Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pittsbugh, Boston, Chicago and Detroit all have 4 1000pt scorers. Edmonton will likely end up at #1 in the next couple seasons or so with 5 when McDavid and Draisaitl get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Pittsbugh, Boston, Chicago and Detroit all have 4 1000pt scorers. Edmonton will likely end up at #1 in the next couple seasons or so with 5 when McDavid and Draisaitl get there.

I see you there tempting the hockey gods

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I see you there tempting the hockey gods

Oh heaven forbid McDavid and Draisaitl don't reach 1000pts with the Oilers. Possibly because they publicly ask for trades because they hate the city so much. That's the last thing I want. Oh cruel deities of hockey do not instill this terrible punishment on me. I would detest it so. Alas though if you must I shall endure it somehow.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
The Kings have 4. And none of them rhyme with Chetzky.

If you include Wayner, that gives the Kings five 900+ pts scorers. The Wings have seven at 900+.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 25, 2023

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nuge could get there too. He's signed for 6 more years.

Also lol at thinking Leon or Connor are going anywhere. There's virtually no chance at that. They're not the Flames or Canucks!!!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Nuge could get there too. He's signed for 6 more years.

Also lol at thinking Leon or Connor are going anywhere. There's virtually no chance at that. They're not the Flames or Canucks!!!

They're both gonna get 16m a year at some point and Edmonton can't pay both.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leon isn't getting 16 a year. He'll get somewhere between 13-14 to be higher than Matthews and the highest paid in the league for a year. Connor will get 15. They can do both.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
McDavid is going to be a Chicago Blackhawk within 3 years

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Connor's agent has free reign to run the team how he sees fit. Just lol thinking those guys are gonna leave.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

No Oiler has ever famously departed the team.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Just lol at *superstar* is gonna leave their NHL team when they're a free agent.

Well unless its the Flames or Canucks.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ThinkTank posted:

It still nuts to me that the Sabres are putting so much on Levi here. He's a great prospect but drat they are going to ruin his self confidence if he's not instantly successful. Even if they really want to go with him, why not bring in a more capable backup than Eric Comrie? Were there really no vets willing to take a 2 x $2.5m deal to split time for the Sabres?

It is insane. Completely. Mostly everyone I know agreed with you. Even though he played well in that short stint and was better than every other goalie on the team, 7 games in two weeks is nothing compared to 82 in seven months. I agree with you that his confidence could be destroyed if they go on a bad run or if the defense leaves him out to dry.

But Kevyn doubled-down on him so we have to hope and pray either he does something no goalie has done before or UPL improves immensely and can start the majority of games. There’s no hope for Comrie, sadly.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

No Oiler has ever famously departed the team.

Wayner left for Hollywood when he was forced out by Pockington so his wife could chase her uhh dreams.

Lauren Kyle has Kyle & Co thriving in St Albert designing oil money chic interiors for the alt right hockey moms of Sherwood Park, St Albert and Fort Saskatchewan.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
The Avs have an AHLer at training camp named Ivan Ivan

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Wayner left for Hollywood when he was forced out by Pockington so his wife could chase her uhh dreams.

Lauren Kyle has Kyle & Co thriving in St Albert designing oil money chic interiors for the alt right hockey moms of Sherwood Park, St Albert and Fort Saskatchewan.

Lenard is the goddamn CEO he's not letting them leave that thriving business.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1706393137986293920?t=TQf6CpQWW0e8if-hftJkrQ&s=19

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Connor's one more night of drunken philandering away from Lauren insisting they move to New York.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Can androids get drunk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Recch-ed

:imunfunny:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Recchi is a terrible coach and somehow managed to make a powerplay with Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Kessel bad

he will coast for years on cup wins he was hardly involved in though

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Can androids get drunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j8kUXxxStA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

“His cooking is unreal, I’m not even gonna lie,” Fantilli said. “He’s a wizard with the air fryer. He made us some pretty good steaks in the air fryer and his chicken was really good, too. The minute rice was also pretty good.

Steaks can, in fact, be really good eatin' out of the air fryer.

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/1706360956366786858?t=q0PyF2EVDEIA1lYBxnclMA&s=19

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Why would you ever air fry a steak when you can slap it on an iron skillet for like 4 minutes

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Why would you ever air fry a steak when you can slap it on an iron skillet for like 4 minutes

How dare you question master chef Patrik Laine. He knows how to make instant rice.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1706438901978604021?s=20

:nutshot:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1706446257818865692?s=20

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1706447029616943245?s=20

Not intending to post like a GDT, just found it funny

I know it's only preseason but drat, at least I know what to expect! :v:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It is 4-0 5 minutes into the Flyers game

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Devils playing like they think preseason counts

E: It's a real mind gently caress seeing all these players I mostly have mental images of from their playing days getting all chubby and fat faced and behind the benches of whatever team

that guy used to be in the kind of shape I could never dream of being in! Now his face is fat as gently caress and he has a spare tire and is balding!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

It rules :tastykake:

Honestly happy to have hockey back and fully accepting the flyers fate that will (hopefully!!!!) only be for a few years

it will be forever

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

gently caress the flyers

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Even Lavy getting all chubby bugs me, remembering his Islanders/Flyers days

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Flyers gunning hard for the Canucks' "most embarrassing preseason debut" title.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I hope Logan Mailloux eats poo poo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Jackets put an episode of Behind the Battle out today covering the run up to the draft and Jarmo tells the team's AGM he and Pat Verbeek had a discussion which amounted to "if you tell me who you're going to take, do you want to flip picks?" It's about 16 minutes in.

E- also, The Terminator calling every pick from the second round on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_TYOfCJIu8

Andrew Strathmann was in the bathroom when he was drafted. :lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 26, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

Having a hard time seeing through this stream but looks like Jack Hughes is maybe a little too much for the Habs roster tonight.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Games only on RDS which I cant stream through my TV provider and its just been an absolute catastrophe trying to get a stream. I was about to pay for the sub directly from them before the game started, then realized the rest of the preseason I can get on TSN or Sportsnet. If it wasn't almost the end of the second I might have gone back and paid the drat 20 bucks, this is driving me insane.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nice garbage goal there from Anderson.

e: again from what I can derive from this stream Anderson seems to be the Habs best player tonight, which kind of doesn't surprise me in a preseason game in particular.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 26, 2023

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

Nice garbage goal there from Anderson.

e: again from what I can derive from this stream Anderson seems to be the Habs best player tonight, which kind of doesn't surprise me in a preseason game in particular.

He's been a one-man show tonight.

codo27 posted:

Games only on RDS which I cant stream through my TV provider and its just been an absolute catastrophe trying to get a stream. I was about to pay for the sub directly from them before the game started, then realized the rest of the preseason I can get on TSN or Sportsnet. If it wasn't almost the end of the second I might have gone back and paid the drat 20 bucks, this is driving me insane.

Yeah I got a direct RDS sub cause that's how I watch the Canadiens all year but its not worth it for just this match. Unless you're a huge fan of Guhle and Sean Farell falling down unprompted.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://x.com/RDSca/status/1706465092953366730?s=20

Please put jack in bubble wrap till the opener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
He’s definitely going to be injured for half the season, but dang if Chychrun doesn’t look like a legitimate 1st pairing defenseman.