Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sorry, in player count on Steam. Looks like both Starfield and CP2077 are at about 150k, BG3 a bit more. But I don't think we have any way to tell how many people are still playing SF on Game Pass, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Do we need to?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Who cares

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I just want to talk to these people giving the game 9.5/10 and 10/10 scores. In no way is this game exceptional especially if you've already played Fallout.

If this game is a 9.5 out of 10 then Baldur's Gate is a 17 out of 10 :colbert:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I actually feel pretty bad about having to shoot jazz during the crimson fleet finale. she was only there for naeva 😭😭

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

site posted:

I actually feel pretty bad about having to shoot jazz during the crimson fleet finale. she was only there for naeva 😭😭

Never side with sysdef, ACAB

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

I assume that's related to the omission of visual options like FoV and brightness, but it could also be the new lows Bethesda is achieving in writing, gameplay mechanics & design. Or the excessive overreliance on a relatively small pool of canned PoIs to flesh out a mostly empty map.

ODB seems pretty soured on the game if their posts are any indication. Assuming they bought the game, it might not hurt to put it down for a year or two before coming back. Bethesda's 'We plan on supporting this game for years to come!' line was word for word what they said to try to calm the masses after Fallout 76's disastrous launch, maybe they'll patch in some more PoIs or refine it so there aren't dino bones on our moon.

I was cranky and reading it over my post comes off with way more vitriol than I feel. The tragedy of this game is that it's mediocre, and mediocre in ways that feel completely preventable to the point I question the "we spent a year polishing the game". However, it was still enjoyable and I deff got a lot of hours of gaming for my seventy bux. It's just a shame that the writing is so subpar, since at points there really are some promising ideas explored. The bright side is that the things the game lacks that are kind of standard for games of this profile ( brightness settings, maps, most accessibility options, other various things ) are possible to implement in a patch and will decently improve the experience. I wasn't super aware that Fallout 76 ever became good, but if that's the case I'm much more optimistic this will be a more refined product come release of the first ( probably snake based ) DLC. I'll get it even if this game remains in current state, but I really wish there were more leaks about the development because the weirdness of this game is fascinating. But hats off to you Goons, as my wife said to me last night "I think you're more entertained by the Something Awful thread more than the game".

The Lone Badger posted:

Finally built a ship from scratch. It's not pretty, but it's still better than any of my previous attempts.

No ladders, by virtue of only having a single Hab which is on the same floor as the landing back, docker and cockpit.

Absolutely bitchin' ship.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

The tragedy of this game is that it's mediocre, and mediocre in ways that feel completely preventable to the point I question the "we spent a year polishing the game". However, it was still enjoyable and I deff got a lot of hours of gaming for my seventy bux. It's just a shame that the writing is so subpar, since at points there really are some promising ideas explored.

The thing that gets me most about the writing is just how absolutely player-centric it is. A good half of the side quests come from you just walking up to some stranger and they just absolutely braindump their life problems at you. At least people are more open about what's weighing them down in the future I guess, but it's just too much "gee if only there was someone who could help me with this predicament... humph"

Like yeah it's a game, nobody wants to be a nobody or anything, but it's still really bad roleplaying in a role playing game. From a studio known for role playing games.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

site posted:

It doesn't make any difference because you can never got to the Key as a customer/pirate again, but I made sure to only EM-blast her and the shopkeepers on the way to Delgado. Hilariously, the game never culls them so I can return, dock with the Key, bomb boy will still be there kneeling and waiting to be arrested, and Jasmine and the shopkeepers and random surviving pirates will try to kill me every time :v:

Putting all the mission NPCs behind bars and getting to gloat was pretty funny. One of them is sitting in the corner cell that's unlit so for the longest time I thought NPCs were bugging out when they told me I could talk to him.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Macichne Leainig posted:

I just want to talk to these people giving the game 9.5/10 and 10/10 scores. In no way is this game exceptional especially if you've already played Fallout.

If this game is a 9.5 out of 10 then Baldur's Gate is a 17 out of 10 :colbert:

“Well, I think it’s better than FO4 at least, what did we give that game… gently caress”
-some of those reviewers, probably

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Magmarashi posted:

Do we need to?

I dunno man I'm pretty curious, and not just because dick measuring with other games either. It has pretty massive implications for the AAA side of the industry if this game is successful, and how much of that success comes from GamePass. It's probably more significant in the long run that BG3 was such a huge hit, since that one wasn't forecasted to be nearly as big as it was, but still, a single player RPG doing big huge numbers in 2023, the era of live service games, is significant.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

orcane posted:

It doesn't make any difference because you can never got to the Key as a customer/pirate again, but I made sure to only EM-blast her and the shopkeepers on the way to Delgado.

it would have been nice if you could talk to her like you can with voss and delgado. like, naeva escaped! you could convince jazz that she should live because naeva is still out there! but nope

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Macichne Leainig posted:

The thing that gets me most about the writing is just how absolutely player-centric it is. A good half of the side quests come from you just walking up to some stranger and they just absolutely braindump their life problems at you. At least people are more open about what's weighing them down in the future I guess, but it's just too much "gee if only there was someone who could help me with this predicament... humph"

Like yeah it's a game, nobody wants to be a nobody or anything, but it's still really bad roleplaying in a role playing game. From a studio known for role playing games.

It's too bad that Funcom's The Secret World flopped (should've never been made into an MMO), because one of the very refreshing things they did with that game was telling the player "you're not important at all" in terms of the game's world. Your character was just one of numerous agents the game's three factions had sent out to further their own goals, and the various NPCs had no problems reminding you of that fact. After so many RPGs and MMOs that kept proclaiming that the player is THE CHOSEN ONE, it was an absolute breath of fresh air.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I feel like Nova Galactic is missing parts needed to build a ship. Is my everything mod broken, or is there few/no top part thingies?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just want to +1 everyone saying sarah sucks

like, I was only agreeing with the guy to get more info, sarah, it's called recon sweaty

she just had to interrupt to say she doesn't like trade authority and give me a pile of dislike points

I haven't agreed to poo poo yet!!!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I just really want a fix for the fact that my slow time ability permanently sticks me forever in slow time now. Every time.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I can't find anything in Nova Galactic that goes with the Cabot Bridge, easily best bridge, and keeps the lines on the sides in the middle smooth. Nothing fits that well?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I can't find anything in Nova Galactic that goes with the Cabot Bridge, easily best bridge, and keeps the lines on the sides in the middle smooth. Nothing fits that well?

I tried forever and couldn't get it to work for me, was very disappointed

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Here is a hint for players who haven't advanced enough: don't ally with the Crimson Fleet, because your companions are later a pain in the rear end, crying about it, why did you ally with the bad guys? bwahh bwahh.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Turin Turambar posted:

Here is a hint for players who haven't advanced enough: don't ally with the Crimson Fleet, because your companions are later a pain in the rear end, crying about it, why did you ally with the bad guys? bwahh bwahh.

Here's a hint, your companions are always a pain in the rear end about everything. Why did you kill that person? Cause they mouthed off to me that's why.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You are a bad guy for not letting that guy on mars shoot you to death

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

I made this derpy boi with all-Nova parts because I didn't want to spend a week on it:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Pirates are bad but fascist cops are worse IMHO

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Turin Turambar posted:

The only reason not to go with the best faction in the game, is that it breaks so many subsequent encounters and quests that don't handle them as a friendly faction well... which is a lot of encounters and quests.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Ash1138 posted:

I made this derpy boi with all-Nova parts because I didn't want to spend a week on it:

That actually looks like a good ship design and convincingly realistic looking.

Reminds me of a frog from the top

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ash1138 posted:

That's adorable.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Ash1138 posted:

That is so adorable. The little blue wings are doing me in.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

skooma512 posted:

That actually looks like a good ship design and convincingly realistic looking.

Reminds me of a frog from the top

Call it the Cane Toad

Then invade Space Australia

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

The Eidolon Mk. 3

I went for minimalism; the only ladder is to the cockpit and it has a captain's quarters, workshop and infirmary. The turret absolutely shreds and it's fast as hell. Took down the entire Crimson Fleet at The Key in one go.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

BitBasher posted:

I just really want a fix for the fact that my slow time ability permanently sticks me forever in slow time now. Every time.

That happened to me yesterday doing one of the cryo lab runs. I was able to recreate it about 5-6 times by reverting to the last quicksave, so it was definitely some specific combination of attributes in my save that caused it to glitch. I even went back 2-3 saves and still hit it. I quit to desktop and relaunched and it stopped.

I could also only fire my weapon once - no more shots on subsequent trigger pulls, until I switched weapons and was able to get another shot off. Just running around a lab bashing in Spacer heads in excruciating slow-mo until I got bored.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Bethesda writers are something else. Only them could get a cool scifi concept like in the Entangled quest (I'm playing it right now) and make the dialogue and behavior of a bunch of scientists totally flat and boring, as if this was for them a Tuesday afternoon.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3081

Important mod.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I now have the little asteroid following me around.

What a weird loving game engine

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

So, something happened the other day that I kinda assumed I was just wrong/not paying attention but last night it happened again;

I was lockpicking and the ring was blue but the piece had one part that didn't fit (extra part, as in, wouldn't actually fit) and I hit "enter" and it unlocked the ring. I had the other parts lined up but...what the hell?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Macichne Leainig posted:

If another shop keeper forces me to listen to a diatribe about their life and problems without just letting me SHOP I'm going to scream a hole in my monitor

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Turin Turambar posted:

Bethesda writers are something else. Only them could get a cool scifi concept like in the Entangled quest (I'm playing it right now) and make the dialogue and behavior of a bunch of scientists totally flat and boring, as if this was for them a Tuesday afternoon.

"Dope concept that's still worth suffering through its miserable execution" is like 75% of BGS games.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Turin Turambar posted:

gently caress 'em. Adoring Fan understands ACAB

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Splorange posted:

The only reason not to go with the best faction in the game, is that it breaks so many subsequent encounters and quests that don't handle them as a friendly faction well... which is a lot of encounters and quests.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

It's such a huge oversight. Base after base of friendly NPC's.

You can kill some of them with robots if your lockpicking is high enough at a lot of them at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I was of course flippant with my previous post, the Crimson guys are cool, the whole point was to complain about the companions.

It's ironic, because until the last mission where you massacre the UC, the writers do the whole 'being pirate isn't about murder and pillage, but about searching a lost pirate treasure'.