Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
now make the truck a convertible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

What's it like knowing no other car you own is as cool as the little truck?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Megabound posted:

What's it like knowing no other car you own is as cool as the little truck?

I’ve learned to live with it. I go to cars and coffee events every month to hang out and overwhelmingly the car that gets the most response is the Acty.

-My rare super clean 400hp Volvo gets ignored. -S2000? Brushed over.
-Acty? Can’t walk away from it to look at other cars because of all the questions and comments.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I want a kei truck so bad

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Same. But any I see for sale near me are like $4-6k , easily.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Kei truck owns, clean AF Miata owns

I lust for a new RF miata

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

Goddamn, I'm so jealous of that truck I've seen one driving around my town and just kind of shocked every time I see it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

You can steal one from the monthly cars and coffee event.

e: Reminded me of whenever I saw a Suzuki Carry van or pick-up that was obviously on a job, I'd think "if they load it top-heavy, it's going to fall over taking a curve!" But I never saw it happen so :shrug: Don't see them much these days.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Sep 25, 2023

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
For my outdoor painting table that lives in the garage I've been using an incredibly lovely and rickety 4'x4' card table for way too long, so I picked up one of those foldable ones at the home improvement place that's like 3'x6' and it's night and day. The bottom is all metal so it feels sturdy as hell, and the plastic top is extra thick.

I did a city scape while doing yardwork to celebrate the fact it doesn't wobble at all.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

Someone hit and totaled our old car when it was parked on the street overnight so was forced to buy a new one (thank god used car prices are inflated, got a great value from insurance for the old one)

Got very lucky and someone had to give up their spot in line the day we went to look, heard horror stories out of Canada of 6-12+ month waits
I recently got a new car after an accident, too.
On June 12, I skidded off the road due to bad conditions and an unfortunately timed sneeze, and my face looked like this:

The next day, at the tow yard, my car looked like this

I'm probably going to have permanent scars on my left arm from airbag burns (link and cw for injury and blood, even though it's not too bad)
https://i.imgur.com/Qucc72s.jpg

All things considered, I consider myself lucky that I stayed conscious after hitting a concrete bollard at 45mph and was able to walk away.

Epilogue:

Yesterday, I drove home in this with a family discount and 4y/5.15% financing since loans through my credit union start at 4.99% because of some bullshit they call "the economy," while CarMax offered me 8.7% last week and had to re-run it for some reason yesterday and offered me a generous 10.4%

I always like the looks of that generation of Volvo wagons, and it feels so much lighter and nimble while driving than the S60 did despite having 10hp less that I really like it. Plus, it has paddle shifters so I can pretend I'm driving a sports car when I'm rolling through construction zones at 5mph.

Of course, someone hit the front passenger fender and bumper in the parking lot less than a week after I bought it :mad:

Josh Lyman posted:

I had a chance to (maybe) get a new Aeron at cost during early covid since my friend’s sister works for Herman Miller, but she didn’t reply the couple times I DMd, and it seems like after the Knoll merger they’ve cracked down on extra discounts. HM and DWR have a 20% sale on gaming, plus my Capital One card giving 8% bonus cash back on DWR means it’ll never be cheaper.

I'm not affiliated in any way with them and this isn't a referral link, but Madison Seating has a lot of high-end furniture for 1/4-1/3 of retail price, free shipping, and a 10y warranty. I have a Leap and my brother has an Aeron, both are great chairs and it comes down to personal preference.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

I recently got a new car after an accident, too.
On June 12, I skidded off the road due to bad conditions and an unfortunately timed sneeze, and my face looked like this:

The next day, at the tow yard, my car looked like this

I'm probably going to have permanent scars on my left arm from airbag burns (link and cw for injury and blood, even though it's not too bad)

All things considered, I consider myself lucky that I stayed conscious after hitting a concrete bollard at 45mph and was able to walk away.

Epilogue:

Yesterday, I drove home in this with a family discount and 4y/5.15% financing since loans through my credit union start at 4.99% because of some bullshit they call "the economy," while CarMax offered me 8.7% last week and had to re-run it for some reason yesterday and offered me a generous 10.4%

I always like the looks of that generation of Volvo wagons, and it feels so much lighter and nimble while driving than the S60 did despite having 10hp less that I really like it. Plus, it has paddle shifters so I can pretend I'm driving a sports car when I'm rolling through construction zones at 5mph.

Of course, someone hit the front passenger fender and bumper in the parking lot less than a week after I bought it :mad:

I'm not affiliated in any way with them and this isn't a referral link, but Madison Seating has a lot of high-end furniture for 1/4-1/3 of retail price, free shipping, and a 10y warranty. I have a Leap and my brother has an Aeron, both are great chairs and it comes down to personal preference.

Sucks that your car is busted but it's a great testament to modern car safety with the car looking so hosed up and you just lightly banged up

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

My friend's sister used to work for furniture dealers and is starting a job with Miller Knoll in a month. Historically, she's been able to get stuff around 60% off, though it's not clear what the discount is now post-merger. That said, I got mine for 20% off and I'd have to eat the original and return shipping (I still have the box) and waiting a least a month depending on whether there's a grace period before she feels comfortable ordering one for me. Regardless of shipping costs and a lower discount, it would still be a significant amount of money, but I feel kinda icky about it, especially since I've had the chair for about 40 days (I did initiate a return last week at the end of the 30 day return period just in case but I haven't followed up).

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Sep 25, 2023

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Aramek posted:

For my outdoor painting table that lives in the garage I've been using an incredibly lovely and rickety 4'x4' card table for way too long, so I picked up one of those foldable ones at the home improvement place that's like 3'x6' and it's night and day. The bottom is all metal so it feels sturdy as hell, and the plastic top is extra thick.

I did a city scape while doing yardwork to celebrate the fact it doesn't wobble at all.

Oh that is really slick!!

I saw someone doing something maybe similar at one point, where they had a variety of objects used as stencils with which they kept layering, blending thick spots by hand or with crinkled magazine sheets, re-covering, adding more layers, flicking bits of paint, and the end product just broke my brain, what with the speed and simplicity of the individual steps leading to a painting that just straight up looked like it had been digitally generated.

That poo poo is so cool, I absolutely love it--I'm so freakin impressed by that kind of creativity. You have any links to your other stuff or are you selling anywhere?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

Same. My chair came in with a busted arm and no hassle about getting a replacement. Sent in a picture and they sent a new arm. A+ would buy again. Hopefully next time I won't miss that I have 2 chairs in my cart when I check out. :negative:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

GWBBQ posted:

Imgur recommended that the next thing I look at after this is a cake that looks like an anus.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

withak posted:

Imgur recommended that the next thing I look at after this is a cake that looks like an anus.

The algorithm knows best

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Catatron Prime posted:

Oh that is really slick!!

I saw someone doing something maybe similar at one point, where they had a variety of objects used as stencils with which they kept layering, blending thick spots by hand or with crinkled magazine sheets, re-covering, adding more layers, flicking bits of paint, and the end product just broke my brain, what with the speed and simplicity of the individual steps leading to a painting that just straight up looked like it had been digitally generated.

That poo poo is so cool, I absolutely love it--I'm so freakin impressed by that kind of creativity. You have any links to your other stuff or are you selling anywhere?

Honestly I've been oil painting (Bob Ross poo poo) at a little art station I built in my basement for several years now and that's really fun but it's a lot of setup and clean up and then it takes at least two weeks for it to dry so I was at home Depot of all places getting more trimmer string and I happened to wander through the paint aisle and I was like you know what I'm going to try the whole spray paint space thing.

Cuz now instead of just watching TV or whatever if I feel like going out to the garage and doing a painting I can and I can see why this type of painting is really popular with street performers because it's very fast and fun. If you have the space I suggest giving it a try yourself it feels like you're not actually painting it's just a method you do and then stuff automatically shows up. I haven't sold any of them I've just been either hanging up myself (like a Sims character) or giving them to friends and family.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Forgive me PYF for I have purchased more guitars, it has been over three weeks since my last post.

The stripped husk of a Harmony H-7000N

Digging in the parts box, stealing parts off another guitar, and a couple parts bought...

Someone's Partscaster with a swamp ash body worth more that the complete guitar above. Too bad it kinda sucks right now, needs some work.

And another for the Hondo collection, an H-7600 MR(Metallic Red) that needs work

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
My old lovely BMW station wagon was getting too old, worn and unreliable, so I bought a slightly less old BMW station wagon, a 2015 320d XDrive.

Tons and tons of equipment on it. My must haves were adaptive cruise control and power rear hatch, but it also has 360 degree cameras, panorama glass roof, Harman/Kardon surround sound, heads up display and all kinds of BMW M Sport equipment.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

DrBouvenstein posted:

My friend's father-in-law raises 2-3 every year and I try to get on the list for a half cow's worth of meat... I don't always get it (they have more than a few family friends who want in, so it's typically a lottery) but lucked out this year.

Got my beef:

mystes
May 31, 2006

That looks like an appropriate freezer for someone named DrBeoufenstein

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
gettin real fuckin beefy in here

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
New outdoor light to light up my driveway. I had an LED work light I attached to the garage wall but it broke after one winter season. It's one of those designs that should be made illegal where the whole thing is junk if the led goes. Bought a classic barn lantern, classic scandinavian anyway, without anything more advanced than wires and an E27 socket in it. Fitted the strongest LED bulb I could find. I had a motion sensor from before to wire up as well which is of a more durable design, had that style for a decade now outside and it works 100% still for the carport lamps.

Wired it up for a test and everything works, will put it high up on a wall over the weekend. I like these old lamps, might get another to put over the door to the shed. Nice old timey feel.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Incandescent christmas lights, 120v stuff and I live in Europe but I really like American style christmas lights. Will get a step down transformer, will probably convert to led as bulbs break.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh man it’s time to start planning the Christmas lights…

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Oh man it’s time to start planning the Christmas lights…

Planning? I just turn them off on Epiphany and turn them back on on Little Yule.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

The day after Thanksgiving and not one second earlier.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I don't know when that would be.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
New patch for my backpack:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Nice practice pad, got the same one

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

TotalLossBrain posted:

Nice practice pad, got the same one

It is nice but it tends to slip around, maybe I need to put something between it and my desk. I caught the bug for playing drums again and now every day I'm checking GearHunter and Reverb for cheap mini kits. I should have never sold that Ludwig Breakbeats kit I had a couple of years ago.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I've only got an ekit. Looking to get a good deal on a decent used acoustic kit on FB marketplace.
Seems prices are coming down.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

TotalLossBrain posted:

I've only got an ekit. Looking to get a good deal on a decent used acoustic kit on FB marketplace.
Seems prices are coming down.

I'd love to get an electronic kit but I don't really like rubber pads and all the ones with mesh heads are absurdly expensive. I'm a bit spoiled by having the Drums department right under me at work; I can go and take a few minutes on the e-kits whenever there's a lull. We've got that new Roland/Drums Workshop hybrid kit down there, it's clutch. Did you know that Roland just bought DW?

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
More guitars

80's Mako Strat copy

80's Hondo Iceman copy

80s or 90s Cruise Superstrat with red/yellow crackle finish. Need to get out the spandex and hairspray for this one.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
I do this stupid thing where I order flower pots and I'm always surprised with how big they are when they come in.
Happens literally every time.

These guys were about twice as big as I expected

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EricBauman posted:

I do this stupid thing where I order flower pots and I'm always surprised with how big they are when they come in.

This is what Big Pot wants!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
the succulent spores infecting your brain yessssss more root space yesss

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Not trying to shop shame but this really isn't the thread or the forum to discuss your pot problem...

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

widefault posted:

More guitars

80's Hondo Iceman copy
hell yeah

widefault posted:

80s or 90s Cruise Superstrat with red/yellow crackle finish. Need to get out the spandex and hairspray for this one.

gently caress YEAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

EricBauman posted:

You got a link for those?