Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

This guy just retired from the NHL but they had no problem letting him play 25 games with this eyebrow-raising helmet and also another 8 seasons after that:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

eXXon posted:

This guy just retired from the NHL but they had no problem letting him play 25 games with this eyebrow-raising helmet and also another 8 seasons after that:

Bigfoot mask is bad?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

.. if you actually don't see it, take a closer look at the interesting font change for only the last couple of letters of his name (Greiss).

I guess people gave him the benefit of the doubt but a few years later the German national team said he was never going to play for them again due to "incompatible values", so.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

the house of commons’ favorite goalie

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

vyelkin posted:

temporary foreign soldiers

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

eXXon posted:

.. if you actually don't see it, take a closer look at the interesting font change for only the last couple of letters of his name (Greiss).

I guess people gave him the benefit of the doubt but a few years later the German national team said he was never going to play for them again due to "incompatible values", so.

oh.

Yeah I totally missed that even though I was looking for it :stare:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

flakeloaf posted:

temporary foreign soldiers who will have to pay for everything themselves and neolibs get shocked about how nobody signs up

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

MonsieurChoc posted:

drat, Yaroslav the jew slayer was real!

he was my neighbour and his kid was my friend growing up

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

"Why don't the principles of the Roman Republic work anymore?"

Also that internal poll is now external. https://twitter.com/DaltonRHerriott/status/1706127195079622812?t=OlhAAtJwZ1FtAuznkSwupw&s=19

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i sure would love to know the basis for those seat projections

because we certainly don't have any actual data to make them with

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

infernal machines posted:

i sure would love to know the basis for those seat projections

because we certainly don't have any actual data to make them with

It's by @kylejhutton, map maker, PR advocate, polycrisis opponent, Green. With a substack. What more do you want?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's math, stupid

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Meanwhile in Manitoba, the premier asserts her racist bona fides.

https://pressprogress.ca/heather-stefanson-launches-ads-declaring-she-will-never-search-landfill-for-remains-of-murdered-women/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Almost like the PCs want the NDP to win this time

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"As a mass murderer, I enjoy that the premier is giving me carte blanch to dispose of my victims into the dumps, safe and secure in the knowledge that they will not be dug up. I feel like she really understands us soulless sociopaths."

What I can only assume she imagines her target audience thinks.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Randalor posted:

"As a mass murderer, I enjoy that the premier is giving me carte blanch to dispose of my victims into the dumps, safe and secure in the knowledge that they will not be dug up. I feel like she really understands us soulless sociopaths."

What I can only assume she imagines her target audience thinks.

I'd say the ad is part of a larger pattern of chud dogwhistling. Those darn entitled Natives, not wanting to get murdered, or, when they're murdered, to get justice for it. Justice is just too darn expensive (for them). We also can't afford to let our brave cops get doodoo and peepee on their boots looking for bodies ("health and safety").

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

I'm a bit behind on the thread and I see the last few pages are Alberta CPP stuff, which will probably drown this out, but I just read this and it made me :mad:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-post-breaking-law-by-gathering-info-from-envelopes-parcels-watchdog-1.6569855?lid=cykfvcvyf2gb

Canada Post is trying to get a slice of Facebook-style targeted ad revenue. They're justifying it because we like it, apparently:

quote:

The post office stressed to the commissioner's office it must continually innovate and find new ways to diversify its revenue streams as regular mail volumes decline. It also said research indicates that consumers enjoy receiving relevant marketing offers by mail.

And it's also okay because we gave them permission to deliver stuff to us already ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

quote:

Further, Canada Post argued that it has the permission of Canadian households to deliver mail to their addresses, and to request "re-permission to deliver their mail would be absurd."

quote:

The privacy commissioner disagreed, saying in his report that not all Canadians would see the monetization of their personal information in such positive terms.

As a result, the watchdog recommended the post office cease using and disclosing personal information for mail marketing activities without seeking consent from individuals.

Canada Post rejected the commissioner's call

Why is our watchdog "recommending" they stop... why aren't they being told to stop?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Tagra posted:

It also said research indicates that consumers enjoy receiving relevant marketing offers by mail.

i would love to see this research

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Houle posted:

It's going to be annoying to see the same poorly typed defence and jacking off of modi. I really don't understand the cult of personality thing.

I also am going to be annoyed at when the people who are already being targeted by Modi and his band are then also targeted by Canadians who can't tell different shades past custard.

I don't think Canada would go to war with a Bric country. Canadians are going to (continue) to be really lovely to brown people though the more this is whipped about the news.

yea you got it, it's the cult of personality of modi rather than the blatant hypocrisy of the g7/5eyes countries coming back to bite them in the rear end

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Here's the opt-out link for Canada Post marketing: https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/info/mc/personal/tools/canadacomplete/default.jsf

I also found the opt-out for admail like flyers so I hit that too. I have my recycling bin directly below the postbox so I can just dump it from one to the other, so we may as well just not deliver it at all.

If this works anything like email spam I should expect a huge increase in marketing soon because I confirmed my address :v:

Gainsboro
Feb 28, 2023

Twenty Year Lurker

Virtual Russian posted:

What I'd give to have us all, as a country, laugh together about the prime minister choking someone.
The Shawinigan Strangler was a crooked goon, but he was our crooked goon.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I have an uncle by marriage whose father, a Ukrainian, was stopped at the border in the 50's for having an SS tattoo. Don't worry though, they let him in in the 70's, once the rest of his family was established in Canada.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
My inlaws have Ukrainian roots and I've definitely heard the line from that side of the family about their ancestors having "no choice" but to volunteer for the Nazis.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there was a poster in canpol, back when the information about freeland's grandfather came out (years back), who insisted that no one in the thread would have made a different choice, and that he was coerced into owning and running the formerly jewish printing press, and naturally had to print nazi propaganda

i don't remember who it was, but it was certainly something to watch

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

infernal machines posted:

there was a poster in canpol, back when the information about freeland's grandfather came out (years back), who insisted that no one in the thread would have made a different choice, and that he was coerced into owning and running the formerly jewish printing press, and naturally had to print nazi propaganda

i don't remember who it was, but it was certainly something to watch

Based on no evidence I'm going to say it was exxon and start some goon telephone to that effect

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Parliament gave a standing ovation to a Nazi collaborator who swore an oath of loyalty to Adolf Hitler

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I remember the discussion vaguely but I'm not diving into the archives because gently caress that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I was gonna write more words about it and respond to the posts people have made but what's the point? it was just going to recapitulate the many depressing posts I've made about this subject over the years, who gives a poo poo

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

vyelkin posted:

I was gonna write more words about it and respond to the posts people have made but what's the point? it was just going to recapitulate the many depressing posts I've made about this subject over the years, who gives a poo poo

This has been my approach to posting for the past 10-ish years.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

vyelkin posted:

Parliament gave a standing ovation to a Nazi collaborator who swore an oath of loyalty to Adolf Hitler

Well Canadians swear to a king. Many sides to this

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DaysBefore posted:

Based on no evidence I'm going to say it was exxon and start some goon telephone to that effect

I'm going to destroy you (legally, via electoralism).

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

vyelkin posted:

I'm curious if the Legion is going to say anything.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Karach posted:

I'd say the ad is part of a larger pattern of chud dogwhistling. Those darn entitled Natives, not wanting to get murdered, or, when they're murdered, to get justice for it. Justice is just too darn expensive (for them). We also can't afford to let our brave cops get doodoo and peepee on their boots looking for bodies ("health and safety").

i like how they photoshopped huge loving biceps on her like shes the punisher or something. caron is a active wps cop who actively and openly campaigns for conservatives constantly and ran for the cpc federally in 2019 lmao

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still remember that time my lawyer uncles told me it was impossible for Freeland to be nazi-adjacent because the Liberal party donors were all rich jews who wouldn't let that kind of thing happen.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

DariusLikewise posted:

i like how they photoshopped huge loving biceps on her like shes the punisher or something. caron is a active wps cop who actively and openly campaigns for conservatives constantly and ran for the cpc federally in 2019 lmao

I like the blue and yellow motif the conservatives are using, I really wonder which vote they're trying to court with that.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Masks really coming off lately

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
I love our garbage country.

:canada:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

been hearing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

You know what, I'm amending my position. WWI was started because of some goofy rear end serbs doing an assassination. The most funny future is WWIII starting because some Sikh gets assassinated in Surrey.