Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i hope they somehow bring the mv from persona 3 dancing in somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

anakha posted:

The sleaze is gonna ooze out of my PC's speakers and it's gonna be great.

oozing out your PC speakers to yoooooou

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Strega and Ikutsuki VA hard confirms:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Never heard of Chidori or Ikutsuki's VAs, but I like Chris Hackney (though I initially thought he was Sean Chiplock in his first line of that trailer, lol)

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Since there are events for the male party members and Strega I wonder if we can hang out with Ikutsuki?

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Junpei posted:

Strega and Ikutsuki VA hard confirms:

Continuity is always nice, just feels a little weird to randomly keep the VA for one character when they've made such a big deal about the recasting

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Clearly it means that the Persona 3 remake takes place in a parallel universe where stuff happens differently, except the Velvet Room is still just the same people.

I wrote this as a joke, but maybe?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I could see Elizabeth being an interdimensional being who is consistently the same across all realities.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
The breadcrumbs are absolutely there for Elizabeth to be Up To Something. P4 Arena has Elizabeth explicitly searching for a way to save Makoto, and even obtaining the power of the Wild Card for herself, and P3 Dancing shows she has some timey-wimey abilities (P3D Elizabeth is explicitly post-P3 Elizabeth, while the rest of the cast are obviously not). So P3R taking the FFVII-R route of "actually things are going to be different because someone (Elizabeth) knows how this goes and wants it to go different" (which I admit is a complete conspiracy theory at this point based purely on the fact that her VA is the only one that's the same and the aforementioned breadcrumbs from the spin-offs) might actually be on the table.

DanielCross fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 22, 2023

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

I would be 100% okay with them going the Final Fantasy VII Remake route on this, tbh

hmmm having mulled it over, maybe more like 70%? I loving adore the P3 ending and don't want it to change

Adrianics fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 22, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DanielCross posted:

The breadcrumbs are absolutely there for Elizabeth to be Up To Something. P4 Arena have Elizabeth explicitly searching for a way to save Makoto, and even obtaining the power of the Wild Card for herself, and P3 Dancing shows she has some timey-wimey abilities (P3D Elizabeth is explicitly post-P3 Elizabeth, while the rest of the cast are obviously not). So P3R is taking the FFVII-R route of "actually things are going to be different because someone (Elizabeth) knows how this goes and wants it to go different" (which I admit is a complete conspiracy theory at this point based purely on the fact that her VA is the only one that's the same and the aforementioned breadcrumbs from the spin-offs) might actually be on the table.

I was very confused why Elizabeth wanted to save the youngest Niijima sister for a second but maybe she wants to stop her from being a cop, so that's nice.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Dawgstar posted:

I was very confused why Elizabeth wanted to save the youngest Niijima sister for a second but maybe she wants to stop her from being a cop, so that's nice.

She's not into that kind of Thin Blue Line

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Reprising Platt as Elizabeth is interesting - either they couldn't get someone satisfactory to recast the role and decided to eat the probably higher paywage for her (without paying her more to also do Mitsuru), or they thought it was too iconic of a role and didn't even bother to look for someone else.

The only other major roles that we have to see about VAs are Pharos and Ryoji, right? Well I guess Toriumi but she has much fewer lines.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pharos has already confirmed to be Aleks Le, I would be surprised if Ryoji was not Aleks Le.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ChaosArgate posted:

Pharos has already confirmed to be Aleks Le, I would be surprised if Ryoji was not Aleks Le.

In a plot twist, they added a female variant of a character, but it's Ryoji.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The brief snippet we got of Pharos in one of the previous trailers sounded almost exactly like Yuri Lowenthal's rendition of the character, and Aleks Le has range out the rear end anyway, so I'm not worried about his ability to make the protagonist, Pharos, and Ryoji sound distinct.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Wouldn't be the first time we had the protagonist and a major antagonist(?) talk to each other in a Persona game anyway, see Johnny Yong Bosch.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Wouldn't be the first time we had the protagonist and a major antagonist(?) talk to each other in a Persona game anyway, see Johnny Yong Bosch.

Yuri Lowenthal was protag, Pharos, and Ryoji in the original game as well.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

well i started P5R. all my friends are here but my cool gymnast girlfriend seems to be late. i'm sure she'll show up eventually! ha ha!

haa

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DanielCross posted:

The breadcrumbs are absolutely there for Elizabeth to be Up To Something. P4 Arena has Elizabeth explicitly searching for a way to save Makoto, and even obtaining the power of the Wild Card for herself, and P3 Dancing shows she has some timey-wimey abilities (P3D Elizabeth is explicitly post-P3 Elizabeth, while the rest of the cast are obviously not). So P3R taking the FFVII-R route of "actually things are going to be different because someone (Elizabeth) knows how this goes and wants it to go different" (which I admit is a complete conspiracy theory at this point based purely on the fact that her VA is the only one that's the same and the aforementioned breadcrumbs from the spin-offs) might actually be on the table.

I strongly doubt something like this will be the case*, but it would be neat if it was.

* How were P4G and P5R initially marketed? I want to say that marketing material was always clear about the fact that those games would have added/changed ending material (with both having prominently marketed new characters), but P3R has seemingly been marketed as just a straight remake of P3 with just some additions to flesh out what was already there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I strongly doubt something like this will be the case*, but it would be neat if it was.

* How were P4G and P5R initially marketed? I want to say that marketing material was always clear about the fact that those games would have added/changed ending material (with both having prominently marketed new characters), but P3R has seemingly been marketed as just a straight remake of P3 with just some additions to flesh out what was already there.

Both were clear about new features coming but like P3R they introduced exactly what those new features were over time. To be honest Kasumi's whole deal was still kind of a ? until the moment Royal came out. (Which is what lead to the mild anger over them selling DLC costumes for a character who you can't use until the rear end end of the game.)

P3R's entire marketing thing is "we're introducing new stuff roughly every full moon until launch" so there is still more stuff coming though it's not super likely to be something massive.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ytlaya posted:

How were P4G and P5R initially marketed? I want to say that marketing material was always clear about the fact that those games would have added/changed ending material (with both having prominently marketed new characters), but P3R has seemingly been marketed as just a straight remake of P3 with just some additions to flesh out what was already there.

The first trailer I can find for Persona 4 Golden that shows anything from after December 24th is this one from about a month before release, and it's mainly incidental stuff from the ski trip, though the ski outfits show up in a clip of the new intro movie from the E3 trailer a few months prior. It's safe to say the selling points for Golden were the new content, sure, but they weren't exactly upfront about the extent of that content, especially not at first. The articles I can find from the time back that up.

Meanwhile, based just on my memory, Persona 5 Royal was more-or-less equally cagey about the contents of the new stuff, but that's for plainly obvious reasons and they were less guarded about the broad strokes. I feel like we knew much earlier that there was third semester content, for example. That said, the initial reveal trailer was incredibly cryptic (and ultimately irrelevant to the actual game), to the point that people thought Kasumi was a female protagonist for a brief minute.

edit: that said, no, I do not think there is any reason to believe they're going to juke us and this is secretly FFVII Remake

Arist fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 23, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I don't think there's any reason to worry about it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I mean something that radical would get me to buy the game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is there a way to transfer Gamepass Persona 5 saves to Steam? I don't think I have it in me to finish the game within a month (I'm 65 hours in), when I think the game leaves.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Next trailer is probably gonna focus on the social links, wonder how they gonna sell that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rinkles posted:

Is there a way to transfer Gamepass Persona 5 saves to Steam? I don't think I have it in me to finish the game within a month (I'm 65 hours in), when I think the game leaves.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1687950/discussions/0/3489752656790852279/

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it being removed from gamepass? Didn't see anything about that.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Thank you!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is it being removed from gamepass? Didn't see anything about that.

GP contracts are usually for a year, and P5R was added October 21st last year. MS typically only give two weeks notice before something leaves, but the dates are fairly predictable.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Anybody wanna Evoker?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
is that a FeMC trading card in the merch showcase

that's rude

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

is that a FeMC trading card in the merch showcase

that's rude

That is for P3P, not Rebirth

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh.

I'll allow it.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

That is for P3P, not Rebirth

So you subscribe to the differing timelines theory for P3R? :v:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The Planet's dyin', Makoto.

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)

anakha posted:

Anybody wanna Evoker?

That's not an Evoker. It's 1/2 of an Evoker, stuck in a shadowbox with an on/off switch on the bottom right that powers the light. :v:

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I guess the answer is "huge fans of FeMC" but who would shell out $200 for the deluxe edition of the AI upscaled port of P3P when the full remake of P3 for modern hardware is just a few months away.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
well people didnt know that there was gonna be a remake

also free gun

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Item Getter posted:

I guess the answer is "huge fans of FeMC" but who would shell out $200 for the deluxe edition of the AI upscaled port of P3P when the full remake of P3 for modern hardware is just a few months away.

Idk there's fans who buy LE editions of games each time when most of the items aren't worth it at all :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also people who might only be able to play on handhelds.