Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Greece should invoke Article 5 and start bombing Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

i say swears online posted:

lol you're supposed to take off the uniforms, idiots

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lol you're supposed to take off the uniforms, idiots

ukraine keeps posting pics of people with nazi insignias and nothing bad happens, why would these guys care :v:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Truga posted:

ukraine keeps posting pics of people with nazi insignias and nothing bad happens, why would these guys care :v:

because they're actually from the Nazi region so they can't be explained away as sparkling race scientists

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lord of Pie posted:

because they're actually from the Nazi region so they can't be explained away as sparkling race scientists

How dare you, sir, dishonor the memory of Galicia.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmfao

https://twitter.com/Somali_ICS/status/1701727042520203424?s=20

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sacre bleu! :monocle:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

someone assaulted an opposition MP in poland:

https://www.politico.eu/article/borys-budka-assaulted-poland-mp-urges-government-to-break-spiral-of-hate/

quote:

Budka told reporters that the man verbally abused him before pushing him and breaking the phone he was using to record the encounter. The man was detained by police.

“I was called names like German,

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1705311028555227145

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

what kind of german was he called

in denmark we call foreigners __germans depending on the situation: for example nazi- or sausage- or naked-

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what are the situations for the latter two

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
why are there naked germans in denmark?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tankbuster posted:

where there's a beach, there's a way

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I just learned the weirdest thing about interwar Belgium, which I assumed was a boring constitutional monarchy, and didn't know where else to post

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(Your son or husband's) Service Guarantees Citizenship!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tankbuster posted:

where there's a beach, there's a way

sorry unbookmarked by accident

they had the whole naturism thing, healthy people healthy country. it predates hitler, but it was a thing in a lot of europe in the 1920s, 30s. fine whatever, but in my life every time theres a naked fat dude on a beach, thats a german. es ist was es ist som man sir

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

naked germans get almost everywhere. i actually kind of respect how willing middle-aged germans are to just plonk down on any random beach and get completely nude and then read a crime novel or something, it shows a certain degree of comfort in your own skin imo

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

V. Illych L. posted:

naked germans get almost everywhere. i actually kind of respect how willing middle-aged germans are to just plonk down on any random beach and get completely nude and then read a crime novel or something, it shows a certain degree of comfort in your own skin imo
germans are descendants of lilith, and thus not burdened with the knowledge of the forbidden fruit

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

lol at how loving bad the eu crushed greece, first with the bailouts, and then syriza. there might have been an inkling of things being better so revert it to ww2 standards of living. thanks for thoroughly trouncing the socdems, surely there won't be nazis gaining strength there anytime soon

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

V. Illych L. posted:

Don't they also dress up like Native Americans, or are the Karl May Germans and the Nudist Germans different groups>

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Those are childrens books, I hope they are different groups

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1706037800943181834

womp womp

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hahahahahaha hell yeah dude. yes bitch

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

syriza lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so if anyone is unaware of the minutiae, the major right opposition to syriza, new democracy, barely won the last election and reversed syriza's proportional electoral system reform. they then immediately called a new election and won under their own new rules, which provides a parliamentary seat bonus to the first-place party. now they have a majority instead of a minority compared to the previous election depite getting a lower percent of the voteshare

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 21:29 on Sep 24, 2023

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
shitiza

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

That's Sebastian Kurz, OP - he's Austrian!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Don't they also dress up like Native Americans, or are the Karl May Germans and the Nudist Germans different groups>

Don't think the first are a specific group, but yeah there used to be those Karl May live shows. Guess it's something you take your kids to?

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Lol, lmao

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ugh

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

ex-Goldman Sachs wow

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Syrizafication

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

My own speculation is that this is just the end of Syriza as a meaningful party. The whole thing was basically the Tsipras party from the get go anyway, without him there's nothing coherent, and nobody in Greece wants what this loser is selling.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

biden 2008 volunteer is incredibly perverse

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

biden volunteer, goldman sachs trader, and shipping executive. coalition of the radical left!

anyway wahts the story with the kke,

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
kke are proper communists

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

green transition going well!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

I just learned the weirdest thing about interwar Belgium, which I assumed was a boring constitutional monarchy, and didn't know where else to post

The unusual pairing of universal male suffrage and universal MILF suffrage.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

crepeface posted:

green transition going well!

greenback transition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sweden having a normal one
https://www.newsendip.com/swedish-prime-minister-responds-to-fatal-attack-promises-stricter-intervention-including-armed-forces/

quote:

After an explosion was reported yesterday in Uppsala, a city 70 km (43 mi) north of Sweden, which killed a 25-year-old woman, the prime minister gave a speech responding to several murders in Sweden. The prime minister, Ulf Kristersson of the center-right Moderate Party, said that gangs are responsible for these continuous murders. He said that the government would change its legislation to address gang violence, via stricter migration and surveillance policy assisted by the Swedish military.[...]

Kristersson said the government’s “naivety” and “cluelessness” are the causes, which he said they would correct by denying more migrants entry into the country. “While immigration increases to Europe, it decreases to Sweden,” Kristersson said.[...]

Starting on October 1st, Kistersson said there will be a preventive wiretapping measure instituted in Sweden. By the prime minister’s words, it seems as if the police will be able to listen to domestic calls. We were not able to provide more details on this new policy at the time of writing.[...]

On July 1st, 2023, Sweden passed laws doubling the sentence for gang-related crimes and added a law against recruiting children.
The prime minister said the government was going to create “search zones” as well, where people will be searched for weapons.

He said he had summoned the commander-in-chief of the armed forces to assist the police in these programs. Assisting in internal conflicts is not necessarily a part of the Armed Forces’ duties, which are usually more focused on assisting in international conflict, “to defend Sweden and its territories against armed attacks,” and “safeguarding national sovereign rights and interests in areas outside the territory.”[...]

Currently, Sweden is governed by a right-wing coalition majority formed by Kristersson’s Moderate Party and two other right-wing parties. The party with the largest number of votes in Parliament is the Sweden Democrats, a nationalist party that wants to “keep organized crime out” via a strict migration policy and is “not afraid to challenge the status quo,” according to their website. The government needs the Sweden Democrats to get a majority in the Riksdag.

https://www.politico.eu/article/sweden-ex-pm-andersson-urges-send-troops-to-stop-gang-violence/

quote:

Andersson, from the opposition center-left Social Democrats, suggested Thursday to Swedish outlet Aftonbladet: “Surveillance performed by police officers could be carried out by the military. In addition, there is technical know-how with the military that they could assist with.”[...]

Sweden could also ask Norway, Denmark or Finland for additional police support, Andersson added.

Sweden’s Justice Minister Gunnar Strömmer, from the center-right Moderate Party, finds the idea of deploying the military an “interesting thought,” public broadcaster SVT reported.[...]