a party.

Also, nothing beats the apple pipe for something quick in a pinch.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Broken another pipe dropping it on the tiles that makes number six or something is it time to spend $100 on
an unbreakable pipe with magnets in it?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

i am harry posted:

Broken another pipe dropping it on the tiles that makes number six or something is it time to spend $100 on
an unbreakable pipe with magnets in it?

Your local headshop will sell metal pipes.

Also stop smoking weed like thor.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

My house is just nothing but marble floor tiles on every surface

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Get some glass that’s like 10mm thick. Is US Tubes still around? Did they ever make ridiculously thick little pipes?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

that'd just shatter the tile when it inevitably goes groundward

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

i am harry posted:

My house is just nothing but marble floor tiles on every surface
Why are we focusing on the tiles and not the fact that dropping things should happen less

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Do any of y'all gently caress with tincture? I've read you can make it by putting the alcohol/weed mixture either in the freezer for a few days or in heat for like 20 minutes. Or just letting it sit for weeks room temp.

The laziest process I use:
* toss an unmeasured amount of weed and trim into a bigass pan, cover it with olive oil to submersion, simmer over low heat ~2hrs, strain. Now you have Redneck Weed Oil.

Less lazy process:
* toss a carefully measured amount of weed into cold water with butter in a large saucepan at a ratio of 1/2oz weed per 1 stick butter, and having plenty of water. Simmer over low heat for several hours, covered or mostly covered, making sure to add additional water as needed.
* once this is done, pour through a cheescloth to strain out weed, and pour into a glass casserole dish such that the water depth is ~1" or so (more is fine, less is too thin)
* put that in the fridge
* in 24hrs, the butter layer will have formed a hard crust on top. also, all the THC is in the butter. poke a hole in it and pour all the water out. Now you have pretty normal cannabutter.

What I actually do for my own tincture:
* using closed-loop ethanol extraction, turn ~4oz weed into ~12g of shatter
* take 4g of shatter, toss it in a small mason jar, decarb that in a crock pot for 8-12hrs, burping every couple hrs and stopping when burping fails to yield bubbling
* to our 4g of decarbed oil, add 56ml of MCT or olive oil. Seal, toss in crock pot for a few mins, then shake the gently caress out of it
* pour out into dropper bottles. Now we have tincture that is ~66mg/ml shatter (THC mg is of course less and depends on purity of source material, and is not knowable without lab testing).

My spouse and dad take 2-4 drops of this stuff and get high; I take 30-60.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Cage posted:

Why are we focusing on the tiles and not the fact that dropping things should happen less

I smoked in the bathtub and knocked a pipe off the edge onto the tiles within the first two days of living here. There’s freaking tiles in the hallway there’s tiles in the kitchen it’s like eating spaghetti in a white shirt

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
if people didnt drop their glass, the entire industry would cease to exist overnight

there is a reason your local head shops have hundreds of pieces, 90% of them will be dropped at some point

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'm willing to die on this hill of "maybe try dropping things less" until I smoke a weed and not care.

Ok I don't care. Do a weed.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If I had my own house and lived alone all my floors would be judo mats. I think people should consider just making bouncy but firm flooring solutions for themselves in case of dropped products and/or people. I would also someday like to have a bedroom that is simply wall to wall mattress.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

During World War I, Wittgenstein saw a shipment of prosthetic limbs being sent to the front line. This shipment made him realize that the military had already anticipated and accounted for a certain number of casualties and amputations. In other words, the military's logistical planning implicitly accepted that a particular number of soldiers would lose limbs, even before they were injured.

So keep a spare bong on hand, it takes forever to wait on the slow boat from China without a spare on hand.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Get one of those silicone pipes or bongs. Watch it bounce.

My favorite bowl is borosilicate glass, but I'm not going to try and test it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Get this one

https://aqualabtechnologies.com/products/themed-silicone-hand-pipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I have a really cheap silicone bong. It's big enough to put ice in. It's super thin, you can fold it for travel or whatever. It cost $15.