Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

One day of this bizarre catching the bus gag would have been fine, but it's been a week now. Batiuk clearly thinks it's hilarious and clever.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rZSz1MYvw

(One of the weirder scenes from early TNG.)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

You know, if Family Circus actually did a story arc about time travel, parallel universes, shapeshifters, hallucinogens, or any other way to meet yourself... I'd totally be up for it. Hooked from day one.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Powered Descent posted:

Slylock Fox

Where to begin? First, I might not trust the deductions of someone who can't successfully count to four. And the bear is explicitly shown wearing overalls that have a pocket, so he wouldn't need the pouch either. The shoes could provide a much bigger clue than their mere existence -- their size would eliminate most of the suspects. And just because the bird can fly doesn't mean he wants to fly hundreds of miles -- if it was a bus ticket instead, would that exonerate everyone who can walk (slither)? Why does the bird have his wings on backwards? Will the cops protect the kangaroo from the lecherous snake who clearly wants to put his filthy coils all over her? Why is Officer Duck's badge on the wrong side? And is he calling the burglary a "robbery" purely to bump up the severity of the charges? WHAT IS GOING ON

Also, plane tickets typically include the passenger's name.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

How the heck did they wind up one of those families in the NFL Shop commercials who all pull for different teams

(Also funny that there's not one Cards fan in the bunch.)

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 25, 2023

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

JethroMcB posted:

How the heck did they wind up one of those families in the NFL Shop commercials who all pull for different teams

I would say thrift shopping but this family is always going to fine dining restaurants and black tie galas in their wood-paneled station wagon so who knows

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "284 - Jucika Is Suspicious"

This guy must be strong as hell considering Jucika's power level.

"285 - Jucika And The Corn On The Cob"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

JethroMcB posted:

CAR
DIN
ALS

would take up too much room on the shirt.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

JethroMcB posted:

"Hey Jeffy, what's your favorite color? Orange, you say? Well, Billy already took the Bears because he likes blue, so I guess... welcome to being a Cincinnati fan."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

... what?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Okay so now they're literally interrupting an old-format joke to jump to Puck's Moral Quandry: Misinformation Can Be Good in Redwall!

It's like they're teasing me.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

I mean like, that's fine, Billingsley's had worse ideas for stories, let's see where this leads...

Oh, it's nowhere! With no jokes!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

goatface posted:

... what?
BALD

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

goatface posted:

... what?

every time dustin is confusing just recall the family hate each other

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Ed Kudlick later returns to the store alone to get that cashier fired

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (May 31, 1959)

amigolupus posted:

Gawain not immediately stirring poo poo? Awww hell, this doesn't bode well.

Also, Val's horse has an excellent "Oh, you wanna go? I dare you, motherfucker!" glare in the 2nd panel. :allears:

That horse deserves an avatar-sized version. Just sayin'.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

I miss DTWOF. I don't think it was currently going on when Trump was in office but drat that would have been some intense material. same as the poo poo in Florida.

Does anyone know how How Wonderful! was sourcing them? Was she making her own scans? She's still active on the forums so anyone who really wants to see DTWOF again could always ask her about it.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

[sighs] well here's vore's restaurant, I guess.

Argyle Sweater

The trailer for A Serious Man is one of the best trailers of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDKHWRbK2_Q

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/25-27/51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO6SmllpTR8

I'm mystified by the last panel. I get the pun on "aerial artists" and antennas, but where does Stalin fit into it? Maybe related to his push to industrialize/modernize the Soviet Union in the 1920s.

Archie 4/1-3/48

Selachian fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 25, 2023

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (May 13-16, 2003)

Ryan, nooooooo

That's the end of this arc! Originally there were two full 7-day weeks of guest strips, but we're going to skip those since those are basically an artifact of the early 2000s webcomics scene and not plot-revelant at all. Tomorrow we start a Rachel and Tessa adventure.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Geez Mary take a hint.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kazinsal posted:

That's the end of this arc! Originally there were two full 7-day weeks of guest strips, but we're going to skip those since those are basically an artifact of the early 2000s webcomics scene and not plot-revelant at all. Tomorrow we start a Rachel and Tessa adventure.
The only SGR guest comic we need is the one that roasts how Allison tended to draw women in those days.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

I can tell which episode of Foundation Rae is up to.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

So I noticed awhile ago that Mark went from having his stubble hand drawn to being a pattern spread done in photoshop or whatever. Generic uniform hash marks that after a few weeks I squinted, noticed it, and slapped some Ctrl+Fs into the same thread I'm plundering my Jucika reposts from. It started like 3-6 months ago.

Today marks Jules being so lazy she used the same "technique" for shading because lol, that panel 1 and that busted tiling. That combined with "Mark is worth waiting for" but apparently not drawing past the rough draft stage and

lol

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

howe_sam posted:

The only SGR guest comic we need is the one that roasts how Allison tended to draw women in those days.

"But why the bag" is forever funny

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zereth posted:

... drove him home from the airport after he took a plane back from peru, surely?

i forgot he was supposedly dropping him off at the peruvian airport but then dumps gunther on a tour bus.

Bogor

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

i forgot he was supposedly dropping him off at the peruvian airport but then dumps gunther on a tour bus.
... what the gently caress.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Zereth posted:

... what the gently caress.

Like you wouldn't ditch Gunther

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shugojin posted:

Like you wouldn't ditch Gunther
No I mean what is that guy doing in both peru and.

Where does Luann normally take place? do we even know what state

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Zereth posted:

It's never said, but given Greg Evans' level of shits given in some of his writing and that he and his family are from San Diego, the strip is probably set in some vague southern California suburb.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Kazinsal posted:

It's never said, but given Greg Evans' level of shits given in some of his writing and that he and his family are from San Diego, the strip is probably set in some vague southern California suburb.

That makes the college arc even stranger because UCSD is one of the best known party schools in the country.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zereth posted:

a sorry state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

I know you just said he drove him to the airport, but I'm just gonna go ahead and believe that dude drove Gunther all the way to the US from Peru and then just stayed here.

Luann

Quite telling that she's been the title character of her own comic strip for decades, yet struggles to think of one interesting thing that she's ever done.

Gil Thorp

Home Free