Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I guess I hit the poo poo Lottery because I faced Achane in 2/5 leagues. And Mostert in two of the others!

And actually have Mostert in the last one, so small blessing but still. gently caress me, 40+ nukes getting dropped on my teams everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I started Tlaw, Gibbs, and Kelley today because Eke is dead. I like what I saw out of Sun god and Amari and I'm confident Nakua will keep it up but...well, I'm just glad I can start Kamara next week.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

I guess I hit the poo poo Lottery because I faced Achane in 2/5 leagues. And Mostert in two of the others!

And actually have Mostert in the last one, so small blessing but still. gently caress me, 40+ nukes getting dropped on my teams everywhere.

Perhaps you should have a better team.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Perhaps you should have a better team.

Maybe you should have a better face! :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Maybe you should have a better face! :colbert:

The shrimp store called, they’re all out of jerks!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Who is the grab from LAC with Mike Williams dead, QJ or Palmer?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m looking forward to half of my offense not being dead so I can join the rest of my league in scoring 100-115pts instead of my current *peeks at yahoo fantasy* 86pts

At least I can always count on Goff and Jefferson

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Green Gloves posted:

My opponent started Achane against me last week and proceeded to drop him.

That has to be one of the most painful feelings.

Lol I did the same. Dropped Achane and kept Jeff Wilson Jr - the other other Miami rb

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Stop, stop, it hurts too much :gonk:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diqnol posted:

I started Tlaw, Gibbs, and Kelley today because Eke is dead. I like what I saw out of Sun god and Amari and I'm confident Nakua will keep it up but...well, I'm just glad I can start Kamara next week.

I feel bad cause I suggested you should start Tlaw and uh yeah. If it's any consolation in the league where I have him I got shitstomped. I don't know what the hell is going on with the Jags man, I thought they were going to be lighting it up but turns out "it" was a dumpster fire behind a Jacksonville Arbys

Anti-Hero posted:

Who is the grab from LAC with Mike Williams dead, QJ or Palmer?

Mike Williams got hurt? I missed that. Sucks rear end cause he is such a cool and fun player but got drat dude is injured ALL THE TIME. I actually really wanted to draft him this year but he got sniped even sooner than I was willing to take him in every draft. Saved from myself I guess.

Thank you for my DFS cash today, Big Mike, we will never forget that sick flea flicker from Keenan :911:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
So Najee is just a straight-up drop now, right? I'd even rather keep Allgeier long-term because at least Allgeier has seen the end zone this year

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Do I drop Allegeier for Kamara now that he’s off suspension, or do I keep him and pray for better matchups?

I have Montegomery (injured for now) and Jacobs, but so far only Monty is anything approaching consistent

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Docjowles posted:

I feel bad cause I suggested you should start Tlaw and uh yeah. If it's any consolation in the league where I have him I got shitstomped. I don't know what the hell is going on with the Jags man, I thought they were going to be lighting it up but turns out "it" was a dumpster fire behind a Jacksonville Arbys

Mike Williams got hurt? I missed that. Sucks rear end cause he is such a cool and fun player but got drat dude is injured ALL THE TIME. I actually really wanted to draft him this year but he got sniped even sooner than I was willing to take him in every draft. Saved from myself I guess.

Thank you for my DFS cash today, Big Mike, we will never forget that sick flea flicker from Keenan :911:

Yeah its a head scratcher. Pederson is a good cosch, tlaw took a step forward last year, ridley is very talented, yet somehow they can’t avoid 3 and out like 50% of the time. I really don’t know what to make of it!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder what percentage of people who had Achane started him? Gotta be single digits.

I last minute subbed him in as my second flex, for Craig reynolds. In another league I wish I had started over Najee or Joshua Kelley. If I had I could have started both Mostert and Achane. It’d been the best matchup I’ve probably ever had.

So… yeah, if I was considering Craig reynolds over achane… then I doubt many started achane this week.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Vargo posted:

So Najee is just a straight-up drop now, right? I'd even rather keep Allgeier long-term because at least Allgeier has seen the end zone this year

I’m officially out on Najee. Never thought I’d say it. He’s a bench in dynasty for me now.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Oh my god I just got around to looking at the picks in my survivor league. We just lost over half of the pool who had the Jags, Ravens, or Cowboys LMFAOOOOO

I, a sophisticated football watcher, was on the Patriots of course :smuggo: Imagine ever not betting on Belichick over Jets in general, and over Zach Wilson in a rain storm in particular

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 25, 2023

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

coronaball posted:

I am in the same boat, but you don't just flat drop your QB with an ADP of 44 after 2 games for any of those guys. Maybe for Cousins or Stafford or Goff, but not that trash.

Like it or not, we get to run Fields out one more time while Richardson's brain gets better.

quote:

:sigh:

I'm coming for you when he has 90 yards and 3 INTs though!!!

99 yards and an INT, but :argh:

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Started 2-0 in my main league, despite Burrow’s bad start.

My genius decision today? “Ehhh, he’s questionable on MNF. I don’t want to chance it, or have to start/get sniped on his backup, and I’m hosed”

So, I started Carr. :smithicide:

Had Baker all set for an add/drop, but second guessed it. Welp, it is what it is. Though, it prob wouldn’t have mattered anyways, as Davante dropped 47 and change on me. Down 52.48 with Rachaad White to go. Definitely got a… <.1% chance.

TL;DR I’m an idiot for starting Carr, as I thought he was due for some dumb reason.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I had fields and needed a backup QB in the draft and remembered some random good posted a tweet about how Tua was now rolling sideways instead of falling on his head and so I was like ok that sounds promising so drafted him and now feeling good.

Also managed to bench Kelley this week but Rhomandre Stevens is joining him in all likelihood next week.

8 person leagues are such silly things.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Rick Grimes posted:

Started 2-0 in my main league, despite Burrow’s bad start.

My genius decision today? “Ehhh, he’s questionable on MNF. I don’t want to chance it, or have to start/get sniped on his backup, and I’m hosed”

So, I started Carr. :smithicide:

Had Baker all set for an add/drop, but second guessed it. Welp, it is what it is. Though, it prob wouldn’t have mattered anyways, as Davante dropped 47 and change on me. Down 52.48 with Rachaad White to go. Definitely got a… <.1% chance.

TL;DR I’m an idiot for starting Carr, as I thought he was due for some dumb reason.

I mean, Carr got hurt like less than halfway through the game. I don't think you need to beat yourself up over this one, poo poo happens :shrug: Who knows what would have happened if he played the full game.

It's still totally possible Burrow is out, has to leave the game, or just sucks for injury or whatever random reason too

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 25, 2023

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Wish I had just decided to drop Kendre Miller two nights ago and grabbed Tank Dell. Didnt listen to my feelings damnit. Balanced roster be damned (only got McCaffrey and K9).

Think I remember hearing that Stroud wanted the Texans to draft Tank. With the amount of times they throw theres definitely enough volume for Nico, Tank and Bobby Trees just might be hard to predict whos gonna be going off week to week.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Is it time to get a backup qb in 1qb leagues if you have Lawrence?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I kind of feel bad for other guys in my league. The #1 and #2 scoring teams are playing each other, and the #3 (me hopefully after tonight) and the #4 guy is my opponent. Putting up 130-140 points and still losing is tough.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

ferroque posted:

Is it time to get a backup qb in 1qb leagues if you have Lawrence?

I started Tua over him, and will again next week.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Freezer posted:

I started Tua over him, and will again next week.

The qbs on the waiver wire available to me are like Geno, Love, Mayfield, Stroud, Jones, Purdy etc

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ferroque posted:

The qbs on the waiver wire available to me are like Geno, Love, Mayfield, Stroud, Jones, Purdy etc

Geno, Love and Purdy should be owned in most leagues. Purdy should be starting in many. Stroud may be very good after week 4, ROS, if his OL heals.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I kind of feel bad for other guys in my league. The #1 and #2 scoring teams are playing each other, and the #3 (me hopefully after tonight) and the #4 guy is my opponent. Putting up 130-140 points and still losing is tough.

Yeah this feels like a week where there will be a lot of frustrated owners calling on their league to add the Weekly Points W/L format next season.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Mike Williams probably out for the season

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Oh my god I just got around to looking at the picks in my survivor league. We just lost over half of the pool who had the Jags, Ravens, or Cowboys LMFAOOOOO

I, a sophisticated football watcher, was on the Patriots of course :smuggo: Imagine ever not betting on Belichick over Jets in general, and over Zach Wilson in a rain storm in particular

I picked the Pats in my suicide pool as well while the field went mostly with the Jags and Cowboys. You're gonna have to pick the Pats at some point why not when they play the Zach Wilson Jets? If not then, when?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I picked the Pats in my suicide pool as well while the field went mostly with the Jags and Cowboys. You're gonna have to pick the Pats at some point why not when they play the Zach Wilson Jets? If not then, when?

I was the lone NE picker in my league for work. Lost half the pool to Jag and Dallas pickers. Almost tempted to pick Denver against Chicago next week. The Bears are so, so, so bad.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Keenan Allen carried me to victory this week.

Hoofa gonna need to reconsider the Jags D, that was atrocious.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Sweated it out with my Seattle pick in Eliminator but got there in the end

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

One matchup in my league (.5ppr 12 team standard scoring league, where avg is like 100 points) is projected to finish 170 to 180. Guy has Mostert, Mahomes, Kelce and will still lose. Buffalo defense carrying the high scoring team. Brutal.

I'm projected for 167

Lot of blow outs in the nfl this week. Crazy.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

pmchem posted:

Geno, Love and Purdy should be owned in most leagues. Purdy should be starting in many. Stroud may be very good after week 4, ROS, if his OL heals.

Hell I am considering dropping Dimes for Stroud this week. He’s not going to be my top choice but he’ll be in the pool of claims. I can’t deal with a floor of 3 points every week

Only problem is both he and Love have byes in like the next 3 weeks

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

My opponent is finished for the week, is up on me by 8 points in .5 ppr. I still have White, Swift, Puka, and PHI D/ST left to play tonight. If I can't squeeze 8 points out of those four then I guess I deserve to lose.

Also, just while I'm here, major thanks to Drunk Nerdsfor providing resources and all the other goons who have helped with advice. Still a novice but feel like I've got a solid grasp of things. Tuesdays are quickly becoming my 3rd favorite day of the week, love working those waivers.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Kenny Pickett performed just well enough to put me in a bind. I've had him on the bench as a backup for if/when Tua gets hurt again, and I've been considering dropping him and just streaming on that occasion. But the problem is that he's just above any of the waiver wire options I would have to choose from so I guess I'll carry this weight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vargo posted:

Kenny Pickett performed just well enough to put me in a bind. I've had him on the bench as a backup for if/when Tua gets hurt again, and I've been considering dropping him and just streaming on that occasion. But the problem is that he's just above any of the waiver wire options I would have to choose from so I guess I'll carry this weight.

Ymmv but I would not hesitate to drop his bum rear end

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Mollymauk posted:

Mike Williams probably out for the season

:(

Hope Watson comes back soon. I’m seeing chatter about who, Palmer or Johnson, would fill Big Mike’s role?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Judgy Fucker posted:

My opponent is finished for the week, is up on me by 8 points in .5 ppr. I still have White, Swift, Puka, and PHI D/ST left to play tonight. If I can't squeeze 8 points out of those four then I guess I deserve to lose

Why would you ever say something like this

Makes mental note to check back tonight after Puka aggravates his injury in pre game warmups, White pulls a hammy in the first quarter, Swift retires to become a Taylor Swift backup dancer and the Eagles allow 50 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I'm starting Josh Kelley v MIN over Derrick Henry @ CLE, AMA

even with henry being tennesseed, he still outscored kelley, 2 to 1.95.