Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cheap Trick posted:

Technology has gone too far

the proliferation of internet connected linux/android smart devices that never get security updates is the second most important reason why dos attacks are basically everywhere these days (the first most important reason is that people are garbage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Cheap Trick posted:

Technology has gone too far

Smart Washer and Dryer, Smart Refrigerator, Smart Coffee Maker, smart SEX TOY WARMER. The possibilities of infected poo poo here is gloriously endless.

Think about it some idiot with a smart fridge with a TV in it is being used to slam Bungie's server and has no idea.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

It's time for Bungie to counter-hack the infected smart lightbulbs and make them blink B-U-Y F-I-N-A-L S-H-A-P-E in Morse code instead

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

life_source posted:

Did something happen in the Destiny fashion universe? I just saw four separate Hunters with the same gold highlighted with pink/purple glow shader in the space of three games.
Pretty sure that's one of this season's fashion rewards.

Although at some point around autumn there's a guy who posts on reddit trying to get everyone to wear gold shaders (especially titans) in memory of his kid who died, maybe that's coming up?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

life_source posted:

Did something happen in the Destiny fashion universe? I just saw four separate Hunters with the same gold highlighted with pink/purple glow shader in the space of three games.

Sounds like Luminous Void. Available this season for silver in a le monarque bundle. If is anything like ego malign/the bad juju bundle it will be sold for bright dust next season.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

life_source posted:

yes. that shader was sold. same thing happened when erebos glance was released: suddenly everyone was solid black for a while.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Any Trials tips, in general and for Hunters specifically?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Any Trials tips, in general and for Hunters specifically?

Be familiar with the maps, and if you're the lower skill player on your team, it's OK to focus on staying alive and just teamshooting the enemies instead of overextending yourself trying to get kills on your own

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's rough out there dude. When you even can get a game, there's no way it'll be full and no guarantee it'll make it to the end.

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
For hunter, you can try building a loadout around a strong exotic, like Young Ahamkara Spine if you like solar hunter or Oathkeeper/Le Monarque if you like bows.

In general, try to have masterworked armor with good stats and correct mods, what those are exactly is up to you (personally I like at least 8/9 recovery). It's a little disheartening inspecting a teammate round 2 and seeing he has like 3 recovery 3 resilience 5 mobility and a full set of PvE mods. You can save multiple loadouts to switch between ahead of time, so you aren't scrambling mid match to swap from solar shotgun/kinetic handcannon to conditional finality/arc smg. I think the best tip for Trials is to just keep at it, and after every round try to think about why you won or lost, and how you could've played better.

Also make sure you leave whispers open for hatemail, if you're into that sort of thing

https://vimeo.com/867751377

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah the game is down even harder than its recent usual. Used to be that the errors would cut an activity short. For the last few hours it's been more like "can't even go to the HELM"

Headed in a worrisome direction

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should bring back the funny guns the game ran fine until they got rid of em

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should bring back the funny guns the game ran fine until they got rid of em

Load bearing Ammits

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Bungie has really improved at giving players the ability to take a break from the game.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

They better make next trials weekend igneous again, what the christ

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I didn't get an adept because I was prioritising eating Tim Tams over shooting good like but this first Trials win I got I got given this lil cutie:

Not a perfect roll but I am very happy with it and think I'm done chasing Hammers lol. Might see if I can get one for PvE shenanigans maybe. Heal Clip + Incandescent/Golden Tricorn might be fun. Heal Clip is actually pretty neat in PvE, but pretty useless in PvP from what I've seen.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Tried getting into the same instance for like 45 mins last night, we loaded in, one-banged the master challenge and as soon as we loaded into bridge 2 people got DC'd lmao. Talk about threading a needle.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Did they refresh the igneous hammer perk pool this season?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Listerine posted:

Did they refresh the igneous hammer perk pool this season?

Yep! Almost entirely new set of perks.

Old perks: https://www.light.gg/db/items/2351180975/igneous-hammer/
New perks: https://www.light.gg/db/items/1973107014/igneous-hammer/

In particular, it can now roll EOTS with Keep Away / Rangefinder / Rapid Hit, making it beastly for duels. Not worth suffering through Trials in the current server state, though.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Holy poo poo I got to play crucible matches tonight.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Heads up
https://twitter.com/lightdotgg/status/1706486488710385717?s=20

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

How loving weighted is Trials? I can't count the number of times I go 3-0 in Freelance and then it all turns to poo poo, every loving time. And it's not me doing anything different for the rest of the rounds.

E: Also still filled with cheating/ximming scumbags out the wazoo.

Snapes N Snapes fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 26, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Is this your first time playing trials? Lmao

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

new pacific worn at ada for those of us brainpoisoned enough to chase rare shaders

Grobbit
Jan 20, 2009
So is the game "stable" yet or are we still stuck with errors and frequent booting out of game?

I haven't done more than logging in for weekly store/ada checks in the past 3 weeks due to RL then the bugs then ddos. Wondering if it's worth trying a game session this week or will I just get booted and quit in frustration.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was able to knock the weekly stuff out for the season so it was stable enough for that, but lot of laggy enemies and warping around some so I wouldn't bet on it for anything super serious

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Snapes N Snapes posted:

How loving weighted is Trials? I can't count the number of times I go 3-0 in Freelance and then it all turns to poo poo, every loving time. And it's not me doing anything different for the rest of the rounds.

It’s connection based I believe. No skill based. I recommend just slowing down and trying to team shoot but if you’re solo queueing it’s just the luck of the draw.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Was able to stay logged in long enough to collect a shader and gun, good enough for today lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PathAsc posted:

Was able to stay logged in long enough to collect a shader and gun, good enough for today lol

Weirdly the game also threw a couple additional exotic engrams and levels at me on the season pass I had already claimed, so a red letter day lmao

Nothing particularly good though

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Snapes N Snapes posted:

As long as your passage card is flawless, you are in the "challenger" pool, and matchmaking is purely based on connection. You could get stomped by a bunch of pros, or you could be stomping some low-elo PvE-main babies just trying to get some pretty armor; it's completely random and based purely on ping and geographical location.

Once your card is flawed, you're put in the "practice" pool, and it does loose SBMM with stomp/farming protection.

In general, whether or not you go to the Lighthouse is 40% player skill and 60% matchmaking luck. (And that matchmaking luck depends a lot on whether the challenger pool has a wide range of player skills that weekend, or if it's 90% sweats and recovs because everyone else avoids Trials outside of 2xXP weekends.)

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 27, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And don't forget that the more skilled you are, the luckier you get

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I've tried a couple of rounds of Checkmate and even with things like Target Lock Autos and Box Breathing Scouts Handcanons are just way too oppressive imo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh, the Imbaru Engine apparently is different this week according to Reddit. Neat I guess.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah. If you unlock a certain minor arcana you can proceed past the first puzzle and into a new one

That finishes the imbaru triumph, so it seems like there are just the two. For now :tinfoil:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

SgtSteel91 posted:

I've tried a couple of rounds of Checkmate and even with things like Target Lock Autos and Box Breathing Scouts Handcanons are just way too oppressive imo

Target Lock Autos are "Very Bad" and I think that Box Breathing Scouts still need 4 hits total with the health increases so Handcannons will beat that simply because of their handling.

My further thoughts on Checkmate:
Most guns are fine though Handcannons stay king. You whatever you use to be a good roll that does something though. Almost all TTK's have changed so get used to it. Know your engagement ranges.

Your exotic armour of choice needs to actually do something. Since ability regens are so low you can't bounce Tripmines or Skip grenades or whatever repeatedly. Maybe something could be done to overcome that with enough build crafting but I'm not rich enough to do that.

Connection based matchmaking so I'm always getting extremely fashion tryhard Trials washouts running over my lobbies and identical emblem 6 stacks. There is a startling amount of team shooting and grouping together.

It's all good. I enjoy it.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Is the adept weapon from this week's GM good? I got an alright roll (perpetual motion/incandescent) but something about these latest adepts seem underwhelming.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

Yeah. If you unlock a certain minor arcana you can proceed past the first puzzle and into a new one
The arcana card is hidden in Savathun's spire just before you go into the final boss room. There's a barred gate on the right of the room as you go in, and the card is next to the left pillar.

I had to do it a few times because I'm old and slow and the dang youngins on my team kept running ahead. When I finally got a group that waited, I stood there shooting until they came over and got it, so it doesn't seem like many people know its there.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I didn't even get to finish last week soaps because I would get kicked to orbit before finishing a spire or alters. couldn't stay connected for more than a few minutes, sometimes booting me all the way to the title screen and making me wait to connect saying "servers at capacity". still can't believe this ddos hasn't stopped when it got boring to whoever is doing it.

fugit, Starfield it is then.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I haven't actually used a legendary bow since they sunset the valentine's day one Shaxx gave out lmao

That bow owned

e: Come to think of it, I don't use sniper rifles, grenade launchers, handcannons* (one day I'll get a good one again), or glaives either. I rarely use SMGs (same thing as handcannons) or fusion rifles.

haveblue posted:

That finishes the imbaru triumph, so it seems like there are just the two. For now :tinfoil:

Speaking of triumphs, next week is the last week of Doing Things based on the triumph, but there's another triumph that's currently 6/10 for listening to all the poo poo at the HELM. Does that usually just keep going past the "missions" part of the season? I haven't really bothered before.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of triumphs, next week is the last week of Doing Things based on the triumph, but there's another triumph that's currently 6/10 for listening to all the poo poo at the HELM. Does that usually just keep going past the "missions" part of the season? I haven't really bothered before.

In the past those have exactly matched main quest beats and complete at the same time. But also in the past listening to them wasn't actually part of the main quest, you'd just have to notice that the radio is interactable after getting the "wait for next week" step. So I don't know where they're going with it now